Lions are signing Goff to a four-year, $212 million contract extension ($170 million guaranteed)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Now we can slot Dak in accordingly:
4 year $165 million Guaranteed ($41.25 mill avg)
Cousins got $160 and Goff $170.
Dak is better than Cousins but Goff is more accomplished than Dak.
They can make the total amount above Goff's $212 Million because it's phony money since it's just fluff added on by the agent to bump up the overall avg. The Guaranteed $ is all that matters.
If Dak balks at that type of deal, then let him walk.
How is Dak better than Cousins?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The sport has grown by leaps and bounds since Aikman. Stay tuned , im about to go all Bobhaze on you all and write about this fact.
Yea, it’s not only grown… it’s evolved into higher entertainment value.

Many of the purist of the game itself have valid arguments on how the game has changed but there’s no going back now. It’s simply too profitable .

Rayman70

Reaction score
F that. Trade Dak. Im sorry, Im a Dak guy but this is absurd. Dak will want a shorter deal something like 3 years and 200 mil. Thats a big EL PASO for me.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So each team gets about $3 million for that and it has to split it with the players as regards revenue. Does not sound like much to me
it is 2 games.....Here, for your reading pleasure.

• National Revenue: We know the national revenue (shared by all teams) for the 2022 season was $11.98 billion [1]. This figure is likely to be higher for the 2023 season due to continued growth trends.
  • Salary Cap Increase: The NFL salary cap for the 2024 season (based on 2023 revenue) jumped significantly to $255.4 million, a record increase [2]. This suggests strong revenue growth in 2* (because we are currently in May 2024).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Now we can slot Dak in accordingly:
4 year $165 million Guaranteed ($41.25 mill avg)
Cousins got $160 and Goff $170.
Dak is better than Cousins but Goff is more accomplished than Dak.
They can make the total amount above Goff's $212 Million because it's phony money since it's just fluff added on by the agent to bump up the overall avg. The Guaranteed $ is all that matters.
If Dak balks at that type of deal, then let him walk.
Yeah but Goff isn't more "accomplished"....neither one is anything to write about in the playoffs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
F that. Trade Dak. Im sorry, Im a Dak guy but this is absurd. Dak will want a shorter deal something like 3 years and 200 mil. Thats a big EL PASO for me.
The only way Dak doesn't get this type of deal is if Lance somehow wins over Jerry and Stephen. Goff didn't need this deal for Dak to get a big extension, it was/is going to happen anyways.

We got 4 more years of Dak coming. It is what it is.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
‪Jerry Jones dilly-dallied and now he’s going to try to liw-ball Dak, screwing over the team. ‬
How do you know Jerry didnt offer Dak 55 million per 5 months ago? And Dak's agent politely said, Nah...... we will wait.

And that is Jerry's fault? if he signed dak to 60 million per 4 months ago, youd say how stupid he is/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
‪Jerry Jones dilly-dallied and now he’s going to try to liw-ball Dak, screwing over the team. ‬
Naw, Jethro was just waiting for these other QB’s to see what the baseline was going to be on Market Price.

He didn’t want to pull the trigger first, especially after the worst playoff loss in recent history. Jethro is playing public perception even if it cost him more.

I’d argue pending Lawrence’s deal with Jags , Prescotts deal will be under 60 per which is probably less than Prescott was looking for.

CWR

Reaction score
How do you know the COWBOYS are waiting? Just like last time, you all assume its Jerry waiting.

How do you know they didnt offer him the EXACT same deal Goff just got, and him and his agent just politely smiled and said thans but no thanks. Well wait and see.

Go read the thread I started last week. I made it clear why Dak is waiting. and Why I thought the Cowboys were also waiting.
Because they said they hadn't had negotiations and I can't think of a reason why they would lie about it. You'd have to have the FO, Dak and his representation all lying, and for what?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Because they said they hadn't had negotiations and I can't think of a reason why they would lie about it. You'd have to have the FO, Dak and his representation all lying, and for what?
uhm.... he said they are not discussing it now, as in today. He didnt say we have never discussed it. That doesnt mean they didnt make an offer, Dak said nope, we want more , and then Dallas said ok, we are done and we will now wait to see what happens. But they never once said they had never made any offer. You all think Jerry and Stephen are idiots.... they are not.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
We cannot sign Ceedee and Dak both . Not for max deals.
So far Jerry can’t seem to sign either one. Other teams have signed or are signing their #1 WRs, eventually CeeDee is going to get uneasy with Jerry’s lack of overt commitment. Facing the specter of being tagged in 2025 will CeeDee elect to hold out for a deal now?

glimmerman

Reaction score
A little over 40 a year. If you’re signing Dak then do it now for 180 guaranteed. Get it over with.