Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

kramskoi

Reaction score
Yep, they did. The very video they came out with says a reporting person has to make a visual AND verbal declaration. 68 is on video doing that. 70 made a physical and maintains he didn't say anything. So by those rules released by the NFL after the controversial event, the refs didn't follow them.

And facade? Crumbling? Some of you worst ref accusers are now vehemently backing the refs as being pristine and clean on that 2-point conversion play. My movement is growing, buddy. That's why y'all mad. Because your "refs are out to get us" whining was exposed as a sham and y'all have had to turn to ref defenders to try to maintain it. Oh, how rich!
Man you have a visual comprehension problem. 68 did NOT do what 70 did TWICE in the video sent to the teams. The best that Decker did was to put his hand briefly to his chest and let it fall back to his waist. Not even CLOSE to the way that Skipper was signaling...with raised hand/arm and rubbing his belly/chest. Allen followed his training, which is to acknowledge the established visual clues for reporting eligible (that Skipper made and Decker didn't). It's not what Skipper said, it's what he did. They were trying to have it both ways on a play where two men can't report.

Skipper has no reason to be signaling Allen for eligibility if Decker is the one who was to report on that play. Unless, he forgot, wasn't told or was deliberately trying to deceive the official and the Dallas defense. Again...two men can't report, as was told to Campbell when he queried the officials.

Lion fans, content creators, the media and others would have you believe that what Campbell said about meeting before the game was accurate. However, as Blandino reported, the officials would NEVER actively assist one team in deceiving another about what player is eligible on a play. That is straight bunk crazy. It would never happen and for Campbell to even insinuate that it did is dubious. They screwed up and should own it. I predict that they won't...mostly because there is no better liar on this planet (when it comes down to it) than a human male...let alone an entire group. Full...stop.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Thinking more of this if it would have happened to the Cowboys the billboard would have been bigger and probably financed by several people on this board. Of course I will also say it this would have happened to any fan base they would have felt wronged. Sucks to be you Detroit.
They can feel whatever the hell they want. The real reasons why they lost is Campbell and Goff. Allen followed protocol in the best way he could given the circumstances of a team trying to report two men on one play, which is not allowed.

HanD

Reaction score
Yep, they did. The very video they came out with says a reporting person has to make a visual AND verbal declaration. 68 is on video doing that. 70 made a physical and maintains he didn't say anything. So by those rules released by the NFL after the controversial event, the refs didn't follow them.

And facade? Crumbling? Some of you worst ref accusers are now vehemently backing the refs as being pristine and clean on that 2-point conversion play. My movement is growing, buddy. That's why y'all mad. Because your "refs are out to get us" whining was exposed as a sham and y'all have had to turn to ref defenders to try to maintain it. Oh, how rich!
It's the reporting players responsibility to make sure the ref knows he is reporting eligible. When they announced it over the loud speaker the lions should have known 68 wasn't eligible and didn't report properly for the ref to acknowledge him.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I usually hope the Lions do well because, well, they never have. But this is getting out of hand. Maybe they won't be tolerable if they win

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well ESPN and Cowturd are 100% behind them so they must be on to something.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
68 briefly moves his hand to his chest and then dropped it. That is NOT the established way to signal to the ref that you are reporting eligible. Skipper did it correctly...raised hand and rubbing his belly. Decker did nothing like that. Two guys can't report and once Allen saw Skipper making the correct visual cues to report eligibility he then informed the Dallas defense. Decker did NOT signal properly and so the referee didn't acknowledge him. Decker and Sewell were both walking toward Allen at the same time Skipper was giving the established visual cues for reporting as eligible. Allen followed his training and standard reporting protocol as best he could...which acknowledges the CORRECT way to signal eligibility.

But why is Skipper running onto the field and signaling eligibility to the ref on the 2pt play if Decker was going to report? Either he forgot, wasn't told, or deliberately attempted to deceive Allen and the Dallas defense. Either way, two guys can't report...which is what Campbell was told in the aftermath. He should already know that without being told.

The Lions blew this and have been hiding behind misplaced and misinformed media outrage since it happened.
You ignored that the NFL's video said physical AND verbal report to the ref. Again, on video 68 did both. The video the NFL released after the controversy says a hand up and down in front of the chest. 68 did that AND was talking to the ref. 70 raised his hand and went to his chest but per the NFL's own video released after all this, it mentions waving in front of the chest only. Both 68 and 70 did that. 68 is clearly talking to the ref and 70 maintains he didn't. It appears the ref ignored the guy that did both and assumed the guy who was more demonstrative physically but didn't say anything, according to him, was the one who was to report. If these circumstances are true, then Allen didn't follow the NFL's own video even after this all went down.

Is it this hard to admit we may have caught a break from the refs? They aren't out to get us, they screw up on everyone. Hell, they couldn't be trusted on the tripping penalty but were totally trustworthy here? Like I said, all of this is so rich! Lol.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Folks are saying they didn't announce it but I was there and swear I heard them announce 70
They did announce 70. The Lions wanted 68 announced. That's one of the big questions in all this. How did they not hear that and still go ahead with the play as if 68 was eligible. Unless, like the the ref, they just assumed.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Man you have a visual comprehension problem. 68 did NOT do what 70 did TWICE in the video sent to the teams. The best that Decker did was to put his hand briefly to his chest and let it fall back to his waist. Not even CLOSE to the way that Skipper was signaling...with raised hand/arm and rubbing his belly/chest. Allen followed his training, which is to acknowledge the established visual clues for reporting eligible (that Skipper made and Decker didn't). It's not what Skipper said, it's what he did. They were trying to have it both ways on a play where two men can't report.

Skipper has no reason to be signaling Allen for eligibility if Decker is the one who was to report on that play. Unless, he forgot, wasn't told or was deliberately trying to deceive the official and the Dallas defense. Again...two men can't report, as was told to Campbell when he queried the officials.

Lion fans, content creators, the media and others would have you believe that what Campbell said about meeting before the game was accurate. However, as Blandino reported, the officials would NEVER actively assist one team in deceiving another about what player is eligible on a play. That is straight bunk crazy. It would never happen and for Campbell to even insinuate that it did is dubious. They screwed up and should own it. I predict that they won't...mostly because there is no better liar on this planet (when it comes down to it) than a human male...let alone an entire group. Full...stop.
Again, you fail to mention that the NFL's own video says there needs to be a physical sign AND a verbal notification. Only one of those players clearly does both: 68. You don't have a comprehension problem, you have an avoidance problem. Magically, it's the same avoidance the "out to get us" ref blamers turned ref defenders have. What are the chances? Lol. See my previous reply to you.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The thing is...championship are made of minute details. Very rarely a blowout. With undeniable exertion of will. I mean sure you HAVE to have that to make it that far...

But you actually truly believe a ref's missed or wrong call doesn't make that happen? At SOME point in the season or playoffs or championship game?

Or several times?

You actually believe it's ONLY the will of the team?

Absolutely stunningly stupid or you are just virtue signaling. Also very stupid.
What?

Rowdy1

Reaction score
So YOU matter more than the refs.

\okay...cool.
No Sir not at all what I meant. I mean folks are stating that it was not announced who was eligible. I'm stating they did announce 70 was eligible. I never heard 68 was eligible. So in summary, Refs got it right they did a good job on that one. They completely botched the tripping call though.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Sir not at all what I meant. I mean folks are stating that it was not announced who was eligible. I'm stating they did announce 70 was eligible. I never heard 68 was eligible. So in summary, Refs got it right they did a good job on that one. They completely botched the tripping call though.
So the fact that YOU...never heard it...makes it a fact?

Who did Detroit call eligible. SHOW IT. They guy with a tucked shirt?

I don't know. What I do know is Detroit tried some tom foolery. When the refs called it back, kick the XP like a normal person would. Do you REALLY care who got it wrong there? Try to WIN the game. MAke Cowboys beat you not refs. If they are more afraid of Aubrey than refs they got exactly what they deserved.

If they botched a previous call then ****.....why even talk about it? Game over....sorry!

ghst187

Reaction score
Hard to do anything but feel bad for Detroit fans…
Either their football team is setting the record for a winless season or their basketball team is setting a new record for consecutive losses.

HanD

Reaction score
So the fact that YOU...never heard it...makes it a fact?

Who did Detroit call eligible. SHOW IT. They guy with a tucked shirt?

I don't know. What I do know is Detroit tried some tom foolery. When the refs called it back, kick the XP like a normal person would. Do you REALLY care who got it wrong there? Try to WIN the game. MAke Cowboys beat you not refs. If they are more afraid of Aubrey than refs they got exactly what they deserved.

If they botched a previous call then ****.....why even talk about it? Game over....sorry!
There is video with the announcement. They announced 70 and not 68 and that's what was told to the defense which is why 68 was uncovered.