Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Jerry can keep touting that Lance made the 53. He'll be on this team at some capacity for the next 10 years.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That's where I'm at...
Right? There's just zero anticipation- almost zero energy with Dak @ QB moving forward.

It's going to be what it always is.

Good most of the time, and predictably horrible @ the most important ones.

There's just no fun in it. There will be no redemption moment. There won't be a shocking upset or spectacular QB duel vs Mahomes.

He's Romo, less the spectacular shootout vs Peyton. And Romo- just as predictably- choked in that game too.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Perhaps it may be wise putting Trey Lance back into the oven and let him cook for a few more hours...
We definitely saw what can happen to a quarterback without a lot of experience. He can throw the ball all over the field, he can run with the ball, but if you don't read players dropping into coverage or miss your mark, games like this are the result of it.

I'm interested in seeing the experiment continue, but I'm not sure the value of it since he'll be a free agent after the season anyway. If he had a couple more years where he was handed the keys in the preseason and told to go and learn, or even if he spent a year or two in the bush leagues just getting playing time, he might at least become a quality backup thanks to his gifts, but he's still just too raw.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This game made me want to see more of Spann-Ford. I don't think he makes the roster, but hopefully the practice squad. I wasn't that impressed with the tight ends ahead of him, though. I've been giving Hendershot some benefit of the doubt, but he didn't win a job tonight. I guess Stephens will be the third tight end kind of by default. He's got some ability as a receiving tight end, but this preseason definitely wasn't the highlight film that last year was.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think Deuce secured his spot on the 53, while Freeman is PS material.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I thought sitting some of our younger players just because they made the roster or secured their spot in the lineup was kind of sad. They are young, so they need lots of reps. I guess the idea is that we mainly wanted to look at bubble players, but there's still the need to get the non-bubbles ready for the season.

gimmesix

Reaction score
There were some positives, true. But we highlight the negatives because they're overwhelming. Especially coming from a former top 5 pick, one we gave up a 4th rounder for.

Pretty sure everyone's ready to throw in the towel on Fehoko after two years of nothing. Or any recent 4th rounder for that matter. I understand and appreciate that QB is different, but you have to call it at some point. Lance has had plenty of time in the NFL to learn how to complete simple passes and even somewhat read a defense. He can't do either on a consistent basis.

He needs to be someone else's project.
I'd probably place Fehoko on the PS to give him one more year to develop.

pitt33

Reaction score
Right? There's just zero anticipation- almost zero energy with Dak @ QB moving forward.

It's going to be what it always is.

Good most of the time, and predictably horrible @ the most important ones.

There's just no fun in it. There will be no redemption moment. There won't be a shocking upset or spectacular QB duel vs Mahomes.

He's Romo, less the spectacular shootout vs Peyton. And Romo- just as predictably- choked in that game too.
Nice work

pacboyX

Reaction score
Best RB on the team today. 9 attempts, 53 yards. Patient and let blocks happen. Ground out tough yards through the middle of the field. Caught a few punts.

I literally think his first half kicked up a roster spot for him. After a great first half, he was done for, besides being sent out to catch punts.

That's what I like to hear! I hope he gets some real time this year

khiladi

Reaction score
I know the person who critiques Dak the most isn’t up in here trying to waive away how bad Lance looked overall.

come on Khiladi. I’m fine with the cowboys moving on from Dak and to the next generation. But let’s be real. They need to draft another QB until they find the right one. Lance ain’t it either.
Wait what? Who was “waiving” away how bad he looked? I said they needed to tank the season during the game and said it before this game….

GINeric

Reaction score
5 Interceptions against a bunch of guys who will not be playing football in a week is not a good.

But we already knew Lance was raw and not ready. This game just confirmed that.

Yeah... but Lance is also playing WITH a bunch of guys who will not be playing in a week as well.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah... but Lance is also playing WITH a bunch of guys who will not be playing in a week as well.
oh please. Those throws had nothing to do with who was playing WR. The guy stinks.... period.

gimmesix

Reaction score
oh please. Those throws had nothing to do with who was playing WR. The guy stinks.... period.
Well, Lamb might have won the 50/50 ball and caught that deep ball down the sideline for a TD that was well-placed. But nothing any receiver could have done on the other four interceptions.