LVE > Sean Lee

Rajveer

Reaction score
If Lee retires, he needs to be put on our coaching staff right away. He would be the best line backer coach we could ask for.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
LVE is a beast in the making. And he’s only 21. A very sound tackler. No way he gets pulled off the field the way he’s playing.
Man..LVE is going to be a big dude..at 21 he doesn't even really have his "grown man" weight finished building on him yet..and he's like 6'5..he looks so big compared to Jaylon and Jay is 6'3

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Never thought I would say that but it is true. Here’s why -

1. Lee has been a great player but is not reliable
2. LVE was supposed to be a guy that needed more experience. I don’t see it. He is always around the play, I have not seen him miss a tackle, and he is BIG.
3. LVE is a big guy. He will probably end up being 260 pounds. Guys go down when he hits them. Lee was always a bit undersized.
4. LVE is very quick. Big man who is a glider but man he covers ground. Smith is more of a quick twitch player but LVE is extremely fluid for a big man. Lee was always quick but has no advantage over LVE in speed.
5. LVE has been excellent in coverage. That was his rep and he has been good. Long limbed guy that is tough to throw around.
6. LVE is just starting to come into his own. He will get bigger and with more experience...

I hope they don’t stunt his growth when Lee is healthy.

Thoughts?
He is better because he is on the field. When lee plays, he is an absolute beast. I hope lee can get back on the field and find a way to have him, lve, and jaylon all on field together. Lee is an all pro if playing, but he simply isn’t on the damn field much.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I made a boo-boo on LVE, but he is still not as good as a healthy Lee.

Needs to be more physical at the LOS. However, it appears he is going to be a very good player.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Availability is the big one. Unlike years past when Lee was out of the line-up, this D would get torched...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I was saying in general that the money should go towards Free Agency on any position that the team needs to fill. Think long term dude.

How can you keep a 30 plus year old player who keeps getting injured almost every year?

I don't even have to ask the question because I know you don't watch the games due to not being aware that Lee is getting older and continues to get injured each season but apparently you are unaware.
Yes. I am unaware Lee is one of the best MLBers in football. I personally think he is the best. Of course I want him to stay healthy and play every game, but he is to good of a player and teammate to give up on. We all should hope he heals up and comes back his typical ALL PRO self.

Zman5

Reaction score
Vander Esch is ahead of Jaylon on the mental side of playing in the NFL. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Jaylon was last season.

He's already a better tackler. That kid is amazing tackler. I don't think I have seen him miss a tackle once he gets his hands on a player.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Line
Here are LVE's and Sean Lee's draft measurables comparisons for inside linebackers.

obHlWIz.jpg

KU5epVY.jpg

pdqexAP.jpg

VNjXjOx.jpg

As everyone can see, there simply is no comparison. LVE is simply bigger, stronger, faster, healthier and more physically gifted than Sean Lee was when they were drafted which IS why LVE was drafted in the 1st round, compared to Sean Lee being drafted in the 2nd round. When comparing their rookie seasons with the Cowboys, LVE is off to a much better start, and that's because there is still 10 games left to play in this regular season. LVE is already ranking tops among all LBs on PFF's score chart. That says a lot for a rookie! Not even Sean Lee did that.

No pun intended against Sean Lee, especially since he's always been one of my favorites since coming out of Penn State, but LVE is simply a more gifted player who is off to a much better rookie start. Way better.
Linebacker is about instincts, football smarts and intangibles more than any position. Lee has all these in spades. Maybe one day LVE will be in Lee’s class, but definitely no yet!

Dwight

Reaction score
Yes. I am unaware Lee is one of the best MLBers in football. I personally think he is the best. Of course I want him to stay healthy and play every game, but he is to good of a player and teammate to give up on. We all should hope he heals up and comes back his typical ALL PRO self.

Yep it’s obvious you dodged my point pertaining to his age and injuries.

A cognitively aware individual would know that Lee is on the tail end of his career due to his current history and age.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

2. LVE was supposed to be a guy that needed more experience. I don’t see it. He is always around the play, I have not seen him miss a tackle, and he is BIG.
3. LVE is a big guy. He will probably end up being 260 pounds. Guys go down when he hits them. Lee was always a bit undersized.
4. LVE is very quick. Big man who is a glider but man he covers ground. Smith is more of a quick twitch player but LVE is extremely fluid for a big man. Lee was always quick but has no advantage over LVE in speed.
5. LVE has been excellent in coverage. That was his rep and he has been good. Long limbed guy that is tough to throw around.
6. LVE is just starting to come into his own. He will get bigger and with more experience...

Thoughts?
Lee has been a great player as well.

We need to find a way to get both on the field.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I don't think Lee will be here much longer.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If Lee retires, he needs to be put on our coaching staff right away. He would be the best line backer coach we could ask for.
I'd make him our DC right now.

I don't want him to retire.

I don't want to see him in another uniform.

This board has such a short memory. This man has been our defense pretty much himself for nearly a decade. Cut Hurns, cut one of our 3 TEs that aren't doing anything of use outside of Swaim.

Lee has a spot on this roster until he chooses to hang it up.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Man..LVE is going to be a big dude..at 21 he doesn't even really have his "grown man" weight finished building on him yet..and he's like 6'5..he looks so big compared to Jaylon and Jay is 6'3
He doesn't look bigger than Jaylon. He looks taller but not bigger. Jaylon looks much bigger actually.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Vander Esch is ahead of Jaylon on the mental side of playing in the NFL. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Jaylon was last season.
Although they are different, my opinion is the Cowboys were having Jaylon play more read and react last year and it made him look foolish at times. This year, it seems like they are giving Jaylon one responsibility on each play no matter what the offense is doing and that is where he excels.