Luepke "going to be a big part of our offense"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hunter is no Daryl Johnston. I doubt he will be a big part of the offense.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It absolutely matters where the ball is placed.
Good grief.
Your point is that "if the ball isn't perfect, the RB can't be expected to hold onto it." Imagine applying that logic to literally any other scenario in a game. It's like saying a WR can only be expected to catch a ball that hits perfectly in stride.

If your RB can't be expected to hold onto that handoff, then he is bad. It doesn't matter if it is perfect or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you can say that if you want how do you know put on that team that he wouldn't show out I mean the problem here is he doesn't get enough of a chance because this is not a run league where a fullback is primarily a weapon as well and it's needed to be on the field almost every play this is not 90s football you put hunter on that team in front of Emmitt Smith and find out how much he might actually be a pretty damn good to dynamic fullback you just don't know... That offense offensive line the offense actual scheme you have to put that all into account when you look at team play and the way things were designed you do not know that hunter couldn't have been a Darrell Johnson type... There were a lot of dynamic fullbacks in that era why because they were utilized all the time almost on every plane and when you have a big time running back behind them you can get a defense not looking at him...

RoboQB

Reaction score
Your point is that "if the ball isn't perfect, the RB can't be expected to hold onto it."

If your RB can't be expected to hold onto that handoff, then he is bad. It doesn't matter if it is perfect or not. It's like saying a WR can only be expected to catch a ball that hits right in the numbers and perfectly in stride.
It's painfully obvious you have no clue.
The ball should be placed into the gut.
Skin, muscle, fat cells, etc.
If the ball hits hard plastic, there is no "give".
It would bounce like a basketball, and it did.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's painfully obvious you have no clue.
The ball should be placed into the gut.
Skin, muscle, fat cells, etc.
If the ball hits hard plastic, there is no "give".
It would bounce like a basketball, and it did.
In other words

Luepke isn't good enough to take a handoff that isn't perfect.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If the running back did his job correctly, it would be a moot point.
Wrong.
The FB needed to adjust. He didn't.
However, it's the QB who screwed up first and set off
a chain reaction that resulted in a fumble.
All because Dak got lazy and forgot basic mechanics.
I feel like all you want is to argue. Believe what you want.
You had an opportunity to be educated on the mechanics of a basic hand off exchange and chose to "internet fight"
instead. I know who's right and it's not you. Run along.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Wrong.
The FB needed to adjust. He didn't.
However, it's the QB who screwed up first and set off
a chain reaction that resulted in a fumble.
All because Dak got lazy and forgot basic mechanics.
I feel like all you want is to argue. Believe what you want.
You had an opportunity to be educated on the mechanics of a basic hand off exchange and chose to "internet fight"
instead. I know who's right and it's not you. Run along.
In other words, the RB can't handle a non-perfect handoff.

You keep saying the same thing and it isn't more insightful. The handoff wasn't perfect. Still needs to be held.

RoboQB

Reaction score
In other words, the RB can't handle a non-perfect handoff.

You keep saying the same thing and it isn't more insightful. The handoff wasn't perfect. Still needs to be held.
A non-perfect handoff is almost always a fumble.
The ball ricochets off his chest plate when he's expecting it to hit his gut.
It's like a baseball player expecting an off speed pitch and the pitcher throws a 100mph fastball instead.
Like I said, anyone who's taken a handoff should know.
A simple little handoff MUST be perfect. Bottom line.
Every offensive coach on the planet agrees with me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Johnston was a second-round pick for a reason. But we could go back to using the fullback much more if Luepke is a better option than our backup tight ends. Right now, with Schoonmaker nursing another injury especially, that would appear to be the case. When we are not in three-receiver sets, there's a good chance we will be in 21 (two backs, one tight end) instead of 12 (one back, two tight ends), especially if our running game is geared toward running between the tackles (which seems to be what our running game coordinator and OL coach prefer).

Not saying in any way that Luepke is going to get a bunch of touches per game, but he could receive a dive or two and a pass or two if he's out there more than the second TE.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
A non-perfect handoff is almost always a fumble.
The ball ricochets off his chest plate when he's expecting it to hit his gut.
It's like a baseball player expecting an off speed pitch and the pitcher throws a 100mph fastball instead.
Like I said, anyone who's taken a handoff should know.
A simple little handoff MUST be perfect. Bottom line.
Every offensive coach on the planet agrees with me.
So in other words the RB needs a perfect handoff lol

Your standard for the guy giving the handoff is extremely high and your standard for the guy receiving the handoff is extremely low. It's silly.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So in other words the RB needs a perfect handoff lol

Your standard for the guy giving the handoff is extremely high and your standard for the guy receiving the handoff is extremely low. It's silly.
You’re silly. There isn't much room for error on a handoff.
Too far to either side and it squirts out.
Too low and the runners thighs will knock it out.
Too high and it will hit the plastic chest plate and bounce like a golf ball hitting the cart path.

I will defer to coaches who've won state championships,
college championships and Super Bowls with 3 different QBs. You can be wrong if you want.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You’re silly. There isn't much room for error on a handoff.
Too far to either side and it squirts out.
Too low and the runners thighs will knock it out.
Too high and it will hit the plastic chest plate and bounce like a golf ball hitting the cart path.

I will defer to coaches who've won state championships,
college championships and Super Bowls with 3 different QBs. You can be wrong if you want.
Again, you are saying that you can't expect an RB to handle a handoff that isn't perfect lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Again, you are saying that you can't expect an RB to handle a handoff that isn't perfect lol.
Who's at fault when it's not perfect? The QB.
When the ball hits the pads, the probability of a fumble
is very high. It's like catching a bullet bouncing off bulletproof glass. You'd think a superstar QB wouldn't screw it up on a goal line play but when the fan base is full excuses for you, no sense in worrying about it.

I've continued this discussion because I'm just sitting around while my windows are being replaced. I've realized that I'm no longer bored enough to continue. You're just another member looking to be sparky and cause benchings, so I'm gonna say goodbye.