Madden 13

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Offense seems a heck of a lot harder on this game. I can't run or pass which I could do at will on Madden 12.

Ren

Reaction score
Got the game a couple of days early but can't sign into the EA online pass servers to redeem online pass so stuck playing offline until it officially comes out here, guess they had to block it or something so those idiots who payed 25$ extra for early access edition would feel so cheated

Offense has a whole new feel to what i am used to in madden can't quite put my finger on what exactly but i like the new feel

Joshmil53

Reaction score
Ren;4692463 said:
Got the game a couple of days early but can't sign into the EA online pass servers to redeem online pass so stuck playing offline until it officially comes out here, guess they had to block it or something so those idiots who payed 25$ extra for early access edition would feel so cheated

Offense has a whole new feel to what i am used to in madden can't quite put my finger on what exactly but i like the new feel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE offense now, You can actually run the ball on All-Pro and there's no super human Linebackers who can swat the ball down from 5 yards away. One thing that is still annoying is DBs can block with their body still.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
the_h0wey;4692452 said:
Offense seems a heck of a lot harder on this game. I can't run or pass which I could do at will on Madden 12.

I can pass, and im ok at running. My problem is defending.

IF you blitz you're screwed and if you only send 4 rushers you're screwed.

Any tips on defending with the Cowboys playbook?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;4692463 said:

Why can't you juke people out on this game? The best moves are the spin move and just changing your pace.

I want to juke out some defenders.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Franchise mode was the only good thing about this game and then they take it away. This is by far the worst madden game there is.
The tackling on this game is garbage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jwitten82;4692549 said:
Franchise mode was the only good thing about this game and then they take it away. This is by far the worst madden game there is.
The tackling on this game is garbage.

I like it but I don't play the computer. I think user vs user gameplay is pretty solid but i'd still like to see a more realistic pass rush and more realistic defending AI.

BTW the playmaker button is way overpowered.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
CATCH17;4692555 said:
I like it but I don't play the computer. I think user vs user gameplay is pretty solid but i'd still like to see a more realistic pass rush and more realistic defending AI.

BTW the playmaker button is way overpowered.

What's that? Do you mean user catch?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I noticed on the demo that you cant juke. From what ive seen on youtube the cowboys running game sucks lol

Joshmil53

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4692593 said:
I noticed on the demo that you cant juke. From what ive seen on youtube the cowboys running game sucks lol

What? I'm playing on All-Pro and Murray just lights it up.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4692609 said:
What? I'm playing on All-Pro and Murray just lights it up.

I duuno just looked that way on youtube. But this one guy kept running into other cowboys and missing holes lol . Man i want this game

Joshmil53

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4692622 said:
I duuno just looked that way on youtube. But this one guy kept running into other cowboys and missing holes lol . Man i want this game

Eh.. I only like it because the gameplay is absolutely superior to 12 IMO. M12 franchise mode kills m13 though.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
Just got a pick 6 with Mo on a quick slant to Cruz (y)

E: And another pick by Church in the endzone to Nicks :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Joshmil53;4692583 said:
What's that? Do you mean user catch?

It's a new feature. IF the QB puts too much air under the ball just pick a DB and hold Triangle / Y. CPU does the rest. They will make some crazy plays.

mmohican29

Reaction score
JonJon;4690516 said:
I'm gonna sell Madden 12 on eBay and use that money to get Madden 13. I Do this every year. I only should have to put about $25 to it, so it's not that bad.

Cowboys are jinxed in that game. No running game at all and superman linebackers pick off every 4th throw.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I remember in Madden '05(or whenever Ray Lewis was on the cover) the tackles were hard and brutal, i just loved laying the wood on somebody and making the screen shake. Now you basically run/fall into people and it seems like RBs stumble around drunk whenever they "break tackles". I just played a game and when i went to tackle somebody my arms went to wrap around the guy and then they just magically came apart like i never even pressed the button. I just can't see how in the world you can have animations this bad this far into the generation, that should be the ONE thing about the Madden games that stays consistently great.

I don't like the new career modes and the menus are sluggish. Nantz and Simms are absolutely terrible, my receiver drops a ball and it's basically "Wow, what a terrible throw by Romo!".

EA is arrogant and just doesn't care anymore(and haven't in a while), they have a monopoly and the official license so it's either Madden or tough stuff buddy, we're at their mercy. They just came up with a snazzy opening scene, hyped up career/legends mode, spiced up the presentation(fake twitter accounts? OMG wow!), and called it a day.

I'd probably give it about a 2 or 3 out of 5. Will play it for maybe a week or two more then take it back.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
no franchise mode? ugh. good thing i didnt buy it, and just activated a free month of game fly so i could play it!

StevenOtero

Reaction score
My Xbox Gamer Tag is very simple: Steven Otero

Hit me up if you want to play.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Supercowboy1986;4692913 said:
no franchise mode? ugh. good thing i didnt buy it, and just activated a free month of game fly so i could play it!

Wait....there is no Franchise mode anymore? WHAT? What replaced it?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
numnuts23;4692943 said:
Wait....there is no Franchise mode anymore? WHAT? What replaced it?

"Connected Careers" and from what I understand it is a bit of a mess, no editing positions, no multi-team/multi-player on offline, no import of NCAA of course, no fantasy draft, heard you can't see leaders or standings.

I am definitely not getting it, maybe not even 14.

Actually like this guys take on it:

So as an EA Sports Season ticket pass member, you get to download and play their major releases 3 days before they come out. After a day with Madden 13, I've went ahead and cancelled my 360 pre-order. This game is a serious step back from Madden 12 as far as the franchise mode goes.
1) You can't edit players or rosters for a new franchise game. You are stuck with the rosters provided by EA and also stuck with how they've rated all of the players.
2) Trading is a clusterduck of UI stupidity. You put players/picks on your side and players/picks on the other teams side with the only indication of willingness to trade is some color bars on YOUR players' side. No idea how the other team is valuing their players. No idea if the other team thinks it is a fair trade, all you can do is click submit. Exit the trade screen. Exit the roster screen. Go to the activity screen. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and see if the trade was accepted. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. I can't explain enough how badly trading sucks now. This alone would've caused me to cancel my order.
3) You spend XP on raising player's stats. It takes millions(or billions) to get a player to get better. There are really highly rated players that show up in the draft, but, for whatever reason, the really highly rated players are less likely to get their stats up much higher. Really, the whole XP raising stats thing is just a major pain in the butt.
4) You can't use a coach mode to pass the ball in games. IE, you can't just call plays and watch the action play out. Now, this isn't a step back from Madden 12 (I don't think), but it should've been in this version of the game.
5) The UI really sucks. Just all over the place it sucks.

It's a new engine, so I guess there will be growing pains. I just hope Madden 14 brings some love back to the franchise mode.