Let's not forget the price for Wentz (2-1st, a 2nd, a 3rd & two players)

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL .......for my money? Give me Dak ( only cost a 4th) and draft picks. Not to mention Dak can do little more with his legs and feet........

Eagles cleaned up Chip Kelly’s mess in a hurry, and other Week Nine thoughts
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 6, 2017, 6:10 AM EST
870626826-e1509921252231.jpg

Getty Images

It wasn’t even two years ago that the Eagles fired Chip Kelly, an alleged offensive guru who had saddled them with a bunch of overpaid and underperforming offensive players. It’s remarkable how quickly they’ve cleaned up his mess.

Philadelphia, which put up 51 points on a very good Denver defense on Sunday, is now 8-1 and the best team in the NFL. That’s mostly due to its stellar offense, and what’s remarkable about that offense is how completely it has been rebuilt since the departure of Kelly, who spent three years as the Eagles’ coach and also had final say over personnel in his final year. Bad personnel moves can put a team in a salary cap hole that takes a long time to dig out of, but Eagles General Manager Howie Roseman and coach Doug Pederson have done it quickly.

The big move, of course, was at quarterback. Not everyone was sold on Carson Wentz coming out of North Dakota State last year, but the Eagles were. They traded two of Kelly’s favorite defensive players, Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell, to move up in the first round of the draft, then traded that first-round pick, another first-round pick, a second-round pick and a third-round pick to Cleveland to get the second overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. That’s the pick they used to get Wentz.

I don't understand why there has to be a comparison. They both are playing well for their teams and leave it at that. Why do we have to choose one over the other?:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yep. That's the reality of the NFL draft. Teams often get a bit lucky.

You struggle to admit what is reality with Dak because I guess you view it as criticism of the FO. It's really not. It's just acknowledging that we had some really good fortune that our trade for Lynch was rejected and Cook was taken before we could draft him.
I'm not struggling to admit anything.

I'm pointing out the fact that Dak being part of lucky set of events has no bearing on what Philly had to give up to get Wentz and the luck that allowed them to "recoup" the draft picks via an out of the blue injury to a starting QB on a potential SB contender is not even the close to being the same type of luck or is even relevant.

jjktkk

Reaction score
But being the weakminded person you appear to be, you seem to actively look for threads like this and enter a NFL game thread just to complain about Cowboys fans giving credit to a rival.
Nice deflection. You still did not answer my question why do you enjoy trolling Cowboys fans?

And yes, the FO screwed up this offseason. You can continue to delude yourself but when your top three FAs are no longer on the team by the end of October, that's a pretty big failure. We are staring up at the Eagles and right now sit in the last WC spot. That's not where we should be if the FO did a better job this offseason.
What the hell are you talking about, deluding myself? This team is slowly rounding into shape and is starting to show that their free agent misses are not holding them back. And we haven't even played the Philly yet. What happens if we sweep Philly? I doubt it happens, but instead of crying and crying about the Cowboy's FO, you need to open your eyes and realize the potential of this Cowboys team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm pointing out the fact that Dak being part of lucky set of events has no bearing on what Philly had to give up to get Wentz and the luck that allowed them to "recoup" the draft picks via an out of the blue injury to a starting QB on a potential SB contender is not even the close to being the same type of luck or is even relevant.

So which "Luck" is luckier than the other "Luck"?
:huh:

Sydla

Reaction score

You are just playing semantics.

Philly got lucky they could move Bradford for a #1 pick to recover a key trade asset for Wentz. We got lucky our trade for Lynch fell through and Cook got taken before we could have taken him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice deflection. You still did not answer my question why do you enjoy trolling Cowboys fans?

That's the point. Nobody is "trolling you". That's patently false. The fact is that you are seeking out these clearly marked threads. He's not pulling you into them.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You are just playing semantics.

Philly got lucky they could move Bradford for a #1 pick to recover a key trade asset for Wentz. We got lucky our trade for Lynch fell through and Cook got taken before we could have taken him.
No, I'm not playing semantics. I'm the one making an actual argument.

You're the one playing semantics by saying "luck is luck" as if context means absolutely nothing.

Sydla

Reaction score

What the hell are you talking about, deluding myself? This team is slowly rounding into shape and is starting to show that their free agent misses are not holding them back. And we haven't even played the Philly yet. What happens if we sweep Philly? I doubt it happens, but instead of crying and crying about the Cowboy's FO, you need to open your eyes and realize the potential of this Cowboys team.

I don't troll.

I state reality. Wentz is trending towards an elite QB. He's that good. You'll note that I never compare him to Dak because I am quite content with who we have at QB. But I won't be some homer Cowboys fan like some of you and not admit reality. The Eagles have a legit stud QB and could be a thorn in our sides for the next decade. You literally have people on this board arguing that Wentz is a crappy QB who isn't very smart, only makes one read, and can't throw the ball at all.

Slowly rounding into shape? This team would be much better off right now if they had been smarter in FA. Denying that is just hilarious at this point. They messed up in FA. They just did.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, I'm not playing semantics. I'm the one making an actual argument.

You're the one playing semantics by saying "luck is luck" as if context means absolutely nothing.

because in the end, luck is luck. Philly was likely going to trade Bradford at some point anyway and they had an offer for a 2nd rounder from another team earlier in camp. But their plan was to let Wentz sit. When the Vikes got desperate and dropped a first rounder, the Eagles had no choice to but dump him on them.

You simply are struggling to admit that because you want to make it seem like the Cowboys weren't as lucky as Philly. Again, if you want to think that to make yourself feel better, have at it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
because in the end, luck is luck.

You simply are struggling to admit that because you want to make it seem like the Cowboys weren't as lucky as Philly. Again, if you want to think that to make yourself feel better, have at it.
No it isn't.

Because otherwise phrases such as "making your own luck" wouldn't exist.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely not Andrew.

Definitely not. That situation - and entire franchise for that matter - looks like a real mess.

More Ryan Grigson fallout. That guy was the worst.

Sydla

Reaction score
No it isn't.

Because otherwise phrases such as "making your own luck" wouldn't exist.

Making your own luck is a cliché, a figure of speech, LOL. It's not exactly a provable theory.

And no, we didn't make our own luck anyway, if you want to believe in that.

jjktkk

Reaction score
That's the point. Nobody is "trolling you". That's patently false. The fact is hat you are seeking out these clearly marked threads. He's not pulling you into them.
Stasheroo,It really is adorable how you and @Sydia attempt to stick up for each other on here. Are you two like internet besties? But @Sydia clearly thought trolling a fellow Cowboy fan was, in his words "priceless".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Some of these guys are just miserable. Cowboys won a game most of us didn't think they would win and we are talking about some flawed moves they made.....

Sydla

Reaction score
Stasheroo,It really is adorable how you and @Sydia attempt to stick up for each other on here. Are you two like internet besties? But @Sydia clearly thought trolling a fellow Cowboy fan was, in his words "priceless".

See that's you again showing a lack of reading comprehension.

I never said trolling was priceless. I said what's priceless is how some of you can't handle any discussion that involves people talking about how good Wentz is.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Does not matter now what they gave up. They traded Bradord and got a 1 back. They drafted well, filled out with Free Agents and the QB is a PRIORITY position. I hate the BROWNS for being idiots!! Wentz is going to be top 3 QB soon enough. He is MVP right now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I always assumed they were the same person. Maybe they are related or married. It's clear though what their agenda is.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some of these guys are just miserable. Cowboys won a game most of us didn't think they would win and we are talking about some flawed moves they made.....

Bigger picture. And FWIW, I posted last week I was confident about the KC game.

This team still has flaws that I think prevents it from being a legit SB contender this year. Things that I think could have been improved if they had been smarter in FA.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Poor Cleveland. When they stay pat and draft-- they cant get a franchise QB. And when they try and "Herschel Walker" the Eagles they lose out on drafting Wentz.
:laugh:
Even this year, they could've grabbed Watson.