Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

phildadon86

Reaction score
I got bad news Rockport. A cover 3 defense is a cover 3 defense. A cover 2 defense is a cover 2 defense. A cover 1 defense is a cover 1 defense. No matter if Bill Parcells tells you how to run it or some random guy on the internet.

Football is really not that complicated of a sport.

Now there are wizards... Andy Reid is a wizard.

But a guy like Jason Garrett can show you football schemes in their purest form. I mean almost no motion or anything. This is basic. Everything is textbook.

But.. You do you man. Think what you want.
Lol. Ok bro. Now you’re trying to say it doesn’t matter who delivers the message? Go apply for the HC of the cowboys. Let us know how it goes

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When did I say Dak is a bust simply for 2019? I personally think Dallas should have turned the QB page after 5 seasons of Dak while others feel differently, which is fine. So, please stop making accusations that are unfounded.
so you never said Dak is not a good QB or below average, etc. and never pointed to 8-8 in 2019 and the philly loss? never!!! really....

not making accusations.....what I do is quote you right back to you and you took offense with that.

if you feel that we should have turned the page, then that's your opinion, welcome to it. I think otherwise. its all an opinion. but trying to justify it with a small sample as you did, then complain about the OP using a small sample. that's called pot calling the kettle black....simply put.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you are going to quote anyone then do it verbatim instead of making assumptions or injecting your own falsehoods while attributing it to what someone says.
there was no assumption. it was a summary of what you said in 130 posts....can't quite fit all of it in one post...but basically that's what you said.....no falsehoods. just your own logic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah neither did , Dan Marino
well, Marino did go to a superbowl....so perhaps he is a little better than Moon, but not as good as Dilfer who won a superbowl. Dilfer should have got a max QB contract after his superbowl win since that's the logic around here.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott 10 company had one great season where everything was intact. It’s been an absolute turmoil since then. And to still put up 35 points a game before he was injured. Imagine a fourth round quarterback playing better than Jared Goff or Carson Wentz. they get praise and he doesn’t it. OK so we took over for Tony sorry things happen. But give the man credit he is an absolute winner he’s the right man for this team. I believe the story hasn’t been written and I believe he can bring us a championship. Because the team is looking good. Even with the worst special teams in the league we won games. Even when we lost our starting tight end wide receiver left tackle running back in the same season we still won games. So many ignorant statements it just baffles my mind . How spiteful people can be in there thinking

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL. see my other response. I am being sarcastic with the Dak detractors.
I apologize that my cowboy brother. It’s just upsetting people make up stupid excuses why they don’t like this quarterback. We were all comes down till they took over for there king tony . I think the kid is a winner. And no I don’t think you have to win something to be a winner. That’s just an ignorant statement by some of these people

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
well, Marino did go to a superbowl....so perhaps he is a little better than Moon, but not as good as Dilfer who won a superbowl. Dilfer should have got a max QB contract after his superbowl win since that's the logic around here.
Marino was amazing. He could’ve been the goat. He just never had the supporting cast. So many good quarterbacks in this league throughout the years. People think Mahomes is great if they only knew what real football was.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My point was Dak was part of the offense. The failure of the offense in each of those games whether it was misfires, miscues, ineptitude etc. is on the offense which Dak is a large part of. I watched all those games if the offense could have gotten out of its own way they would not have been close or tied games. Yes the Defense can shoulder the blame for giving up points, but the Offense has to shoulder the blame of leaving points on the field in the 1st half.
your point as you stated was that the offense was slow to start, the team fell behind and couldn't win the game as a result. now you are saying something different than what you originally said. so are you backtracking what you said and now following another line of reasoning (in your own mind)?. then I can address that too if that's the case. given how many points we scored in each of those games.

and let me ask you is your expectations that the offense scores every time? is that definition of leaving points on the field? how often should the offense be scoring in your opinion? and I go back to the Zeke and Schultz fumbles. is that Dak's fault? you seem to equate those offensive miscues to Dak's not being able to run the offense. please explain....

is the defense giving up 4 TDs and a field goal with one stop in the first half acceptable. that's 31 points at half time. is your expectations for the offense to score 31 at the half?

every offense leaves points on the field. not every drive is successful. not every drive ends up even getting a first down. that's not a Dallas thing, its an NFL thing. including KC, Tampa, NO, GB...

but the defense giving up scores in 4 of 5 drives is giving up too many points on the field. what's your expectations of the defense and how often they should make a stop? third down percentage, etc.

lets get your opinion on both sides of the ball....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No matter what way you spin it. You said 2 guys who are top 10 qbs werent going to be as good of pros as 2 guys who arent even starters. Try and keep up.
he is spinning all right. he just can't admit he was wrong. tells you a lot about a guy who can't admit he was wrong.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wilson was drafted in 2019 not 2020.. If he and Hill pan out then that would be two starters each from the last two drafts. Get two more in the coming draft and we might be on our way. I know Hill is a bit of lightning rod but it's often forgotten that he is actually a year YOUNGER than Gallimore.. He came into the league needing to mature both physically and emotionally but dude has tools.. We just need to develop him. I don't know that the previous regime was all that great at interior developing d-linemen.. Let's hope Quinn is a little... no a lot better..
I hope they develop. based on results last year, its all potential. that potential has to be realized.

and regarding Wilson, I am not sold on him as much yet. he played better against much weaker competition, but didn't show up against better teams....which makes him a rotational guy only

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Based on the criteria here in the czone, HOW in the HECK is Warren Moon Great?!?
and based on that very criteria Dilfer is better than Marino and Moon. since Dilfer led his team to a superbowl win. Ravens should have given him the largest QB contract at the time...since if you win a superbowl it means you are a worthy QB

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers just like Mahomes media love a boys. Mahomes is so overrated. He never should’ve beat San Francisco. Other than his Hill Mary’s put the bowl up for grabs great wide receiver he’s lucky to have. That’s who should’ve been MVP. Mahomes LMAO

Honestly there is nothing to say. Neither of these guys even approaches overrated. It’s just a very bad argument. Seriously. He threw a great ball. It wasn’t close to a Hail Mary. Please do research before stating all this stuff

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-becoming-a-top-five-quarterback-of-all-time/

Most Pass Touchdowns (first 193 games)
  1. Aaron Rodgers -- 400
  2. Drew Brees -- 377
  3. Peyton Manning -- 369
  4. Dan Marino -- 361
  5. Tom Brady -- 359

6. Most Pass Yards (first 193 games)
    1. Drew Brees -- 53,308
    2. Matt Ryan 52,432
    3. Peyton Manning -- 50,561
    4. Aaron Rodgers -- 50,341
    5. Dan Marino -- 50,121
    Fewest Interceptions (first 193 games)
    *Minimum 5,000 attempts
    1. Aaron Rodgers -- 88
    2. Alex Smith -- 106
    3. Donovan McNabb -- 117
    4. Tom Brady -- 134
    5. Joe Montana -- 139
    Highest Passer Rating (first 193 games)
    *Minimum 3,000 attempts
    1. Aaron Rodgers -- 103.4
    2. Russell Wilson -- 101.8
    3. Kirk Cousins -- 97.5
    4. Tony Romo -- 97.1
    5. Steve Young -- 96.8
    The pace Rodgers has set for himself is incredible, especially since he's arguably having the best season of his career at 37 years old (he just turned 37 on December 2). Rodgers is averaging 260.8 passing yards a game for his career through 193 games. If he plays as long as Brady at that current pace (297 games), Rodgers would have 77,467 yards at that point in his career (Rodgers would have to play 6.5 more seasons to get to that point). Brady currently has 77,871 yards while Brees has 79,612 -- the most all-time. Rodgers would be third on the all-time list if he played up to 297 games (Brees has played just 284).

[

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Marino was amazing. He could’ve been the goat. He just never had the supporting cast. So many good quarterbacks in this league throughout the years. People think Mahomes is great if they only knew what real football was.
OH I agree whole heartedly......

Mahomes has some nice weapons around him and he is very protected....he is good. he takes advantage of what's been provided to him, but lets not make it as if he is playing with bums

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I could write a book. Romo carried the team LOL he had every possible opportunity ever. 8-8. Never elevate a bit much than that. Look I think Romo was a warrior but never trusted him. I believe in Prescott I believe the kid is a winner. It’s attitude it’s locker room presents. So much more than Romo had
unfortunate for Romo to have had Garrett as his head coach.......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's 5 years into his career. He'll never be some prolific passer.

He'll get better at things but it's clear what his strengths and weaknesses are.

He'll never have the throwing ability of a guy like Matthew Stafford for example because he just doesn't have the talent.

That doesn't mean we can't win with him or he can't have nice numbers.
he was second in passing in 2019. he was leading the league in passing in 2020 after 7 games (although he went out the 5th game).... :huh:

Matthew staffortd is one of the most over rated QBs in the NFL history...he throws a pretty ball, so did Andre Ware if you know who that is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is the same guy that said that the offense would be better under Dalton and that Dalton would get similar results.

Dak=37 points per game
Dalton=21 points per game
but but but Dalton didn't have Tyron Smith.....Tyron Smith = 16 pts per game..... wait, I just found the key to offensive success.....is it possible to play to LTs at the same time, then we might just average 32 points per game.... LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is clearly behind:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rogers
4. Allen

He’s as good as any QB in the league after that group.
although I like what Allen did last year, its only one year and he was average before that. I like to see him do it another year before putting him at #4.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Allen made it to the AFC Championship game and Brady won the Super Bowl.......where has Dak led Dallas in his 5 seasons?????
Dan Marino lost a superbowl, Warren Moon never made it. Dilfer has a ring. Eli has two....I guess Dilfer and Eli are better than those guys.....each played plenty of seasons in the NFL.