Lions Hoping for a 1st Round Pick For Williams, But Don't Expect to Get One

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2299252 said:
of course you don't because you wouldn't know a football if one hit you in the gums

TO cornered Romo in a room and ridiculed him, are you not paying attention?
Could you direct me to a story about this?

First I've heard of it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2299504 said:
TO cornered Romo in a room and ridiculed him, are you not paying attention?

Double Trouble;2299504 said:
Could you direct me to a story about this?

First I've heard of it.

Actually... Ed Werder reported the story... used words like "inside sources" and "a person close to the team".

It had no legs whatsoever in his delivery. It could very well have been fabricated.

Spectre

Reaction score
Who cares what T.O. thinks?
You don't make personnel decisions based on what a crybaby WR wants. That's the worst response to a diva you can have.

I heard JJ talk all offseason about getting a "wow" factor. Well...?
Pacman ain't it. So where is this wow guy?

It's time to do it. This team is on the cusp of dominance. It needs a receiver and it needs a future at the position. T.O.'s effective days are numbered whether you do it or not.

I'm sick and tired of getting Bobby Carpenters and Anthony Spencers in the 1st round anyway. Use that pick to get an established young offensive player with tons of potential. Roy WANTS to win and has something to prove; even more than a rookie would.

This is just dumb because JJ is too gunshy on trading firsts because of his dumb Galloway deal. But we weren't the contender we are now so it's not the same.

Do it already.

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2299493 said:
Do me a favor. Call me a child one more time before you try to impress me with what a man you are after you predicted losses to Cleveland, Philly, and Green Bay but never "manned up" when you were wrong.

Go on, call me a child again.

I never once predicted a loss - I predicted "tough" games and I didn't predict a Washington win - I predicted a "dogfight" and I was mocked, and labeled a Giants fan , Washington Fan blah blah by many here.

Quite sickening.

But pay no mind to me - you hate my posts etc.

And let me just say while we're on this topic: The Bengals took the SB Champ Giants to the hilt in Giants stadium and Should have won the game.
I hope the heck we don't take this game as a given ; Pat Crayton.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2299516 said:
Actually... Ed Werder reported the story... used words like "inside sources" and "a person close to the team".

It had no legs whatsoever in his delivery. It could very well have been fabricated.

I never understood those stories an unidentified source and w.e. else they say.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Spectre;2299518 said:
Who cares what T.O. thinks?
You don't make personnel decisions based on what a crybaby WR wants. That's the worst response to a diva you can have.

I heard JJ talk all offseason about getting a "wow" factor. Well...?
Pacman ain't it. So where is this wow guy?

It's time to do it. This team is on the cusp of dominance. It needs a receiver and it needs a future at the position. T.O.'s effective days are numbered whether you do it or not.

I'm sick and tired of getting Bobby Carpenters and Anthony Spencers in the 1st round anyway. Trade for an established young player with tons of potential.

This is just dumb because JJ is too gunshy on trading firsts because of his dumb Galloway deal. But we weren't the contender we are now so it's not the same.

Do it already.

We added felix but we fail on getting him the ball.

Aven8

Reaction score
Is this the JohnnyMac thread or the Getting Roy thread?????

I forgot.

Getting Roy will only make Owens better.....can you say crossing routes???

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Spectre;2299518 said:
This team is on the cusp of dominance.

It needs a receiver and it needs a future at the position.

T.O.'s effective days are numbered whether you do it or not.

True.

True and True.

False. You have zero evidence to prove that. What? His age? :rolleyes::cool:
Averaging 14 TD's as a Cowboys. Over a 1,000 yards.

STILL outrunning people.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
YoMick;2299516 said:

If he really did, I would like to think that somebody on the team had the cajones to put TO in his place.

I doubt it went down like that. TO's a perpetual whiner, but so are most WRs. I've even seen Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison upset with Manning. It's just the nature of the WR beast I guess.

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2299529 said:
True.

True and True.

STILL outrunning people.

he doesn't "outrun" the jam at the LOS.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
YoMick;2299529 said:
True.

True and True.

STILL outrunning people.
Reality is he'll soon be 35. Effective WRs past the age of 35 is a pretty short list.

If they can get Williams for a late 1st rounder, they have to seriously consider it, although if it were me, I'd offer a 2nd and another pick initially.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We are going to have a chance to LOSE or WIN every game the rest of this year.

Just figured I'd take the 50/50 shot out of my predictions and give myself a nice, wonderful, 100% chance of getting right. I expect a pat on the back after every single one of the games this year that this predictions turns out right in.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2299520 said:
I never once predicted a loss - I predicted "tough" games and I didn't predict a Washington win - I predicted a "dogfight" and I was mocked, and labeled a Giants fan , Washington Fan blah blah by many here.

Quite sickening.

But pay no mind to me - you hate my posts etc.

And let me just say while we're on this topic: The Bengals took the SB Champ Giants to the hilt in Giants stadium and Should have won the game.
I hope the heck we don't take this game as a given ; Pat Crayton.
Now why did the blah blah blah part stand out more than the whole rest of that whining diatribe? I wonder.