Lions are signing Goff to a four-year, $212 million contract extension ($170 million guaranteed)

Qcard

Reaction score
Goff has ended up being the best QB from the 2016 class.

5-4 in the playoffs. More wins than those bums Dak and Romo combined.

8 TDs to 2 INTS in the his playoff career.

A Super Bowl appearance and leading the Lions, yes the Lions, to the NFC Championship game.

If any team pays Dak more than what Goff is being paid then they will deserve the failure that Dak brings them.
Cognitive Dissonance 101

Dak Haters you know what's coming :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dak is on Goff’s level. He actually is the better quarterback statistically without the playoff success. Goff has had better teams with the Rams.
Between Dak and Goff, I'm probably taking Dak, but they're two peas in a pod.

Both can cleanly execute plays inside of structure, but run into problems when the show goes off-script. For Goff, that's when pass rushers get in his face. For Dak, it's when defenses disguise their coverage looks.

plasticman

Reaction score

A Super Bowl appearance and leading the Lions, yes the Lions, to the NFC Championship game.

If any team pays Dak more than what Goff is being paid then they will deserve the failure that Dak brings them.
Yeah, it's apples and oranges. A #1 overall pick that leads two different teams to an NFC championship game.

In two of the three season that Goff has been with the Lions, they had the #32 ranked defense so it's not like he was being carried by the team.

Dak is my quarterback but he'll never give the Cowboys the same skill set as Goff.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I think this contract just underscores the point that Dak although not the guy. His contract is the going rate. Whether we like that or not.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, it's apples and oranges. A #1 overall pick that leads two different teams to an NFC championship game.

In two of the three season that Goff has been with the Lions, they had the #32 ranked defense so it's not like he was being carried by the team.

Dak is my quarterback but he'll never give the Cowboys the same skill set as Goff.
What skill set?

quickccc

Reaction score

We simply do not have the front office and management team that the Lions now enjoy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Between Dak and Goff, I'm probably taking Dak, but they're two peas in a pod.

Both can cleanly execute plays inside of structure, but run into problems when the show goes off-script. For Goff, that's when pass rushers get in his face. For Dak, it's when defenses disguise their coverage looks.
:hammer: :thumbup:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So where do you recommend all of the billions go? To the owners?
No. There has to be a cap to preserve competitive balance. And the players deserve a large slice of the pie.

However, I would love to see the current cap structure reformed so that the market isn’t reset for each position every time the “next guy” gets a contract.

How that gets done and what that might look like— I will leave to financial dudes to sort out lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No kidding. Detroit could go in the wrong direction very quickly.
and Detroit may also know they barely missed out on a SB last year. Start over by drafting a qb and you could also return to a 5 win team again. There is no sure thing no matter what they did.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If the Cowboys don’t show a commitment to Prescott prior to the start of the regular season he will leave in free agency next March and be somebody else's quarterback. He’ll pretty much tell Jerry “go fish”. Dallas will be signing Carr or Fields or D. Jones. Whoever the new head coach says he’s most comfortable with.
It takes two to tango.......I am 100% confident Jerry is willing to pay Dak top 3 money right now, today but Dak thinks he can get way more with an NFCCG/Super Bowl under his belt. This is why he recently admitted he has no problem betting on himself....again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. There has to be a cap to preserve competitive balance. And the players deserve a large slice of the pie.

However, I would love to see the current cap structure reformed so that the market isn’t reset for each position every time the “next guy” gets a contract.

How that gets done and what that might look like— I will leave to financial dudes to sort out lol
The Market Price will continue to increase each season as the Salary Cap does as well. Only exception was season after Covid didn’t allow fans in stadium which the revenue plummeted.

The only way salaries go down is for revenue to decrease which doesn’t look possible.

Players share is mostly based on ticket sales , stadium concessions, stadium sponsorships and TV. It’s currently 48% and is renegotiated with CBS usually when new Network TV deals. It grew 1% last time from 47%.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It takes two to tango.......I am 100% confident Jerry is willing to pay Dak top 3 money right now, today but Dak thinks he can get way more with an NFCCG/Super Bowl under his belt. This is why he recently admitted he has no problem betting on himself....again.
Most of the local writers believe Prescott will be signed before the season begins. Jethro has simply been waiting to see where new Market Prices will fall on top QB’s new contracts.

But in the event they don’t get a deal done before season begins it’s likely he plays out his final season becoming a FA in 2025 ending his Cowboys career.

It’s rumored that he’d be disenchanted with Cowboys not more committed getting a deal done which also places him at great risk for injury which could impact his FA prospects.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Goff wakes up every day and goes to bed every night clearly being a far better QB than Dak could ever hope to be.

C'mon, he was the 1st overall pick in his draft.
Dak was a 4th round pick and may have slipped further had Jerry not thrown a dart on his name in the war room.