Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol. Dak is not a great QB by any measure from any generation. Dak’s flaws as evidenced by his draft evaluation have only changed in that he now has NFL experience.
oh, draft evaluation? Brady was a sixth round pick, Russell Wilson a 3rd round pick, Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted, he was packing Groceries, Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick, Joe Theisman a 4th rounder and so on.....interesting logic.....

Hypotenoose foot meet Hypotenoose mouth

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
oh, draft evaluation? Brady was a sixth round pick, Russell Wilson a 3rd round pick, Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted, he was packing Groceries, Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick, Joe Theisman a 4th rounder and so on.....interesting logic....

Hypotenoose foot meet Hypotenoose mouth

Lol. Your counterexamples are all HOF QBs, apart from Wilson. In the biz we call that cherry picking. Another Dallas Dak fan that will follow him to his next team. When Dak is the QB of a Cowboys team that wins a divisional playoff game please reply to this thread and tag me. I’ll send you a $20 gift card for the vendor of your choice.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol. Dak is not a great QB by any measure from any generation. Dak’s flaws as evidenced by his draft evaluation have only changed in that he now has NFL experience.
Dak is a great QB by every measure. The ignorant, like you, will say he hasn’t won a SB like that means he isn’t a great QB. Dan Marino never won a SB and he’s considered one of the all time greats.

Blitzen

Reaction score
For all of 2019 and the first 4 games of 2020 the Dak led offense has AVERAGED 31.45 points per game. That's great if not outstanding. Stop and think before you bring up the record which you haters always do. If an offense is averaging 31.45 pts per game and you're not winning, which side of the ball is to blame?

Stop it with the hater agenda driven non-sense.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak is a great QB by every measure. The ignorant, like you, will say he hasn’t won a SB like that means he isn’t a great QB. Dan Marino never won a SB and he’s considered one of the all time greats.
Dak can't carry Dan's wig. sheesh get real. That was ignorant, you hating ignorant hater, ignorant hate.
Ignorant, stupid hate, just ignorant hate, how stupid, ignorant, stupid hate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak can't carry Dan's wig. sheesh get real. That was ignorant, you hating ignorant hater, ignorant hate.
Ignorant, stupid hate, just ignorant hate, how stupid, ignorant, stupid hate.
Drugs are the downfall of America. Seek help. I’ll be praying for you.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Drugs are the downfall of America. Seek help. I’ll be praying for you.
200w.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not blaming Dak but the Cowboys defense was top 10 in both yards and points 3 times in his 5 years. So can we please retire that "haven't had a good defense in years" thing.

All world, no. But lets not act like last year's defense was what this team has been trotting out since 2016.
Yards and points. But also ranked near the bottom in turnovers. Go look up our starting field position. There’s more to defense than points allowed and yards.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
so you never said Dak is not a good QB or below average, etc. and never pointed to 8-8 in 2019 and the philly loss? never!!! really....

not making accusations.....what I do is quote you right back to you and you took offense with that.

if you feel that we should have turned the page, then that's your opinion, welcome to it. I think otherwise. its all an opinion. but trying to justify it with a small sample as you did, then complain about the OP using a small sample. that's called pot calling the kettle black....simply put.

You seriously have mental issues and it's like trying to debate a 2-year old.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Warren Moon won nothing. Warren moon sucked.

this is your logic.

How can you call somebody a winner when they have won absolutely nothing? He's won nothing in the NFL or in college. People like Mahomes, Brady, and Wilson are winners.

Why exactly is Dak a "winner"? The only thing he's won at is convincing his bosses that he should be the 2nd highest paid QB ever coming off an 8-8 season followed by a 1-3 season before breaking his leg. That's impressive, and I give him credit for that, because to him that contract is more important then the teams success. If your bosses are crazy enough to give you that money when you've done nothing to earn it you'd be crazy not to take it. Dak is a winner in that regard.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said romo is great. I am just trying to establish what constitutes greatness.

I am not admonishing anything or anyone....I simply ask if all wins/losses solely lie on the QB....people tend to point to wins/losses and when I ask the question they tend to spin. I have seen many blatantly blame Dak for losses and not being able to win games, yet when pointed to his wins, they point to great players around him and that its them winning games, not Dak. so its confusing line of argument to say the least.

Other than me already saying Dak is what we are...as a team.

I agree there isn't any consensus on "greatness"...some wide window apparently. Typically agenda driven. Rockport thinks Dak is "great". I do not. I have no problem with him being our QB.

I don;t think you a have to be a SB winning QB to be great. Dan Marino. I also don't think a SB win necessarily makes a QB great either.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You seriously have mental issues and it's like trying to debate a 2-year old.
Oh and the slight insults begin.

And then there is an attempt at escalation.

Like I said, your opinions, your logic.and you get upset. I guess you should be mad at yourself for not making sense.

Too funny

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Lol. Your counterexamples are all HOF QBs, apart from Wilson. In the biz we call that cherry picking. Another Dallas Dak fan that will follow him to his next team. When Dak is the QB of a Cowboys team that wins a divisional playoff game please reply to this thread and tag me. I’ll send you a $20 gift card for the vendor of your choice.

Your quote. right? his draft evaluation dropped him to the 4th round. Tom Brady's draft evaluation dropped him to 6th. and so on....the point since you missed the forest because of the trees was draft evaluations are worth the paper they are written on.

and I thank you sincerely for making the case for me, given all those mid-low round picks were HOFers......

you really have a tough time following any logic apprantley, including your own logic...you are kind of an interesting poster. you argued against yourself and lost....its probably the first in this board

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How can you call somebody a winner when they have won absolutely nothing? He's won nothing in the NFL or in college. People like Mahomes, Brady, and Wilson are winners.

Why exactly is Dak a "winner"? The only thing he's won at is convincing his bosses that he should be the 2nd highest paid QB ever coming off an 8-8 season followed by a 1-3 season before breaking his leg. That's impressive, and I give him credit for that, because to him that contract is more important then the teams success. If your bosses are crazy enough to give you that money when you've done nothing to earn it you'd be crazy not to take it. Dak is a winner in that regard.
I guess Warren moon is nothing, since he didn't win anything. Dan Marino is nothing since he didn't win anything. neither won anything in College. when Brady came out of college he hadn't won anything. in fact it was a struggle keeping him as a starter in michigan and he dropped to 6th round. Wilson didn't win anything in college. Mahomes didn't win anything in college.

seemingly your logic is that I can't predict anything so I go with the obvious and argue that I knew about them prior......

btw, I will ask you the same question: are all wins/losses on the QB? yes/no?

and btw, based on NFL rules, Dak was 2-3 before his injury. no matter how you try to spin it. if you have issues with it, take it up with the NFL. let me know if your need their email or address.