Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how was he cheating. Trying to confuse the defense is not cheating. He was so good at it he confused the refs. That was the problem.
The player who caught the ball was ineligible. There's just no way the Lions didn't hear the ref announce #70 reported as an eligible receiver. So either Campbell knew and let the play go (cheated), or neither he nor anyone else on the team listened to the announcement, and they're all really stupid.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they don’t make that call the Lions win. They were left with only 1:41 and easily moved down the field uncontested for a TD, then easily converted a 2-point conversion that was negated. We were handed that game and aren’t likely to go far in the playoffs. We’re leaking oil and it’s pretty obvious.
They "easily" converted the 2-pointer because nobody covered the player who wasn't announced as eligible.

HanD

Reaction score
They "easily" converted the 2-pointer because nobody covered the player who wasn't announced as eligible.
Right. Why are we ignoring that the def worked on this scenario during the week and left 68 open cause he wasn't announced as eligible. Then stopped the lions two more times.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yep, they did. The very video they came out with says a reporting person has to make a visual AND verbal declaration. 68 is on video doing that. 70 made a physical and maintains he didn't say anything. So by those rules released by the NFL after the controversial event, the refs didn't follow them.

And facade? Crumbling? Some of you worst ref accusers are now vehemently backing the refs as being pristine and clean on that 2-point conversion play. My movement is growing, buddy. That's why y'all mad. Because your "refs are out to get us" whining was exposed as a sham and y'all have had to turn to ref defenders to try to maintain it. Oh, how rich!
Do you have the audio?

Jayinem

Reaction score
After the first one they should have just kicked the extra point. But their coach is like a child playing Madden.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Thinking more of this if it would have happened to the Cowboys the billboard would have been bigger and probably financed by several people on this board. Of course I will also say it this would have happened to any fan base they would have felt wronged. Sucks to be you Detroit.
You realize this did happen to Dallas this season right? Can you point me to the billboard?

Rowdy1

Reaction score
So the fact that YOU...never heard it...makes it a fact?

Who did Detroit call eligible. SHOW IT. They guy with a tucked shirt?

I don't know. What I do know is Detroit tried some tom foolery. When the refs called it back, kick the XP like a normal person would. Do you REALLY care who got it wrong there? Try to WIN the game. MAke Cowboys beat you not refs. If they are more afraid of Aubrey than refs they got exactly what they deserved.

If they botched a previous call then ****.....why even talk about it? Game over....sorry!
You and I agree 100%. 68 did not report 70 did report as it was heard over the speaker. They should have kicked the extra point and went to OT. Trickery bit them in the butt and I’m thrilled it did. Refs suck and have the last two years. The sky is blue. Cowboys will win Sunday and take the division. Go Cowboys!

Flamma

Reaction score
The player who caught the ball was ineligible. There's just no way the Lions didn't hear the ref announce #70 reported as an eligible receiver. So either Campbell knew and let the play go (cheated), or neither he nor anyone else on the team listened to the announcement, and they're all really stupid.
Actually 68 did line up eligible, but that's what makes it illegal since he didn't report. Offensive lineman have to be covered up if they don't report.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
not gonna lie, I want no part of seeing Detroit again lol I’d take the 49ers over them right now lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That excuses the conversion but not the 9 play drive with only 1:41 left that ended with an 11 yard TD to a player that was eligible.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Do you have the audio?
Nope, but it's clear 68 is talking to the ref and by his own report he states he talked to him. The on the field audio should have been recorded by NFL Films like they do for every game. Wonder if we'll ever hear it.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Do you have the audio?
There are bunch tweets on the PA in the game (we couldn't hear from the TV broadcast), but were you in the stadium it was loud and clear, #70 was announced eligible.
I think Brad Sham's Cowboys broadcast included the PA audio as well.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
There are bunch tweets on the PA in the game (we couldn't hear from the TV broadcast), but were you in the stadium it was loud and clear, #70 was announced eligible.
I think Brad Sham's Cowboys broadcast included the PA audio as well.
I was in the stadium but Marcus Rock said he had proof that 68 had declared verbally. No one else has heard that though so I’m assuming he just made it up