Looking like Dan Quinn will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
I'd love Dan Quinn back. What happened against GB and the run this year was not his fault. We lost LVE, Diggs, Hankins for a while, Gilmore was hurt vs GB which forced us into a zone and Mazi did not take the next step.
Give Quinn some real linebackers, and the problem will be virtually solved.

erod

Reaction score
Exactly all throughout the playoffs we witnessed at least one team in one game have a defense absolutely step up and we know championships help you get to championship game with championship defense literally starts there stop the run and then be able to run on offense we were not being able to do that and then everyone blames Prescott but I'm sorry I watch teams have quarterbacks make big mistakes in this fight off and all other playoffs including the Super bowls and including Troy Aikman and it gets covered up because the defense makes enough stands that they give the office a chance to make up for their mistake...

Our defense gave up seven points to start the game and then every single drive after I don't care what the offense did the defense gave up a touchdown almost on every drive... You're not winning games in the NFL especially in the playoffs like that and people around here keep blaming the quarterback or Mike McCarthy I blame Dan Quinn...

Look man if this dude stays on this team I hope there's some kind of meeting where they need to tell him he needs to find more schemes and more talent to run different formations to stop the run and against physical teams to be able to stop them on downs not create turnovers I love creating turnovers and getting big sacks but you need to be able to just play straight up ball and four say 3 and out or force A9 and out as long as it doesn't lead to points and this is a fully breakable defense...​
This is so simple.

There's not a DC in the NFL who could scheme without linebackers. Get some real linebackers in here, and the issue is solved. Marquese Bell is a safety. Damone Clark can't do the entire job himself. I still have no idea why they let Roquan Smith go to Baltimore without so much as a discussion.

But with Dak, it didn't matter anyway. The offense is where the real issue lies. That's not so easily fixed.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Exactly all throughout the playoffs we witnessed at least one team in one game have a defense absolutely step up and we know championships help you get to championship game with championship defense literally starts there stop the run and then be able to run on offense we were not being able to do that and then everyone blames Prescott but I'm sorry I watch teams have quarterbacks make big mistakes in this fight off and all other playoffs including the Super bowls and including Troy Aikman and it gets covered up because the defense makes enough stands that they give the office a chance to make up for their mistake...

Our defense gave up seven points to start the game and then every single drive after I don't care what the offense did the defense gave up a touchdown almost on every drive... You're not winning games in the NFL especially in the playoffs like that and people around here keep blaming the quarterback or Mike McCarthy I blame Dan Quinn...

Look man if this dude stays on this team I hope there's some kind of meeting where they need to tell him he needs to find more schemes and more talent to run different formations to stop the run and against physical teams to be able to stop them on downs not create turnovers I love creating turnovers and getting big sacks but you need to be able to just play straight up ball and four say 3 and out or force A9 and out as long as it doesn't lead to points and this is a fully breakable defense...​
Agreed. I don't get his love of playing Safetys as LBs. He had Bobby Wagner when he was DC in SEA, surely he didn't forget what a huge advantage to have when you have a real good LB. - in all these years he couldn't Jones to pony up and bring in one big name LB.
They got us all to fall in love with SACKS and INTs, but they don't really happen all that often. You get to still play good D when you aren't getting those.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't get his love of playing Safetys as LBs. He had Bobby Wagner when he was DC in SEA, surely he didn't forget what a huge advantage to have when you have a real good LB. - in all these years he couldn't Jones to pony up and bring in one big name LB.
They got us all to fall in love with SACKS and INTs, but they don't really happen all that often. You get to still play good D when you aren't getting those.
Well Dan queen comes back maybe a year like this both of them realize that that's our number one need along with a banger at running back and possibly whatever else is needed to become more physical probably need 2 linebackers depending on who's coming back but a true middle linebacker whether he's like Bobby Wagner or green law or Fred Warner we need to do like that I mean even at the time I thought it was crazy for the Ravens to put all that stock in roquan Smith but somehow that's the type of dude we need...

Although that's not the magic blueprint or the magic blue pill to automatically win a championship because those dudes I don't think have played in a championship in a very long time or won a ring I mean if in 1994 for the 49ers but yes it would be a key piece we are missing big middle linebacker and possibly another linebacker whether that be rearranging Micah Parsons role or getting another dude that can hunt down running backs or tackle anything comes in motion and in that area,,,

blueblood70

Reaction score
minus all the safeties that are not very good at pass either.
I think we all agree here it might McCarthy stayed I think it changed to be made on defense the big one and that would be getting rid of the defensive coordinator either that or him not having the full power on what scheme to run and what players to pick somebody needs to get in his ear and make Dan Quinn do things differently starting with the draft free agency and creating a scheme that isn't just nickel and dime 80% of the year..

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks are rumored to be waiting for Ravens Defensive Coordinator Mike MacDonald, and it looks like Washington want the Lions Offensive Coordinator Ben Johnson. That means the Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is likely to return to Dallas for the 2024 season. Both he and Mike McCarthy will be on short contracts. 2024 could be a do or die year for the Cowboys coaches. They really need to get it right.

There are some players getting near the end also: Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Leighton Vander Esch will be in the final year of their deals. Cooks is signed for one more season, also. But Lewis, Gilmore, Hankins, Pollard, Kearse, Gallimore and Tyron Smith will all be free agents.

Could the Cowboys bring back CB Anthony Brown to play the slot, since he's had a full year to heal from his injury?
Let the FAs go, we didn't win anything with them, their replacements will improve our team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
well First off they didn't play the chiefs.. lol it was the 9ers

what should be noted from the chiefs game is though 2 low scoring defenses , first and foremost I mean that's what's we were missing.... The chief went scoreless in the second-half and still won that game 17 to 10... That's how you play defense our defense have made no adjustments it doesn't seem like ever not against a good team they get walked from the first drive to the end... Mean when's the last time Dan Quinn's defense did this for us I mean look at the Baltimore Ravens defense all year made sure their quarterback didn't have to feel like he was under pressure to make big plays every snap also I mean look at the playoffs they got into the championship game because they only gave up three points the week before....

But yes the lions blew a 21 point lead but it was against the 49ers at home... You could see it coming but this was coaching decisions bad ones I mean that's why we could sit here and question Mike McCarthy but I can look at all around the league coaches making these kind of decisions in the line of fire not after you know where it could be picked apart under a microscope and use hindsight...
Yeah lions decision to stop attacking and give niners ground in the second half was a bad one. And there defense had the players to make tackles but leaving them one on one and dropping defenders back for deep passes was dumb. They started eating them up and lions should have went back on the attack. Giving purdy to much time. And space to run.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think we all agree here it might McCarthy stayed I think it changed to be made on defense the big one and that would be getting rid of the defensive coordinator either that or him not having the full power on what scheme to run and what players to pick somebody needs to get in his ear and make Dan Quinn do things differently starting with the draft free agency and creating a scheme that isn't just nickel and dime 80% of the year..
I hear some saying it’s because he had to due to injuries. But going zone just because Gilmore couldn’t play one on one was bs. Next man up or at least try it. And bring a blitz here and there.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
It's not a quick fix sadly. . A lot more than "almost there" and just "a few pieces".

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
We have so many needs we need to move the people that still have enough trade value to garner a couple of solid guys each.
Unfortunately our management has strapped the team with money issues that make it difficult. That's dumb management.

A whole team of solid guys is much better than a few studs in a sea of mediocrity
Once you build the solid based team, you can attract new studs to a team playing at a higher baseline.
It will take some time.
If we don't, we will be waiting much longer.

Pay me now or pay me later, like Aamco

Aven8

Reaction score
Dan is at Shrine practices in Cowboys gear, interesting enough Seattle did not send anyone to Shrine.

Take that however ya want. But I don't think a decision will be made until at least Wednesday for Seattle
I heard he was on a plane to Washington today for is in person tomorrow

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If DQ stays, doesn't Jerald feel used? I mean, after flirting with several teams.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope he's back and any other worthless poc they can find, to help pay the leader more money.
I hope we have to cut the whole offensive line and get scrubs to help the salary cap. I hope we lose everybody on defense to help with the extension.
win, win.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Man, if Quinn comes back after that abortion of a game, I just dont know.

How many interviews has this dude had? Maybe the dude just gets nervous and bombs every interview or maybe the rose is off the bloom after his defense looked like Div 3 Western Omaha vs Michigan.

We actually are going to just "run it back" with the exact same coaches and exact same players..............wow, no words.:banghead:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Give Quinn some real linebackers, and the problem will be virtually solved.
So that’s gonna solve playing 13 yards off the WR and allowing them to run free for wide open TD’s? Doubtful his old Coaches know how to beat him. His defensive scheme is stale and undisciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.