Let's not forget the price for Wentz (2-1st, a 2nd, a 3rd & two players)

jjktkk

Reaction score
Slowly rounding into shape? This team would be much better off right now if they had been smarter in FA. Denying that is just hilarious at this point. They messed up in FA. They just did.

Cowboy nation is aware of the FO's failures in free agency. I repeat, Cowboy nation is aware of the FO's failures in free agency. So Polly, how many times do I have repeat this?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh so we cant talk about the mistakes they made anymore?

Good to know the rules around this place.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Making your own luck is a cliché, a figure of speech, LOL. It's not exactly a provable theory.

And no, we didn't make our own luck anyway, if you want to believe in that.
So what if it's not a "provable" theory? No one said it was. The phrase implies that preparation is involved and you've actually thought of contingencies and made a smart choice when things didn't go as planned. That you're better prepared for unexpected events due to the unpredictability of the situation.

The Cowboys had Dak on their "radar". They interviewed him. They had a value for him, and considered him a possibility. They didn't just completely out of the blue say, "hey, let's just pick this guy because we'll take a gamble based on nothing at all."

The Eagles didn't go into the Wentz trade thinking "Oh, hey maybe some starting QB on SB contender might get injured and we can recoup our picks" as some sort of cost-benefit analysis for their choice and therefore has no impact on the assessment as to what they gave up nor on the smartness of their front office.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Credit where credit is due, they've made an amazing turnaround from Kelly's numerous mistakes.

And that absolute beat down of the team that gave the Cowboys and absolute beat down was impressive.

They will be a huge hurdle to try to overcome twice this year.

Anyone who wants to look foolish trying to undermine or downplay what they've accomplished is free to do so.

We just dominated the team that gave them their only loss.

They're not this unbearable juggernaut you insist on labeling them as in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bigger picture. And FWIW, I posted last week I was confident about the KC game.

This team still has flaws that I think prevents it from being a legit SB contender this year. Things that I think could have been improved if they had been smarter in FA.

Flaws is one thing. Bringing up stuff like the front office though? I get it they sucked this offseason but there's nothing we can do about that now. We are in the middle of a playoff run. Garrett is going to be our coach and at the end of the day we messed up on Carroll, Thorton and Damontrae Moore. You win some moves you lose some.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I always assumed they were the same person. Maybe they are related or married. It's clear though what their agenda is.

LOL oh yeah, these two swee peas actually think their hiding their Cowboy's FO contempt, but they don't. Along with @visionary, they'll hang out and wait for the Garrett and Jerry to screw up, or the team goes on a losing streak, etc... and then they will educate the masses on here and tell us how bad the Cowboy's FO is, etc., etc, etc...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles have turned things around overnight, much like the Rams have done. We have a TON of talent on this team. In the end however, you're only as good as your coaching.

The Eagles turned their team around in 2 years on both sides of the ball, player acquisition and coaching change.
The Rams turned their team around in a year by changing coaches.
We have been turning things around for 10 years now.

Definitely Coaching as well as player acquisition from FA point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Eagles turned their team around in 2 years on both sides of the ball, player acquisition and coaching change.
The Rams turned their team around in a year by changing coaches.
We have been turning things around for 10 years now.

Definitely Coaching as well as player acquisition from FA point.

You guys said they turned around a few years ago.....remember when they had Chip Kelly? It takes more than one year. Next year they could suck. They could be a perennial team. That's when we will know how good they are.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL oh yeah, these two swee peas actually think their hiding their Cowboy's FO contempt, but they don't. Along with @visionary, they'll hang out and wait for the Garrett and Jerry to screw up, or the team goes on a losing streak, etc... and then they will educate the masses on here and tell us how bad the Cowboy's FO is, etc., etc, etc...

You say silly stuff. Such as me hiding my FO contempt............. I've done no such thing. I've done the opposite, I've made it pretty damn clear that I think the FO made some dumb moves this offseason and that I am not sure I can put faith in them fixing their FA problems anytime soon.

And I am talking about it after a win, so no, I don't wait until we lose a game to point this stuff out.

Other than that, fantastic post.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

They think we are dumb enough to see it. I'll admit I use to think it was this site......just the posters....its not. Its just 3 or 4 guys who probably aren't even Cowboy fans to begin with.

Sydla

Reaction score
They think we are dumb enough to see it. I'll admit I use to think it was this site......just the posters....its not. Its just 3 or 4 guys who probably aren't even Cowboy fans to begin with.

No, you would be dumb if you think I've been trying to hide my contempt and criticism for the FO. Geezus, in the previous post to me you just admitted that I criticize the FO openly and often.

You and jjktkk might want to get on the same page here in your criticisms of people's posting styles.

And LOL at thinking it's only 3-4 guys who have been critical of how the front office has operated recently, etc.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stasheroo,It really is adorable how you and @Sydia attempt to stick up for each other on here. Are you two like internet besties? But @Sydia clearly thought trolling a fellow Cowboy fan was, in his words "priceless".

I think it's just great that you have to resort to deflecting when called out on the truth.

"Priceless."

The fact is that you chase after threads like this. It's obvious.

Verdict

Reaction score
Credit where credit is due, they've made an amazing turnaround from Kelly's numerous mistakes.

And that absolute beat down of the team that gave the Cowboys and absolute beat down was impressive.

They will be a huge hurdle to try to overcome twice this year.

Anyone who wants to look foolish trying to undermine or downplay what they've accomplished is free to do so.

The Broncos are in free fall mode. They were playing dominant football when we played them. They are playing so badly now they benched their starting QB in favor of a QB so bad a team is paying him not to play for them. Let's keep it all in perspective.

If we had played 9 games with San Francisco what would you expect our record to be? That's almost what Philly has done. They got beat soundly by a team that we dominated yesterday.

I'm not yet that impressed with Philly. Their defense appears pretty solid and their offense is clicking too but it is against not the best of teams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always assumed they were the same person. Maybe they are related or married. It's clear though what their agenda is.

Yeah, the truth. Despite the fact that some people are too weak to handle it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, you would be dumb if you think I've been trying to hide my contempt and criticism for the FO. Geezus, in the previous post to me you just admitted that I criticize the FO openly and often.

You and jjktkk might want to get on the same page here in your criticisms of people's posting styles.

And LOL at thinking it's only 3-4 guys who have been critical of how the front office has operated recently, etc.

No its 3-4 guys who take this approach you guys do. Sit around and wait for things to go bad........just to say I told you so. The team is playing well.....so you go to your "The front office failed us this offseason"....ok we get it. Now what? We can't take this offseason back and right now if this team wins a ring then what? You guys will still talk about how this front office failed us. Not even mentioning that we could've made moves this offseason that would've buried some of your younger guys. WE could've went at Calais Campbell and buried Irving or Lawrence. Quit worrying about the moves we didn't make and worry about the moves we did. It will be less stressful.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Broncos are in free fall mode. They were playing dominant football when we played them. They are playing so badly now they benched their starting QB in favor of a QB so bad a team is paying him not to play for them. Let's keep it all in perspective.

If we had played 9 games with San Francisco what would you expect our record to be? That's almost what Philly has done. They got beat soundly by a team that we dominated yesterday.

I'm not yet that impressed with Philly. Their defense appears pretty solid and their offense is clicking too but it is against not the best of teams.
Not only that but the Cowboys weren't playing good football either. THe offensive line was terrible against the Bronco's.