Luepke "going to be a big part of our offense"

Proof

Reaction score
Nope. Dak hit him high on his chest.
A textbook handoff exchange requires the ball to be placed in the gut of the runner. This is taught from
day one of little league and continued in high school college and pro.
Sure. and the fb should still be able to grab the ball even if not textbook.

Reactions: CWR

fivetwos

Reaction score
I didn’t mean to come across as crapping on Luepke. I think he could be a solid player in the offense. I just don’t believe that MM will figure him into the offense in a major role. Jerry says he would be a big part of the offense. RB will be an afterthought this season, not a weapon. Just to keep defenses from teeing on the QB.
I don’t see McCarthy actually making him a “big part of the offense” at all. Maybe some gadget plays here and there.

Would be hysterical if MM was trolling Jerry and getting a laugh out of him bragging about fullbacks in the 2024 NFL to the media.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Sure. and the fb should still be able to grab the ball even if not textbook.
What? It bounced off the chest plate of his shoulder pads. You began by placing all the blame on the FB.
Now, it's "sure, but still..".
It is the QBs responsibility to properly place the ball
in the FBs gut. Simple as that.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They really could use a utility player, but I’m not sure FB/TE is it. I thought Duece would be the gadget player, screens and out of the slot or backfield but that’s not looking good either. So is it:
Lamb
Ferguson
RB
Cooks
Tolbert
Luepke?

I guess he could block as FB or TE, or run a screen type play. Maybe check down or short route. Is he the 2nd TE while schoonmaker is hurt?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I will bet now that Luepke won't see 100 offensive snaps on the season. The NFL just doesn't use I-formation any more.

His meal ticket will be special teams, and those offensive reps will give him an edge over the competition there. NFL coaches love versatility at the bottom of the 53.

kskboys

Reaction score
They really could use a utility player, but I’m not sure FB/TE is it. I thought Duece would be the gadget player, screens and out of the slot or backfield but that’s not looking good either. So is it:
Lamb
Ferguson
RB
Cooks
Tolbert
Luepke?

I guess he could block as FB or TE, or run a screen type play. Maybe check down or short route. Is he the 2nd TE while schoonmaker is a bust?
Fixed.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
What? It bounced off the chest plate of his shoulder pads. You began by placing all the blame on the FB.
Now, it's "sure, but still..".
It is the QBs responsibility to properly place the ball
in the FBs gut. Simple as that.
How many carries did Luepke get after that fumble?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I sure hope not.

This offense needs speed and playmakers, not more plodders.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yep. The fumble was charged to Dak. Not Luepke.
Dak hit him above the numbers, high on his chest plate.
Why they gave up on the FB after that is inexcusable.
Lmao what planet are you on?

They always charge the QB for a fumble on a botched handoff, doesn't matter who is technically at fault.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lmao what planet are you on?

They always charge the QB for a fumble on a botched handoff, doesn't matter who is technically at fault.
Watch the video. He hits the FB at the top of his number. Anyone that's ever played football on any level should know the QB is taught to stick into the gut of the runner.
What planet are you from?
I've played and coached the QB position.
I've been to multiple college coaching clinics.
Larry Johnson was my high school coach.
I've been to clinics held by Joe Gibbs, Joe Paterno and
others.
One of us knows what we're talking about, and it ain't you.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Watch the video. He hits the FB at the top of his number. Anyone that's ever played football on any level should know the QB is taught to stick into the gut of the runner.
What planet are you from?
I've played and coached the QB position.
I've been to multiple college coaching clinics.
Larry Johnson was my high school coach.
I've been to clinics held by Joe Gibbs, Joe Paterno and
others.
One of us knows what we're talking about, and it ain't you.
Shhhh. Doesn't matter if the ball isn't perfect or if Emmitt Smith is your best friend. No way the RB should fumble that handoff.

Not only that, but the ball at first contact is the height of Dak's waist lol. You can see it in the linked video at :31.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Shhhh

I don't care if the ball isn't perfect. No way the RB should fumble that handoff.
It bounced off his shoulder pad chest plate.
Clearly, you've never worn shoulder pads.
I don't care that you don't care.

You literally say it's on the FB then backtrack saying you don't care if the ball (handoff) isn't perfect. This is an admission that the QB is at least partially at fault.

Last edited: