LVE > Sean Lee

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
LVE vs Urlacher, first 6 games of their careers:

LVE: 51 total tackles, 1 pass defended
Urlacher: 46 total tackles, 4 sacks, 1 int, 1 pass defended

While he has been a tackling machine, as I've said before, I'm ready for those big plays to start coming. Getting some sacks or causing turnovers will really help this defense get to the next level.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Play them both but play LVE more.

Sean Lee will get hurt again. So limit his snaps as much as possible.

He should welcome the role of being a player coach here in Dallas. He could extend his career and play a few more years if he did that and be a great leader for our team.
BOOM!! LIMIT Lee, use him sparingly , save him for IF this team makes a playoff run...that way we have a healthy,Lee going in as well as LVE....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How so? When healthy, Lee is widely considered one of the top 3 LBs in the league.
Here are LVE's and Sean Lee's draft measurables comparisons for inside linebackers.

obHlWIz.jpg

KU5epVY.jpg

pdqexAP.jpg

VNjXjOx.jpg

As everyone can see, there simply is no comparison. LVE is simply bigger, stronger, faster, healthier and more physically gifted than Sean Lee was when they were drafted which IS why LVE was drafted in the 1st round, compared to Sean Lee being drafted in the 2nd round. When comparing their rookie seasons with the Cowboys, LVE is off to a much better start, and that's because there is still 10 games left to play in this regular season. LVE is already ranking tops among all LBs on PFF's score chart. That says a lot for a rookie! Not even Sean Lee did that.

No pun intended against Sean Lee, especially since he's always been one of my favorites since coming out of Penn State, but LVE is simply a more gifted player who is off to a much better rookie start. Way better.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's reality for you -- Marinelli and Richard are the ones who will decide who is what and what to do with them. We are merely spectators! :omg:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Here are LVE's and Sean Lee's draft measurables comparisons for inside linebackers.

obHlWIz.jpg

KU5epVY.jpg

pdqexAP.jpg

VNjXjOx.jpg

As everyone can see, there simply is no comparison. LVE is simply bigger, stronger, faster, healthier and more physically gifted than Sean Lee was when they were drafted which IS why LVE was drafted in the 1st round, compared to Sean Lee being drafted in the 2nd round. When comparing their rookie seasons with the Cowboys, LVE is off to a much better start, and that's because there is still 10 games left to play in this regular season. LVE is already ranking tops among all LBs on PFF's score chart. That says a lot for a rookie! Not even Sean Lee did that.

No pun intended against Sean Lee, especially since he's always been one of my favorites since coming out of Penn State, but LVE is simply a more gifted player who is off to a much better rookie start. Way better.
Pretty sure Lee would have been a first rounder if not for the 2 knee injuries in college, but you are right. he is off to a better start his rookie. Also, we ran a 3-4 in Lee's rookie year and he was behind veterans Bradie James and Keith Brooking at inside LB. I think LVE would be in a similar situation as far as playing time if Lee had remained healthy to this point in the season. But he hasn't and LVE has done a really nice job.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

obHlWIz.jpg

KU5epVY.jpg

pdqexAP.jpg

VNjXjOx.jpg

I know what you're saying, but considering all these measurables, and the way Lee plays, wouldn't that speak more to Lee's talent? I definitely agree that LVE has the tools to be much better, but at the moment, I think Lee has more actual talent for the position.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know what you're saying, but considering all these measurables, and the way Lee plays, wouldn't that speak more to Lee's talent? I definitely agree that LVE has the tools to be much better, but at the moment, I think Lee has more actual talent for the position.

I think the key with Lee is to keep him on a reasonable contract. Some just want to get rid of him, and I understand the frustration that he hasn't been able to stay healthy consistently, but his talent is so good that as long as he is willing to work under a reasonable contract, we should keep him around. I don't know that he is willing, but my bet is he wouldn't expect elite level pay.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lee certainly has way much more achievements thanks in part to his tenure but also his talents. You're right, Runny. I see what you're saying. Due to their age and experience difference, it's not a good or fair comparison. One thing is for sure, its great having both as linebackers for our Cowboys, and LVE couldn't have a better mentor.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lee certainly has way much more achievements thanks in part to his tenure but also his talents. You're right, Runny. I see what you're saying. Due to their age and experience difference, it's not a good or fair comparison. One thing is for sure, its great having both as linebackers for our Cowboys, and LVE couldn't have a better mentor.
Agreed, my friend!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As long as Lee is healthy, you keep him in the rotation with Jaylon and LVE. Sit Wilson. Lee still provides the TFL element in the run game that LVE/Jaylon haven't really shown YET.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Look at LVE in space though. I don’t know how you take that off the field.

Sean Lee is great but there is just some things a lot of guys can’t do and this is such a special athlete that I don’t see how you take him off the field.

He is exactly what this defense needed and right now I don’t want to count on Sean Lee unless we have to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Look at LVE in space though. I don’t know how you take that off the field.

Sean Lee is great but there is just some things a lot of guys can’t do and this is such a special athlete that I don’t see how you take him off the field.

He is exactly what this defense needed and right now I don’t want to count on Sean Lee unless we have to.

I'm not saying don't play him. Use all 3 of them. Let them rest once in a while and stay fresh throughout the game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not saying don't play him. Use all 3 of them. Let them rest once in a while and stay fresh throughout the game.

Yeah I completely agree. I'm even ok with Lee starting games but i'd like to see Vander Esch on the field a lot more then Lee.

Especially in situations where the QB is forced to throw.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I know that "losing a starting position due to injury and the back up coming in playing better" is usually a QB thing in the NFL. But, I believe this should be the case on the Cowboys defense. As Sean Lee is good but gets injured way too much, to the point I'm starting to wonder if he can make it through a whole season without injury. LVE should keep the starting job, with Sean Lee coming in as back up or relief when LVE needs some rest on plays. Or there could be defensive packages where Sean Lee can be on the field at the same time as LVE/Jaylon Smith. But, LVE should get more snaps to play on over Sean Lee because he has earned it.