Looking back: Was it a mistake not to go back to Romo

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But that has nothing to do with letting Romo finish out the season and giving him the opportunity to get them to the SB. I thought we were talking about that particular season?
well it did in the jones boys eyes, like I said they are always looking at the money angles.
As far as that one season in 16 it didnt matter money wise, but they felt they had to decide then who they wanted for the next season
and going forward.
They felt it was better to go ahead and anoint dak as the new official starting qb before they even got to the playoffs.
They did that because they were looking at the future money angle, and they hoped it would make dak more comfy for the playoffs.

But imo it was too soon and unnecessary to do it at that point. Doing that it shut down any option of playing romo again.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Im not the one that puts a hash tag on the end of every post. You take the time, every post, to type out #DontpayDak. Would you even be here anymore if it weren't for Dak?

Funny thing is, I didn't even mention Prescott. Post had nothing to do with him. But it sent you into a rage none the less. Have a beer or something, and try not triggered so easily. Its unhealthy

You are trying hard to trigger me when you are the one all sensitive. You quoted me.

Trying to diss Romo, to subliminally say Dak was the right call to stick with.

You quoted me, now writing a long reply all sensitive. Stop sitting when you pee, man up and admit you are truly hurt.

#DontpayDak

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
well it did in the jones boys eyes, like I said they are always looking at the money angles.
As far as that one season in 16 it didnt matter money wise, but they felt they had to decide then who they wanted for the next season
and going forward.
They felt it was better to go ahead and anoint dak as the new official starting qb before they even got to the playoffs.
They did that because they were looking at the future money angle, and they hoped it would make dak more comfy for the playoffs.

But imo it was too soon and unnecessary to do it at that point. Doing that it shut down any option of playing romo again.
Jerry's never been afraid to pay a player he wanted. Besides, they have to spend the money on someone, regardless. I have no doubt that Jerry wants to win the SB more than anything. After all, winning the SB means more money in his pocket.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
MarcusRock said:
Jimmy's point is my point as well. People are thinking of 2014 Romo when they say he'd have been better than Dak. And with Zeke in the backfield I'd agree. Thing was you didn't know what you were going to get with Romo coming back in 2016. If he came back during the season and struggled, what do you do then during a playoff push? It would have been more embarrassing to bring him back and then potentially yank him for the playoffs (or during the playoffs). I wouldn't have cared about feelings though. That's CowboysZone's job, lol.

Well it is supposed to be about winning, and doing whatever is best for the team to win at the time.
I personally dont care about making a player feel good,
if they had gone back to tony, and he played poorly or got hurt,
you go back to dak.
If it were me i would have kept tony for another season, and played dak and tony, depending on the team we were playing that week as to which
one I go with.
Having 2 good qb's is an advantage, because the defense for that week would have to prepare for both, they wouldnt know which one would start
and both were different type qb.
Also with 16 game soon to be 17 game seasons it is hard for 1 qb to not get beat up or hurt during that long of a season.

Romo would match up better against some teams, and dak would against others, and dak was so cheap on the rookie contract
it would have actually been the same as if romo had never got injured with him as bkup.

I think it is silly and outdated to say one guy is your starter, no matter what.

CoachD

Reaction score
Looking back: Was it a mistake not to go back to Romo.......Hell NO!!!! He had his chance and totally blew it I'll take Dak any day over that choker Romo!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
A mistake going back to a career stat padder who was not a real leader and could never win a big game to save his life and could not take a single hit? Lmao. The depths of stupidity of this franchise is hilarious. We glorify someone not even as good as Philip Rivers as being some savior.

Dak's first ever playoff game against GB was better than any playoff game Romo had by far. Could Romo have did better than that? Nope. Could Romo have did better than a #1 seed? Of course not. Y'all weirdos talk like Dak had a meltdown in a playoff game when it was the defense who gave up 34pts and let GB score 3 straight TDs to open the game,

Good lord. Just stop.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry's never been afraid to pay a player he wanted. Besides, they have to spend the money on someone, regardless. I have no doubt that Jerry wants to win the SB more than anything. After all, winning the SB means more money in his pocket.
would jerry give up his 4 billion in the bank for a SB win?? :omg:
I dont think so lol sure he pays his players , but that is peanuts to him and it all comes from tv contract money which has to be paid out to
the players anyway.
Jerry cares more about his pile of money than anything else.
That is # 1
# 2 is being in control and being GM owner and president of cowboys
# 3 is football and TRYING to win a SB

If # 2 wasnt true, then he would already have let his son stephen be GM. But he doesnt want to give that up even to his own son lol,
that says a lot about him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Looking back: Was it a mistake not to go back to Romo.......Hell NO!!!! He had his chance and totally blew it I'll take Dak any day over that choker Romo!
Dak has already choked twice in div round games, he didnt do any better than tony, so you just prefer one choker to another choker??:huh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A mistake going back to a career stat padder who was not a real leader and could never win a big game to save his life and could not take a single hit? Lmao. The depths of stupidity of this franchise is hilarious. We glorify someone not even as good as Philip Rivers as being some savior.

Dak's first ever playoff game against GB was better than any playoff game Romo had by far. Could Romo have did better than that? Nope. Could Romo have did better than a #1 seed? Of course not. Y'all weirdos talk like Dak had a meltdown in a playoff game when it was the defense who gave up 34pts and let GB score 3 straight TDs to open the game,

Good lord. Just stop.
again dak has lost all the big games he was in just like tony lol so what is the difference?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok but the 2nd injury in 15, was jones boys fault for letting tony come back too soon. There is no way a collarbone heals in 5 weeks lol
that is just fantasy thinking.
That season was done, they should have let tony heal up proper and get high draft picks.

The next injury was a freak injury, I have never seen a qb get hit in that manner in 50 years of watching the game.
tony could have come back in week ten and it would not have hurt anything to let him play and see what happens as they could always go back
to dak
I wasn't aware the Jones were the doctors that decided when a player was healthiest enough to play. Come on - the doctors cleared Romo to play, the team went along with that, and the comment about him coming back too early is a hindsight response to Romo getting hurt again .If we are going to do that, we might as well blame the injury in the 2016 preseason on the same thing.

So, we are just going to pass off 3 injuries in 5 games all as things that had nothing to do with Romo's body - it was all someone else's fault or just a freak thing. Well, that's easy for a guy sitting at a computer to say, but it's different for a team that has to make a major long term investment in a QB that is having repeated issues, and who the team hasn't gone very far with anyway over many years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
if I am going to be honest I dont think dak or tony ever choked, it was just the bad coaches and JG that caused all the div round losses.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are trying hard to trigger me when you are the one all sensitive. You quoted me.

Trying to diss Romo, to subliminally say Dak was the right call to stick with.

You quoted me, now writing a long reply all sensitive. Stop sitting when you pee, man up and admit you are truly hurt.

#DontpayDak
You ever thought maybe you shouldnt be so easy to trigger? Im enjoying this. Are you?

CoachD

Reaction score
well u first how did tony choke>??

Son I watched EVERY game Tony Chokamo played in that's right EVERY DAMN ONE and he choked so many times it's embarrassing to even mention the guy as one of the Cowboys all time quarterbacks. The guy threw so many picks in big time situations and it's a damn good thing he was Jerry's son otherwise he would have been gone!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wasn't aware the Jones were the doctors that decided when a player was healthiest enough to play. Come on - the doctors cleared Romo to play, the team went along with that, and the comment about him coming back too early is a hindsight response to Romo getting hurt again .If we are going to do that, we might as well blame the injury in the 2016 preseason on the same thing.

So, we are just going to pass off 3 injuries in 5 games all as things that had nothing to do with Romo's body - it was all someone else's fault or just a freak thing. Well, that's easy for a guy sitting at a computer to say, but it's different for a team that has to make a major long term investment in a QB that is having repeated issues, and who the team hasn't gone very far with anyway over many years.
well I will cite one instance that should clarify things.
you remember when tony hurt his lower back in the wash game and jerry came down to the sidelines and told JG tony was A -OK to play??
That was doctor Jerry saying it was ok for tony to play and he did play.

Same thing with the collarbone, if jerry wants him to play and tony wants to play too, he is going to play ready or not.
Tony was not healed when he came back in 15 , hence it rebroke the collarbone. That particular bone takes more time to heal properly
and it can get a lot of pressure on it easily, so if not healed good, it is gonna break again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
would jerry give up his 4 billion in the bank for a SB win?? :omg:
I dont think so lol sure he pays his players , but that is peanuts to him and it all comes from tv contract money which has to be paid out to
the players anyway.
Jerry cares more about his pile of money than anything else.
That is # 1
# 2 is being in control and being GM owner and president of cowboys
# 3 is football and TRYING to win a SB

If # 2 wasnt true, then he would already have let his son stephen be GM. But he doesnt want to give that up even to his own son lol,
that says a lot about him.
He doesn't have to give up, or even risk 4 billion dollars. He wants the SB win. The reason he wants to be in control is mostly because he thinks he knows how to do it. He's used to making decisions that make him wealthy, and he finds it difficult to trust someone else to do the job. Just because he's mistaken doesn't mean he doesn't care.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Son I watched EVERY game Tony Chokamo played in that's right EVERY DAMN ONE and he choked so many times it's embarrassing to even mention the guy as one of the Cowboys all time quarterbacks. The guy threw so many picks in big time situations and it's a damn good thing he was Jerry's son otherwise he would have been gone!
I watched every game too, tony and dak, and usually watch each game 2-3 times.
I have seen qb's choke, but it is rare, and I dont think tony ever choked, he just made mistakes and with the predictable garrett offense it
is amazing he ever had winning seasons.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well I will cite one instance that should clarify things.
you remember when tony hurt his lower back in the wash game and jerry came down to the sidelines and told JG tony was A -OK to play??
That was doctor Jerry saying it was ok for tony to play and he did play.

Same thing with the collarbone, if jerry wants him to play and tony wants to play too, he is going to play ready or not.
Tony was not healed when he came back in 15 , hence it rebroke the collarbone. That particular bone takes more time to heal properly
and it can get a lot of pressure on it easily, so if not healed good, it is gonna break again.
First, Tony didn't get hurt in 2015 or 2016 playing Washington, so you are stretching for something that doesn't apply to the circumstances we are talking about.

And second, where is the confirmation Jerry decided to force a player onto the field that the doctors did not clear to play? There would be a massive liability issue with that, and Jerry could literally be forced out as owner of the Cowboys if he were doing that. As such, you are going to have to cite more than a rumor to make that fit.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I watched every game too, tony and dak, and usually watch each game 2-3 times.
I have seen qb's choke, but it is rare, and I dont think tony ever choked, he just made mistakes and with the predictable garrett offense it
is amazing he ever had winning seasons.
Lol