Lost is back! (Season 5)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2706386 said:
It seems this latest episode has split the LOST community, here and abroad.

What did you think Concord?

I thought it was pretty damn good.

Loved Sayid on Lost Acid. :p:

Sawyer going against Sayid...and then finally couldn't and was going to let him go. Always have liked Sawyer.

And then Sayid shooting Ben?!

Good stuff.

I'm going to miss this show when it ends.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
***Spoiler Alert***

I have a question about the last episode..Sayid shot Ben when he was 10 years old but didn't Daniel say that you can't change the past.."whatever happened,happened"..soo everything that Ben did will still occur correct?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2706444 said:
***Spoiler Alert***

I have a question about the last episode..Sayid shot Ben when he was 10 years old but didn't Daniel say that you can't change the past.."whatever happened,happened"..soo everything that Ben did will still occur correct?

I was wondering about this myself.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
***Spoiler Alert***

Daniel did say that and most likely Ben will be hurt, but fine. It's just going to cause their stay in the 70s to turn really ugly in a hurry and cause them to really push to get back to current time.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Yeah at first I was naive enough to think Ben was dead after being shot. Then I realized this is Lost, and he is Ben.

Sayid should have unloaded the entire clip on him :)

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2706480 said:
Yeah at first I was naive enough to think Ben was dead after being shot. Then I realized this is Lost, and he is Ben.

Sayid should have unloaded the entire clip on him :)

Oh ya I just assumed he was dead..for all we know we could have just been injured..but if he did die..what the heck is going to happen!?

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I don't know, but I was suprised he shot him. I thought he would back out at the last second since he was a kid and all.

thekavorka

Reaction score
We all know Ben isn't dead. since he lived to be in his 40s. Ben was always shot by Sayid. The 1970s stuff is all one big flashback.

this means that the whole time, Ben knows sayid shot him as a kid.

I wonder if the shrapnel from the bullet could somehow result in his tumor from season 3 :eek:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm surprised so many people were caught off guard by Ben being shot.

The Island has incredible healing powers, and even revival powers (Hello people, John Locke????). I would not be surprised if Ben's recovery/revival by the Island is the foundation of him becoming a part of, and eventual leader of, the others.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
So what your saying is that its pretty much a cycle then right? Because thats the only way to explain it.

Since Sayid knew Ben was evil already, and was trying to prevent him from living and fullfilling what he would eventually, thus shooting him.

So its a big cycle then. Sayid finds out Ben is evil in the earlier seasons, then goes back in time and kills him/injures him...and it all repeats?

jcollins28

Reaction score
***Spoiler Alert***

He did say that when they were doing the jumps in time. Then when the jumps stopped and they saw the guys were going to murder that girl. Sawyer and them went to help the girl and that Asian guy did not want to help and said we can't help her anyways. Then Daniel said that does not apply anymore because the jumps stopped. IMO the one shot trick is the oldest book in t.v land. The Darma crew will find a injured Ben and nurse him back to health. In reality no way Sayid would have only fired one shot at him like that from a distance. In everything about his character he would have made sure he did his job and killed Ben.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
jcollins28;2706744 said:
He did say that when they were doing the jumps in time. Then when the jumps stopped and they saw the guys were going to murder that girl. Sawyer and them went to help the girl and that Asian guy did not want to help and said we can't help her anyways. Then Daniel said that does not apply anymore because the jumps stopped. IMO the one shot trick is the oldest book in t.v land. The Darma crew will find a injured Ben and nurse him back to health. In reality no way Sayid would have only fired one shot at him like that from a distance. In everything about his character he would have made sure he did his job and killed Ben.

The not changing the past thing did not end, but them not interacting with anyone came to an end because they were not jumping anymore. They were stuck in that time and had to interact, and everything they end up doing in the 70's did happen and will not be changed.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2706737 said:
So what your saying is that its pretty much a cycle then right? Because thats the only way to explain it.

Since Sayid knew Ben was evil already, and was trying to prevent him from living and fullfilling what he would eventually, thus shooting him.

So its a big cycle then. Sayid finds out Ben is evil in the earlier seasons, then goes back in time and kills him/injures him...and it all repeats?

It's not necessarily a cycle. I don't think Sayid shooting Ben is what causes him to be "evil" which is what causes Sayid to shoot him.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2706757 said:
It's not necessarily a cycle. I don't think Sayid shooting Ben is what causes him to be "evil" which is what causes Sayid to shoot him.

I dont think Ben getting shot has anything to do with him turning "evil" either.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ben_linus.jpg
...You didn't REALLY think I was going to die did you?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The scenes with Hurley and Miles discussing changing things that happened were funny.

kmp77

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2706924 said:
I dont think Ben getting shot has anything to do with him turning "evil" either.

No, it's whatever is in the Temple that heals him. I don't think he's evil, I think he does what the island wants.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I am speechless. In a good way...

Or is it a bad way...

Only "The Nameless" that is Smokey can decide.

LOST is the greatest.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Good episode last night. John Locke is one if the best characters that television has produced this decade.

Loved seeing Desmond beat that crap out of Ben. Hope he finds his way back to the island soon.