Looking like Dan Quinn will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Reaction score
Big Martin fan, but I would take Larry Allen everyday of the week over Martin
Pretty sure Martin is the better player today.

Suit Martin up and Larry Allen up and Larry won't make it through practice.

Just a thought

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I still view the Green Bay game as his fault since he saw how the Packers were torching the defense in a certain look he kept on giving them on defense and he refused to adjust or try to change up. In an attempt to at least see if different schemes and getting pressure on Love could help slow the Packers offense down.

Hope he doesn't come back.
I agree totally with you. It was HIS DEFENSE that allowed scores on what the first 6 drives or something like that.
As far as him as a Head Coach, I still can't forget his Falcons being up on Bradys Pats 28 - 3 at half in the Super Bowl and losing 34 - 28. Never saw a team fall apart like that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is not getting through a season without missing four games minimum. Not many teams are going to overpay him and he might just decide to return to Dallas at this point.

LVE has a year left on his deal but something tells me he's retiring. Too many neck related issues. I have high hopes for Overshown but this team needs more LB's.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I'm not pissed at you. Didn't mean to come across that way.
Text is a poor format for communication. If we were face to face, you would have seen that I'm just talking with you.

I made no reference to the quality of his play.
But this is business. Sure, past performance may be an indicator of future performance, and it may give one leverage in contract negotiations. But past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance. Check out the pro forma of any ETF.
These are mutually voluntary contractual arrangements. Nobody has the right to anything.
No Probs My Man, and I understand. It's just that out of all the players on the team , Zack Martin is the last one I'd say Hasn't Earned His elevated status.

Oh that we had more players with his grit

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

Simply stunning that they are going to run it back with the same guys after another failure this season culminating with an embarrassing home playoff loss.

It's why it becomes harder and harder to invest time and energy into this franchise year after year.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
No Probs My Man, and I understand. It's just that out of all the players on the team , Zack Martin is the last one I'd say Hasn't Earned His elevated status.

Oh that we had more players with his grit
He's solid.
I think he may have been playing a little gimpy for a lot of the season. A good rest should fix that.

LysleE

Reaction score
Don’t know why having Quinn back is a good thing. Statistically the defense is highly rated, but I think bloated due to them playing against inferior competition; but when matched-up against playoff caliber teams or the 7th-seeded GB Packers, the defense comes up short. Inability to stop the run has been an issue since DQ since he has been in Dallas.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Don’t know why having Quinn back is a good thing. Statistically the defense is highly rated, but I think bloated due to them playing against inferior competition; but when matched-up against playoff caliber teams or the 7th-seeded GB Packers, the defense comes up short. Inability to stop the run has been an issue since DQ since he has been in Dallas.
Not sure it is as much a good thing as it just makes sense.
How many DC want to take a job knowing MM and Dak may be on 1 year p win it all or get out deals?

It may be those 3 versus the world next year and I am all for that as opposed to tearing it down this year.

Yea its nuts, but so is punting on the top line talent Dallas to tank and rebuild. And that may be where we are in 12 months.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'd love Dan Quinn back. What happened against GB and the run this year was not his fault. We lost LVE, Diggs, Hankins for a while, Gilmore was hurt vs GB which forced us into a zone and Mazi did not take the next step.
It was his fault for not getting better LB depth and instead adding safeties.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Oh crap, we gots a lame duck HC and a DC who don't want to be here and probably had said his goodbyes to the guys who let him down and kept him from a HC job. Just peachy.......

Mannix

Reaction score
Looks like we know who will be the HC in 2025....this team refuses to ever do the right thing.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I still view the Green Bay game as his fault since he saw how the Packers were torching the defense in a certain look he kept on giving them on defense and he refused to adjust or try to change up. In an attempt to at least see if different schemes and getting pressure on Love could help slow the Packers offense down.

Hope he doesn't come back.
Really?

You want Nolan back?

We finally get a top DC and everyone wants to run him out.

We lost a game.

tromofan

Reaction score
I had a feeling that might be the case when Micah put out the tweet separating himself from his brothers’ comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.