Love Eli Harold ...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
As what overall players? 34 OLB or 43 DE?

As 34 OLB Dupree is far away better. He's a top 20 pick.
34 OLB
Dupree top 20 player(best standing up rushing wide. Quick standing up and get by the OT)

Harold late 1st development 34 OLB. Great athlete but not much else right now. Reminds me of Dee Ford

Orchard not built for a 34 team. Stiff on his cuts and needs to engage and use his hands.

43 DE
Orchard is far the best out of the 3.
Great pass rushing moves. Quick with his hand in the dirt and has very strong hands to fight off.

Dupree is 2ndround talent as a 43 DE. He will go mid 1st to a 34 team. Has the best size out of the 3 but his pass rush moves and quickness is not there yet when his hand is in the dirt. Dupree day 1 is a 34 OLB or a wide 9 DE in nickel. Needs to develop pass rush moves. Once a strong DE gets his hands on Dupree his is stopped.

Harold is far fat away from starting as a 43 DE. He needs to add bulk strength and pads rush moves. Relies on quickness.

I think you're a little confused my friend .

Orchard looks like a 3rd rounder . Dupree and Harold are neck and neck if you ask me. They both played very well with their hand on the ground.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

Orchard looks like a 3rd rounder . Dupree and Harold are neck and neck if you ask me. They both played very well with their hand on the ground.

I think watch game film with your eyes closed. Show me where Dupree get a sack in the first 3 to 4 seconds with his hand in the dirt. If you watched any game film of Dupree or harold then you will clearly see they are faster and usually are standing up

Orchard a 3rd round pick is sad and hilarious. Just got 18 sacks all with his hand in the dirt and beat nfl 1st round OTs.

Sorry guy but your confused.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

Dupree is a top 20 player for a 34 team only. Terrible with his hand in the dirt

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Dupree is a top 20 player for a 34 team only. Terrible with his hand in the dirt

umm no. Dupree is too big for a 3-4 OLB. You're way off man . All the mock drafts have Dupree projected as a 4-3 DE. What tape did you watch ? 2 minutes of youtube. Orchard is not close to a first round pick. Late 2nd early 3rd.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
umm no. Dupree is too big for a 3-4 OLB. You're way off man . All the mock drafts have Dupree projected as a 4-3 DE. What tape did you watch ? 2 minutes of youtube. Orchard is not close to a first round pick. Late 2nd early 3rd.

No dude your wrong. Your eyes are confusing you. Dupree is not to big to be a strong side OLB in a 34. Go look at nfl.com. They have him as a OLB.

What tape are you watching.
I was at the Kentucky UT vols game the last 2 years. I was at the kentucky vandy game and the kentucky MSU game. I've seen him in person for 4 games. I've watched plenty of games. I said show me where he gets off the line quick out of a 3 point stance and gets a quick sack.
95% of Dupree sacks come from standing up wide. That's where he is quickest. He doesn't have pass rush moves to get past a OT when lined up in 3 point.

You need to watch some actual film than just look at his combine numbers and highlight you tube films.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

Aldon Smith is 6'4" 265. And yes he is a 34 OLB
Upshaw is 272
260 to 265 is not to big. It's actually ideal for the strong side

So please get your facts straight before you come at me there

AzorAhai

Reaction score
No dude your wrong. Your eyes are confusing you. Dupree is not to big to be a strong side OLB in a 34. Go look at nfl.com. They have him as a OLB.

What tape are you watching.

I was at the Kentucky UT vols game the last 2 years. I was at the kentucky vandy game and the kentucky MSU game. I've seen him in person for 4 games. I've watched plenty of games. I said show me where he gets off the line quick out of a 3 point stance and gets a quick sack.

95% of Dupree sacks come from standing up wide. That's where he is quickest. He doesn't have pass rush moves to get past a OT when lined up in 3 point.

You need to watch some actual film than just look at his combine numbers and highlight you tube films.

http://www.gfycat.com/BitterComplexKakapo#

http://www.gfycat.com/EverlastingGaseousBass#

http://www.gfycat.com/GraciousDimImperatorangel#

I don't know why you are so low on Dupree, but he is a versatile guy who is a 1st rd prospect to 4-3 and 3-4 teams. Granted, he is raw, but basically saying he won't be any good as a DE is ridiculous when just about every scout/draft guy praises his versatility and for being able to play in either scheme. If you don't like him, thats your decision. I just see no reason to beat your chest louder than anyone else trying to prove how right you are.

Tobal

Reaction score
I haven't watched Dupree much as it looked like he would be out of our reach. Seems like I did watch a tony bit of his draft breakdown stuff and wasn't blown away. Broadus loves him. Gonna go watch some of him and watch Harold again.

locked&loaded

Reaction score

I don't know why you are so low on Dupree, but he is a versatile guy who is a 1st rd prospect to 4-3 and 3-4 teams. Granted, he is raw, but basically saying he won't be any good as a DE is ridiculous when just about every scout/draft guy praises his versatility and for being able to play in either scheme. If you don't like him, thats your decision. I just see no reason to beat your chest louder than anyone else trying to prove how right you are.

lol. new guy owned supercowboy with the video evidence.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

Dude you can put any sites you want. I'm saying what I see. Just agree to disagree. Doesn't matter if some think he is a 1st round pick or not. Players bust all the time. Mingo was a 1st round pick. Doesn't mean squat.

From what I see he is not a 1st round 43 DE. I think if your spending a 1st rou d pick on dupree it's a 34 OLB. I think he will go top 20 to some 34 team. Let's just wait and watch.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
lol. new guy owned supercowboy with the video evidence.

What video you watching. The louisville highlight where he comes of standing up I. 2 point and doesn't even get a sack. Smith got the sack does that make him a 1st round talent too.

I said dupree is best on his feet it's the 3 point stance he has trouble with being a true 43 DE.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Yep showing me one clip from a vandy game I was at in 2013 vs a no body RT really proves Dupree is worth a top pick.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Vs florida his one TFL In that game. How about you show how many times his burst hurt him and over ran screens and run plays.

But ti the 1 clip you show. it just follows what I have said before. He's lined up in a wide 9 4 point stance. not a traditional 43 DE.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence isn't move from RDE... Whomever they draft has to be able to play LDE.

I disagree. I think he'll be fine on either side. He is already really good against the run.

The Cowboys have options at LDE but would be putting all of their eggs in one basket with only Lawrence at RDE. Mincey can move to LDE if they get another RDE.

They could start Lawrence at RDE and Mincey at LDE with the rookie coming in at RDE on the Nickel and Lawrence moving to LDE in the Nickel.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He might be able to. He played the weak side in Kentucky most the time. 3rd round pick I wouldn't mind

He's obviously not the same type of athlete as the higher rated pass rushers, but he has a way of getting it done.