Adult Language Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown and Cowboys CB Jourdan Lewis trading barbs; Cowboys host Lions Week 6

MarcusRock

Reaction score
well maybe i am reaching but there are very few times you see any ref answer direct questions after games and that example is many years ago, so kinda adds up to me. There are many examples of questioned calls during games recently and I dont remeber the refs comming out in a post game a giving answers.
No it doesn't add up unless you can show where refs don't give direct answers through the years. People here didn't even know that refs give post-game answers to questions so you'd need to cite examples where they pulled punches in an interview after a controversy because they give pressers after every game I believe. Plenty to choose from.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
well maybe i am reaching but there are very few times you see any ref answer direct questions after games and that example is many years ago, so kinda adds up to me. There are many examples of questioned calls during games recently and I dont remeber the refs comming out in a post game a giving answers.
Here's one I pulled for you. The KC-Green Bay game last year where everyone in the world knew that there was PI at the end of the game against Green Bay that should have given KC the ball deep in GB territory. Here, the very same official was the crew chief and answers direct questions with, "Nah, that other official there didn't see nuthin', " lol. But even though he deflected to the official whose call it was in each case, he didn't avoid the questions that were thrown at him.

Now compare that to what he answered when he was asked what Decker said to him and totally avoids the question entirely. Do you see the difference?

Chasing6

Reaction score
No it doesn't add up unless you can show where refs don't give direct answers through the years. People here didn't even know that refs give post-game answers to questions so you'd need to cite examples where they pulled punches in an interview after a controversy because they give pressers after every game I believe. Plenty to choose from.
I would like to see some examples. I have seen examples of both teams talking to the press after a game. Never seen the Ref's talking to the press after a game.

In any sport.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The rules from the NFL state that you need to do a physical and verbal sign to report. 70 says he did not say anything. 68 clearly says something and did a physical sign as well. Therefore, 68 met the rule. The refs did not follow their own rule. They also covered what they wanted to do with the ref crew before the game and then it turned out different once the game happened. Why can't you get that?
70 did it last ....... and they announced him as eligible ............... try again.

The refs are not gonna help the Lions trick the Cowboys ......... no matter how bad you want them to.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The rules from the NFL state that you need to do a physical and verbal sign to report. 70 says he did not say anything. 68 clearly says something and did a physical sign as well. Therefore, 68 met the rule. The refs did not follow their own rule. They also covered what they wanted to do with the ref crew before the game and then it turned out different once the game happened. Why can't you get that?
How about 70 is full of shiat. We all seen it on video. The Official confirmed it by pointing at him. You can not report multiple Tackles as eligible. Apparently Dumb Dan was not aware of that. If two reported and the Official decided to go with the second than that is just too bad for Dumb Dan.

Last edited:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I agree with at least one thing you said..." Hopefully"

We lost multiple bonafide veteran starters and replaced them mostly with untested or average quality players.

Dont take my word for as almost every major NFL analyst is saying the same exact thing.

If we had replaced most of them with quality free agents it would be a different story.....Zeke Elliot? Really?

Regression tour 2024 in full effect.
That's true of every NFL team every year though. You lose people, you replace them. The salary cap prevents you from replacing every position with "quality" free agents. You have to draft well and you have to hope those draftees play well. Some do, some don't. I just don't see us as any worse off this year, overall, than the year before.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's true of every NFL team every year though. You lose people, you replace them. The salary cap prevents you from replacing every position with "quality" free agents. You have to draft well and you have to hope those draftees play well. Some do, some don't. I just don't see us as any worse off this year, overall, than the year before.
You have to draft well, but when you draft too well and they want to be the highest paid player at their position, that is when you trade them. Save the money and reload with more draft picks.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I would like to see some examples. I have seen examples of both teams talking to the press after a game. Never seen the Ref's talking to the press after a game.

In any sport.
You literally posted underneath 2 of them from last season.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
70 did it last ....... and they announced him as eligible ............... try again.

The refs are not gonna help the Lions trick the Cowboys ......... no matter how bad you want them to.
Not according to the NFL's own rules, he didn't. You can't get around that which is why you and the others don't address it, if you even know what the rules are.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
How about 70 is full of shiat. We all seen it on video. The Official confirmed it by pointing at him. You can not report multiple Tackles as eligible. Apparently Dumb Dan was not aware of that. If two reported and the Official decided to go with the second than that is just too bad for Dumb Dan.
You continue trying to have a discussion with me while also avoiding all the inconvenient pertinent points surrounding the incident. You guys can't just morph into ref defenders and put your hopes into what this was all about. It was governed by rules the NFL had in place and then also clarified after the fact. They weren't followed by this ref. Again, he and his crew were subsequently disinvited to the playoff rotation, surely because they worked so, so hard during the season and needed a break, lol.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't even know the rule at hand. Please stick to simply raging at the Dak-taculars around here. You can use that one for free. Lol.
Bull ..... I know the rule ....... and I know you have a lot of wishful thinking.

Sorry your Lions lost because they are stupid ........ just like anyone else who thinks the refs are supposed to help the Lions trick the Cowboys.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Bull ..... I know the rule ....... and I know you have a lot of wishful thinking.

Sorry your Lions lost because they are stupid ........ just like anyone else who thinks the refs are supposed to help the Lions trick the Cowboys.
Yes, that's why you've quoted it many times here. Get back to work in a local Dak thread, rager. Lol.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You continue trying to have a discussion with me while also avoiding all the inconvenient pertinent points surrounding the incident. You guys can't just morph into ref defenders and put your hopes into what this was all about. It was governed by rules the NFL had in place and then also clarified after the fact. They weren't followed by this ref. Again, he and his crew were subsequently disinvited to the playoff rotation, surely because they worked so, so hard during the season and needed a break, lol.
You can't morph into changing the official decision.

Maybe they were down graded due to the BS tripping penalty. Did you ever think of that???

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You can't morph into changing the official decision.

Maybe they were down graded due to the BS tripping penalty. Did you ever think of that???
It's not me trying to change anything. I'm simply pointing out that they didn't follow their own rules and it helped us. It's you all that now want to morph into ref defenders and back one of their errors because it benefit us but also while ignoring the rule at hand. You personally have avoided the rule and now 5 times avoided the fact that the ref avoided questioning after the game. That's what you call trying to change reality. Ask your rage buddy. He knows.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last time our D talked smack to a Lions receiver he went for 300yards against us.... good times.
Since that game:
Cowboys: Seven wins
Lions: Zero

Here's to 8 in a row. I don’t root for the opposition. (Not that you do).