Madden 13

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MonsterD;4693061 said:
"Connected Careers" and from what I understand it is a bit of a mess, no editing positions, no multi-team/multi-player on offline, no import of NCAA of course, no fantasy draft, heard you can't see leaders or standings.

I am definitely not getting it, maybe not even 14.

Actually like this guys take on it:

So as an EA Sports Season ticket pass member, you get to download and play their major releases 3 days before they come out. After a day with Madden 13, I've went ahead and cancelled my 360 pre-order. This game is a serious step back from Madden 12 as far as the franchise mode goes.
1) You can't edit players or rosters for a new franchise game. You are stuck with the rosters provided by EA and also stuck with how they've rated all of the players.
2) Trading is a clusterduck of UI stupidity. You put players/picks on your side and players/picks on the other teams side with the only indication of willingness to trade is some color bars on YOUR players' side. No idea how the other team is valuing their players. No idea if the other team thinks it is a fair trade, all you can do is click submit. Exit the trade screen. Exit the roster screen. Go to the activity screen. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and see if the trade was accepted. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. I can't explain enough how badly trading sucks now. This alone would've caused me to cancel my order.
3) You spend XP on raising player's stats. It takes millions(or billions) to get a player to get better. There are really highly rated players that show up in the draft, but, for whatever reason, the really highly rated players are less likely to get their stats up much higher. Really, the whole XP raising stats thing is just a major pain in the butt.
4) You can't use a coach mode to pass the ball in games. IE, you can't just call plays and watch the action play out. Now, this isn't a step back from Madden 12 (I don't think), but it should've been in this version of the game.
5) The UI really sucks. Just all over the place it sucks.

It's a new engine, so I guess there will be growing pains. I just hope Madden 14 brings some love back to the franchise mode.

Dang, Franchise is what I loved about Madden. Online was fun, but franchise mode was what kept me coming back. Guess I'll stay with 12 this year. :mad:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
numnuts23;4693119 said:
Dang, Franchise is what I loved about Madden. Online was fun, but franchise mode was what kept me coming back. Guess I'll stay with 12 this year. :mad:

So will madden 12 update all the new players from this year or no???

Joshmil53

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4693129 said:
So will madden 12 update all the new players from this year or no???

Doubt it, but you can download rosters with all the draft picks/current FA signings from operationsports.com

Joshmil53

Reaction score
This is really odd. I'm controlling Coleman/Liss usually (All-pro) and Spencer is getting sacks like crazy. 9 sacks in about 5 games to Ware's 3.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone play Ultimate Team? It's pretty fun. I'm trying to get Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin and Sanders on my team. Once you have those it gets really fun especially for a cowboys fan.

Also, anyone try connected career for a player? Oh my god. I can make 2nd string QB with the Vikings as an undrafted pick, yet not play one single snap in the entire preseason. Not one. Simulated till user control or whatever and that just simulates the entire game. It sucks.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4693577 said:
Anyone play Ultimate Team? It's pretty fun. I'm trying to get Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin and Sanders on my team. Once you have those it gets really fun especially for a cowboys fan.

Also, anyone try connected career for a player? Oh my god. I can make 2nd string QB with the Vikings as an undrafted pick, yet not play one single snap in the entire preseason. Not one. Simulated till user control or whatever and that just simulates the entire game. It sucks.

Eh... CCM for a player seems a bit op for me. All-Pro as Dez and I got 350 yards in game because I could call audibles as a wr :s

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4693588 said:
Eh... CCM for a player seems a bit op for me. All-Pro as Dez and I got 350 yards in game because I could call audibles as a wr :s
No imported classes from NCAA 13. No soundtrack. Whatever they call franchise mode sucks. Madden moments are way too easy. No fantasy draft.

I know I sound naggy but this is definitely the worst Madden I played ever. I've owned madden since '04.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4693644 said:
No imported classes from NCAA 13. No soundtrack. Whatever they call franchise mode sucks. Madden moments are way too easy. No fantasy draft.

I know I sound naggy but this is definitely the worst Madden I played ever. I've owned madden since '04.

I'm only playing for no Super linebackers and DB's.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
TheCowboy;4693644 said:

I completely agree, Im strongly considering returning it. This is by far the worst game they have ever put out. People love it but only because there isn't any other option(besides NCAA). If they had competition, I guarantee we'd see much better results.

The graphics for the commentators are simply appaling, they literally look like playstation graphics. Not Playstation 2, not PS3. Playstation that came out 15 years ago graphics. The in game graphics arent terrible, but aren't great. But they did a horrible job on the commentators.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Some of the Amazon reviews are funny, as are Madden haters(mostly 2k fanboys). Start a Connected career as a coach, that's franchise mode!

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4693205 said:
This is really odd. I'm controlling Coleman/Liss usually (All-pro) and Spencer is getting sacks like crazy. 9 sacks in about 5 games to Ware's 3.

Same here regarding spencer. Also, my defense sometimes totally pursues the QB regardless of what play I called so Eli throws it deep eveytime. Cpu, coach mode, all pro.

Ren

Reaction score
I'm stuck playing offline (I really just get these for online play every year) so i've done 11 weeks of franchise or what ever you call it now.

I always control the safety so it's all cpu,.. Ware has already broken the single season sack record (24 sacks at the end of week 11). Use the OLB swap formation sub for your nickel and watch him just destroy RTs. For what ever reason you seem far more likely to get a straight one on one there if you rush the LT side there always seems to be a back chipping or something as well

Ren

Reaction score
Muhast;4693838 said:
I completely agree, Im strongly considering returning it. This is by far the worst game they have ever put out. People love it but only because there isn't any other option(besides NCAA). If they had competition, I guarantee we'd see much better results.

Actually this seems to be the most balanced Madden to date, people who play a lot of head to head with friends love it cause it just plays better then any madden they done on the current generation of consoles.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
52 TD's by Romo, Mvp. Dez = WROTY, Smith = LMOTY, Spencer = LBOTY, Carr = DBOTY. Dez SB MVP. 19-0 baby

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4699236 said:
52 TD's by Romo, Mvp. Dez = WROTY, Smith = LMOTY, Spencer = LBOTY, Carr = DBOTY. Dez SB MVP. 19-0 baby

Playing on rookie i see!! :laugh2:

Joshmil53

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4699242 said:
Playing on rookie i see!! :laugh2:

Actually All-Pro w/ custom sliders :)

Just simmed another season and Dez had FIVE punt returns for TDs!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4699309 said:
Actually All-Pro w/ custom sliders :)

Just simmed another season and Dez had FIVE punt returns for TDs!

Thats good then if youre on all pro. I know youd beat me then lol. I've only played the demo. Im waiting for a redbox to not be sold out so i can rent it for a few days.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
I was waiting for the final 53 to be announced and the roster updated to start my franchise/connected career. I like it accurate as possible.

So far I've only played against the Skins, Beagles, and Gnats in Play Now mode to get a feel for the game. Didn't even realize the Franchise option had changed.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Ren;4695133 said:
Actually this seems to be the most balanced Madden to date, people who play a lot of head to head with friends love it cause it just plays better then any madden they done on the current generation of consoles.

Even head to head isn't as fun. The juke stick is worthless in this madden, and the playmaker button makes it way to easy to intercept passes.