LVMPD Body Cam Footage in Michael Bennett Incident Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
NO reason? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:I was offering to help you through the video but with that response, forget about it. I've seen the way you complain about life in America. It's no wonder it's so miserable for you the way you treat people that just want to help.

You're a peach.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The Bennett boys will always see things through a racially charged lens. Goodell stood up for him, I hope something comes of this.

Agree both of them are idiots. Another point that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that Bennett's statement was written with the clear implication that the police who stopped him were white - but of the three cops involved, one was black and two were Latino.

I see this just like the Kaepernick situation, there are real issues with race and police procedure and knuckleheads like this actually hurt the cause they are trying to support.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What does the video prove? I don't see the time frame of what happened after they got ahold to him? Why is that footage not there?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, so many of y'all lapping this up like it actually contradicts anything Bennett said.

Must be nice.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Agree both of them are idiots. Another point that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that Bennett's statement was written with the clear implication that the police who stopped him were white - but of the three cops involved, one was black and two were Latino.

Bull. He said he was single or because of his appearance, not that he was single or because the cops were white.

Some of you guys are so hoping to turn this into a black vs white thing that you can't even see he, and the other protestors, are talking about police culture.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
These body cams should not be able to be turn off and on any time the police want. But I thought I read the detaining officer had his body cam off during the pursuit but later had it on when detaining Bennett.

I have a friend that is a LEO. He told me that have to be able to turn them off for bathroom breaks and other personal matters.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have a friend that is a LEO. He told me that have to be able to turn them off for bathroom breaks and other personal matters.
I've heard that excuse before. They can cover the lense for bathroom breaks and other personal matters as long as those other personal matters is not covering up a crime. In playback it will be obvious why it was done.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I've heard that excuse before. They can cover the lense for bathroom breaks and other personal matters as long as those other personal matters is not covering up a crime. In playback it will be obvious why it was done.

I know it may surprise all the activists out there kneeling but most cops WANT body cameras..... they make their defenses that much easier when charged with abuse

But there is no need to keep a camera on 24/7 even for Police....things taken out of context or personal conversations shouldn't be made public

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I know it may surprise all the activists out there kneeling but most cops WANT body cameras..... they make their defenses that much easier when charged with abuse

But there is no need to keep a camera on 24/7 even for Police....things taken out of context or personal conversations shouldn't be made public
Of course not.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Why would they be made public when the police are the ones reviewing them and deciding what goes public?

The point of a body cam is not so that police and pick and choose when to use them. They don’t need to be on 24/7, but there needs to be clear rules around when they should be and if they aren’t on when they should be, that should count as any other infraction for doing your job poorly.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why would they be made public when the police are the ones reviewing them and deciding what goes public?

The point of a body cam is not so that police and pick and choose when to use them. They don’t need to be on 24/7, but there needs to be clear rules around when they should be and if they aren’t on when they should be, that should count as any other infraction for doing your job poorly.
Tell that to Mark Fuhrman....... he had a screenplay used against him to help free a murderer
Do you want your boss having a record of everything you say and do, all day every day? Cops have rights too

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Tell that to Mark Fuhrman....... he had a screenplay used against him to help free a murderer
Do you want your boss having a record of everything you say and do, all day every day? Cops have rights too

Did you even read what I wrote?

Also, Mark Fuhrman is the guy you choose to hitch your wagon to?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yes ..........it was stupid so I rebuked it

lol, speaking of stupid.

I’m so greatful for the Drama zone. It’s really exposed the belligerants on this forum and made them easy to add to ye olde ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.