Looking like Dan Quinn will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree totally with you. It was HIS DEFENSE that allowed scores on what the first 6 drives or something like that.
As far as him as a Head Coach, I still can't forget his Falcons being up on Bradys Pats 28 - 3 at half in the Super Bowl and losing 34 - 28. Never saw a team fall apart like that.
Detroit.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Jones boys seem to keep players around past their expiration date.
....When you can get nothing in return and just have to eat the money.

So not only do we not get a couple of good players in exchange for one while he's still got some value left, we also have less money to acquire new ones when we end up stuck with the expired one. A double whammy

Reactions: ICP

blueblood70

Reaction score
Says a lot that no one wants him. Lots of tea,s need coaches this year.
I get what you're saying I was hoping that he leaves but maybe the caveat is Jerry goes to him with Mike McCarthy have a long talk about what type of defense they should run and not just be utilizing Dan Quinn's old schemes or what he considers nickel and dime packages and small players we literally need to come to Jesus moment in a conversation with him and ask him to change his defense the way he calls it the way he designs it not completely but in my opinion he was the biggest problem this year and almost all the big games just defense gave up 32 points per game in the big games against the better teams everyone blames the quarterback and the head coach I'm looking at Dan Quinn as the biggest problem here and not saying his ego so big he won't change but that would be stipulation for him staying on this team... If I'm Jerry and Mike that's what I'm going to this dude with and saying hey look man we appreciate what you've done for us but you can't keep rolling out the same schemes and expect to win against the most physical teams that know if they just run downhill on us we're gonna fold up tent they literally gave up way too many big plays and not just in the Green Bay game look at all year long we barely survived the Seattle game because his defense can't make stops we lost the Miami game because his defense can't make stops we nearly lost the Detroit game for the same reason they walked right down the field... Someone needs to go look at these games again because blaming the quarterback and the head coach or lack of players you need to just start looking over there on the defensive side the ball for our biggest issues once again we lost the playoff game because the defense just didn't show up to play at all i watched playoff teams only give up three points or 10 points or kansas city being held to 17 points in a loss.. Im sure the ravens defense is questioning that Offensive game plan, id take that in heartbeat... i mean i can't remember but didn't they shut up kansas city in the second half??

glimmerman

Reaction score
2022 - week 10.
Game was tied 14-14 at the half.
Cowboys scored two TDs in the 3rd qtr, which doubled the lead to 28 -14.
Packers scored two 4th qtr TDs to tie the game at 28.
Green Bay then kicked a FG in OT to win 31-28.
Was it a different team we blew a huge lead to. Maybe the jags game last year

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Was it a different team we blew a huge lead to. Maybe the jags game last year
that would be both that would be a 17 point fourth quarter lead the defense allowed us to lose and it might have been in overtime as well that's the one where Noah brown had the ball hit his in the hands again and turn into a pick six to lose a game in OT.. This is why this defense just doesn't work doesn't mean Dan Quinn can't make adjustments if he's being told to by his bosses that find another mix another set of schemes to fit these players go into this draft with a plan..
What have people been blind to this go back and look at what Dan Quinn did when he blew that big lead in the Super bowl look what he did against us when he was with Atlanta the watermelon kick thing this dude blows leads his team knees leads that's what people say but then he blows them as well I mean he said what is it which one is it they said give Dan Quinn a lead how can we when this defense just come out on 1st drive to give up 7 points too many times coming out of half time also give up 7 quick points or more.

The fans are blind to how many times this has happened and how Dan Quinn in this defense has been more responsible for losses in the big games then the office. Then the special teams. He's been the bigger problem...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yay. Get to keep a guy absolutely no one else wants. There's a reason he hasn't got another HC job since he flamed out in Atlanta.

Aven8

Reaction score
MacDonald will now interview with Seattle and Washington.

It looks like Ben Johnson is the guy Washington wants however

glimmerman

Reaction score
that would be both that would be a 17 point fourth quarter lead the defense allowed us to lose and it might have been in overtime as well that's the one where Noah brown had the ball hit his in the hands again and turn into a pick six to lose a game in OT.. This is why this defense just doesn't work doesn't mean Dan Quinn can't make adjustments if he's being told to by his bosses that find another mix another set of schemes to fit these players go into this draft with a plan..
What have people been blind to this go back and look at what Dan Quinn did when he blew that big lead in the Super bowl look what he did against us when he was with Atlanta the watermelon kick thing this dude blows leads his team knees leads that's what people say but then he blows them as well I mean he said what is it which one is it they said give Dan Quinn a lead how can we when this defense just come out on 1st drive to give up 7 points too many times coming out of half time also give up 7 quick points or more.

The fans are blind to how many times this has happened and how Dan Quinn in this defense has been more responsible for losses in the big games then the office. Then the special teams. He's been the bigger problem...
I watched lions blow a 21 point half time lead. I know some of it is chiefs making adjustments and lions not making them. We maybe better off if Quinn leaves.

There is for sure things on the Offensive side to shore up. We need O-Line players and for sure another O-Line coach. Add a RB and some presnap motion.

I am good with the ST.

Defense needs a shake up. LB and DT. We have to figure out how to stop the run consistently. I do not see Diggs coming back the same the first year after that injury. Quinn has blown leads before. But like you said when we are losing games because they are getting burned on the opening drives then it’s something else to look at. Also do you ever see Quinn bring blitzes. Run blitzes or anything

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Awesome WR running wide open again! Hopefully this time it won’t be during an embarrassing playoff loss.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I watched lions blow a 21 point half time lead. I know some of it is chiefs making adjustments and lions not making them. We maybe better off if Quinn leaves.

There is for sure things on the Offensive side to shore up. We need O-Line players and for sure another O-Line coach. Add a RB and some presnap motion.

I am good with the ST.

Defense needs a shake up. LB and DT. We have to figure out how to stop the run consistently. I do not see Diggs coming back the same the first year after that injury. Quinn has blown leads before. But like you said when we are losing games because they are getting burned on the opening drives then it’s something else to look at. Also do you ever see Quinn bring blitzes. Run blitzes or anything
Right before the niners big 3rd down play I was saying they need to bring pressure. What did they do? Rushed 4 and Purdy had a wide open running lane. If you’re gonna lose why not go out swinging and give your guys a chance to make a play?

Why these guys continue to run prevent defense is just beyond me. It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion you know what’s gonna happen but you just can’t stop it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Right before the niners big 3rd down play I was saying they need to bring pressure. What did they do? Rushed 4 and Purdy had a wide open running lane. If you’re gonna lose why not go out swinging and give your guys a chance to make a play?

Why these guys continue to run prevent defense is just beyond me. It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion you know what’s gonna happen but you just can’t stop it.
They try to run prevent thinking it will protect a lead. But all it does is give teams the middle of the field. If your leading by 2 tds at the end of the game then use it but with plenty of time left your just giving up points.

If your leading, play the same way that got you the lead. If it’s working against one of the best teams to the tune of a 21 point lead then why stop.

Gambit

Reaction score
Dan is at Shrine practices in Cowboys gear, interesting enough Seattle did not send anyone to Shrine.

Take that however ya want. But I don't think a decision will be made until at least Wednesday for Seattle

blueblood70

Reaction score

I am good with the ST.

well First off they didn't play the chiefs.. lol it was the 9ers

what should be noted from the chiefs game is though 2 low scoring defenses , first and foremost I mean that's what's we were missing.... The chief went scoreless in the second-half and still won that game 17 to 10... That's how you play defense our defense have made no adjustments it doesn't seem like ever not against a good team they get walked from the first drive to the end... Mean when's the last time Dan Quinn's defense did this for us I mean look at the Baltimore Ravens defense all year made sure their quarterback didn't have to feel like he was under pressure to make big plays every snap also I mean look at the playoffs they got into the championship game because they only gave up three points the week before....

But yes the lions blew a 21 point lead but it was against the 49ers at home... You could see it coming but this was coaching decisions bad ones I mean that's why we could sit here and question Mike McCarthy but I can look at all around the league coaches making these kind of decisions in the line of fire not after you know where it could be picked apart under a microscope and use hindsight...

lukemartin79

Reaction score
well First off they didn't play the chiefs.. lol it was the 9ers

what should be noted from the chiefs game is though 2 low scoring defenses , first and foremost I mean that's what's we were missing.... The chief went scoreless in the second-half and still won that game 17 to 10... That's how you play defense our defense have made no adjustments it doesn't seem like ever not against a good team they get walked from the first drive to the end... Mean when's the last time Dan Quinn's defense did this for us I mean look at the Baltimore Ravens defense all year made sure their quarterback didn't have to feel like he was under pressure to make big plays every snap also I mean look at the playoffs they got into the championship game because they only gave up three points the week before....

But yes the lions blew a 21 point lead but it was against the 49ers at home... You could see it coming but this was coaching decisions bad ones I mean that's why we could sit here and question Mike McCarthy but I can look at all around the league coaches making these kind of decisions in the line of fire not after you know where it could be picked apart under a microscope and use hindsight...
I noticed that too, at halftime Ravens D was horrible. But at the half they made adjustments. They were back to being that TOP D again that second half, keeping them in the game by putting up a shutout in the 2nd half. The Cowboys don't do that for some reason. It is so frustrating when you see it done every week, even Belichick - but our coaches either simply won't or can't make adjustments in game like other teams do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I noticed that too, at halftime Ravens D was horrible. But at the half they made adjustments. They were back to being that TOP D again that second half, keeping them in the game by putting up a shutout in the 2nd half. The Cowboys don't do that for some reason. It is so frustrating when you see it done every week, even Belichick - but our coaches either simply won't or can't make adjustments in game like other teams do.
Exactly all throughout the playoffs we witnessed at least one team in one game have a defense absolutely step up and we know championships help you get to championship game with championship defense literally starts there stop the run and then be able to run on offense we were not being able to do that and then everyone blames Prescott but I'm sorry I watch teams have quarterbacks make big mistakes in this fight off and all other playoffs including the Super bowls and including Troy Aikman and it gets covered up because the defense makes enough stands that they give the office a chance to make up for their mistake...

Our defense gave up seven points to start the game and then every single drive after I don't care what the offense did the defense gave up a touchdown almost on every drive... You're not winning games in the NFL especially in the playoffs like that and people around here keep blaming the quarterback or Mike McCarthy I blame Dan Quinn...

Look man if this dude stays on this team I hope there's some kind of meeting where they need to tell him he needs to find more schemes and more talent to run different formations to stop the run and against physical teams to be able to stop them on downs not create turnovers I love creating turnovers and getting big sacks but you need to be able to just play straight up ball and four say 3 and out or force A9 and out as long as it doesn't lead to points and this is a fully breakable defense...​

Status
Not open for further replies.