Looks like a soft Taco with no flavor

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe you just don't like the conclusion the OP reached? He said it was just one game, Taco sucked, and he hoped Taco would prove him wrong. He sounds like he is being pretty fair to me.

Hes been saying he sucked since before his preseason game. I know practice reports have also been less than flatering because he couldn't beat our all world LT. The live practice I saw he did actually look pretty decent. He may end up a bust but its too soon to lable him.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
PFF grade from last night:

Screen-Shot-2017-08-04-at-4.53.50-PM-696x261.png

http://cover32.com/2017/08/04/pffgradescowboys/

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hes been saying he sucked since before his preseason game. I know practice reports have also been less than flatering because he couldn't beat our all world LT. The live practice I saw he did actually look pretty decent. He may end up a bust but its too soon to lable him.

He'll likely be afforded plenty of time in the future to prove himself. As a rookie, it's only fair to allow him scads of time to blossom. Some take years before they show much and then all of a sudden, surprise everyone. As a 1st round pick, I'm pretty confident he'll be given that opportunity. For rookie DEs, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
He'll likely be afforded plenty of time in the future to prove himself. As a rookie, it's only fair to allow him scads of time to blossom. Some take years before they show much and then all of a sudden, surprise everyone. As a 1st round pick, I'm pretty confident he'll be given that opportunity. For rookie DEs, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon.
Finish strong !!!

Sydla

Reaction score
and we never blitzed out of the the 3 DL set?
if not, perhaps we did not have the blitzers?

We didn't blitz a lot out of a 3 man DL lineup. Marinelli has never been a big blitzer as his teams normally are in the bottom half of the league in blitz percentage.

Every offseason we do this...... Talk about how Marinelli needs and will blitz more..... And he rarely changes his stripes.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We didn't blitz a lot out of a 3 man DL lineup. Marinelli has never been a big blitzer as his teams normally are in the bottom half of the league in blitz percentage.

Every offseason we do this...... Talk about how Marinelli needs and will blitz more..... And he rarely changes his stripes.
True.

waldoputty

Reaction score

we have an offensive that is unbelievable.
to contend, we need a couple more stops per game.
that is not a lot more blitzes - may be during 5 3rd and longs.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ulrick. John. One day when he is enshrined into Canton, we will marvel that Charlton was able to do half of what he did against that destroyer of worlds.

Verdict

Reaction score

I get it. But it sounds like he is consistent in his position on Taco. Since there isn't any real convincing evidence that he won't be a bust, I would say his position on Taco isn't all that far fetched.

All of us want to see Taco excel. Can we at least agree that while he can't be labeled a bust yet, he hasn't shown he is going to contribute much, SO FAR? His opinion seeems as good as the other side at this point. Time will tell what Taco turns out to be.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about the game. I'm watching HIM.

He's had an atrocious camp. And last night against scrubs, he looked painfully slow and weak. Got destroyed repeatedly by guys that are going to hit the waiver wire.

He's had an improving camp after struggling the first two days.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
we have an offensive that is unbelievable.
to contend, we need a couple more stops per game.
that is not a lot more blitzes - may be during 5 3rd and longs.

Well for one, I don't necessarily disagree with that. I think we should blitz more.

The larger point is neither you or I are the defensive coordinator, though. I gave up a long time ago tricking myself into believing Marinelli will eventually bring more blitzes.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
He needs to add more strength... He definitely got pushed around a bit and wasn't able to over come it with speed. Not the start we would have liked to see, but it was one preseason game after a week of practice. If he is still showing no improvement by the end of the preseason I can see the concern, but even that is too early.

Reactions: CWR

Verdict

Reaction score
He needs to add more strength... He definitely got pushed around a bit and wasn't able to over come it with speed. Not the start we would have liked to see, but it was one preseason game after a week of practice. If he is still showing no improvement by the end of the preseason I can see the concern, but even that is too early.

His game isn't speed. I have been saying that all along. He also isn't strong enough to be Greg Hardy, as it stands today. That may change over time, but it's no given.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well for one, I don't necessarily disagree with that. I think we should blitz more.

The larger point is neither you or I are the defensive coordinator, though. I gave up a long time ago tricking myself into believing Marinelli will eventually bring more blitzes.

better yet, we just need 2-3 more blitzes to get there a game.
it is not as if we did not blitzed last year.
if we had better blitzers, i suspect there would be more blitzing.