Twitter: Maliek Collins will breakout this year

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You want to use the braindead oversimplification that Garrett = automatic failure in everything?

That's all I needed to know.

what has Garrett done back to back, or at least a streak of thats really told the fans "hes a good coach" im curious to where this is coming from?

did 8-8 seasons make him great?

the back to back winning seasons we ve been having?

the dominance in teh playoffs?

Sydla

Reaction score
what the agenda? not every cowboy player is awesome? shocking? whats the board become, root for everyone regardless? no, i didnt get excited over Dunbar, how did that legend turn out?

Just curious.

What would it have taken from Collins to you to get a bit excited about his future?

Comparing Dunbar's accomplishments to what Collins did is kind of moronic, by the way.

Reaction score
Point me to the post that says every Cowboys player is awesome. Who said it? I'll wait.

Any objective analysis would tell you that Collins was very good last year. And that was after virtually no training camp or preseason.

He's the only guy who has given Zach Martin problems. I guess he's a bum too. Right?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
what has Garrett done back to back, or at least a streak of thats really told the fans "hes a good coach" im curious to where this is coming from?

did 8-8 seasons make him great?

the back to back winning seasons we ve been having?

the dominance in teh playoffs?

I guess you didn't understand what I meant by braindead oversimplification. Parroting the Randy Galloway, Matt Moseley 8-8 narrative from 2013 is great stuff. I needed a laugh. All it really tells me is that you are big on pinpointing one person to blame for everything and are big on the notions of fault and blame.

If you insist on talking about coaches in regards to Collins then you should talk about Marinelli and Lett seeing they are the ones who actually coach him and Garrett is an offensive minded coach in the first place, but at the end of the day the coaches only prepare them so much. When they hit the field it is the player and the 10 other guys out there with him that actually play the game.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Just curious.

What would it have taken from Collins to you to get a bit excited about his future?

Comparing Dunbar's accomplishments to what Collins did is kind of moronic, by the way.

first of all no its not, Dunbar was a legend for doing nothing. Ok Collins might do more given time but right now he hasnt done much that im going to get excited over. I dont know even if i will jump on the wagon. Ill wait and see when the facts done. Do i get excited over every sack? no, some qbs just suck and run into sacks.

So shoot me if i dont get exited over a player who hasnt really done much. Take D Law when we drafted him and take his career to this date. Nothing to get excited over, yet people did for no reason. Ok, thats great and all, but i dont get excited for every player that wears the uniform. It might happen when you age, i dont know, but im not getting excited over every player.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what the agenda? not every cowboy player is awesome? shocking? whats the board become, root for everyone regardless? no, i didnt get excited over Dunbar, how did that legend turn out?

I'm all about ripping stiffs but comparing Collins to Lance Dunbar is laughable. Collins did more in his rookie year than Dunbar's done in his entire career.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I guess you didn't understand what I meant by braindead oversimplification. Parroting the Randy Galloway, Matt Moseley 8-8 narrative from 2013 is great stuff. I needed a laugh. All it really tells me is that you are big on pinpointing one person to blame for everything and are big on the notions of fault and blame.

If you insist on talking about coaches in regards to Collins then you should talk about Marinelli and Lett seeing they are the ones who actually coach him and Garrett is an offensive minded coach in the first place, but at the end of the day the coaches only prepare them so much. When they hit the field it is the player and the 10 other guys out there with him that actually play the game.

yes, but everything stops at garrett, remember who can hire and fire. Did Rod do well with him, possibly, am i going to get excited over every player? agian no.

Facts point out Garretts struggles not me. if not, just let me know how many back to back winning seasons hes had in the time hes been a HC, ill wait.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'm all about ripping stiffs but comparing Collins to Lance Dunbar is laughable. Collins did more in his rookie year than Dunbar's done in his entire career.

yes but again, read it twice, i wasnt comparing their careers, i was comparing their legends. Dunbar had a legend in so many posters minds for doing nothing. thats what im comparing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first of all no its not, Dunbar was a legend for doing nothing. Ok Collins might do more given time but right now he hasnt done much that im going to get excited over. I dont know even if i will jump on the wagon. Ill wait and see when the facts done. Do i get excited over every sack? no, some qbs just suck and run into sacks.

So shoot me if i dont get exited over a player who hasnt really done much. Take D Law when we drafted him and take his career to this date. Nothing to get excited over, yet people did for no reason. Ok, thats great and all, but i dont get excited for every player that wears the uniform. It might happen when you age, i dont know, but im not getting excited over every player.

If a rookie 3rd round DT getting you 5 sacks on a defense completely devoid of any edge pressure doesn't get you excited, I question whether you know football.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
That he had to go for 4th RB of yesteryear to try to make his point is all you need to know.
no you are completely missing the point, but most posters get that about you, you try real hard.

I was comparing how people see them. Do try to ask questiosn if you are uncertain, and trust me, you have proven to be uncertain and roll with an opinion right or wrong be damned. just because you scream louder and longer doesnt make you correct.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Jesus man I bet you could put Maliek's rookie year side by side with many of the great players at his position. Gerald McCoy had 3 sacks as a rookie and Marcel Darius had 5. You have to be a VERY good player to have the impact he did as a rookie.

Part of me thinks you have no idea who any Cowboy is not named Dak, Dez, or Ezekiel.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
If a rookie 3rd round DT getting you 5 sacks on a defense completely devoid of any edge pressure doesn't get you excited, I question whether you know football.

i know football, just not going to get impressed with every little aspect. How many people were big on Brady at first? than they quickly jumped ship. Or Heath, remember when he sucked than a break out year, than hes back to being good or sucking, depends on each game i guess

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes but again, read it twice, i wasnt comparing their careers, i was comparing their legends. Dunbar had a legend in so many posters minds for doing nothing. thats what im comparing.

Yeah and your comparison sucks. Dunbar did nothing. Collins had a very good rookie year. One has nothing to do with the other. There's actual reason to be excited about Collins.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is all funny because had i been praising Dunbar with the rest of you, id be in the Cool crowd. yea, i dont play that game, sorry. Dunbar didnt deserve his accolades, and ill see about Collins, again sorry if i have an opinion.

Daillest88

Reaction score
i know football, just not going to get impressed with every little aspect. How many people were big on Brady at first? than they quickly jumped ship. Or Heath, remember when he sucked than a break out year, than hes back to being good or sucking, depends on each game i guess

He had 5 sacks last year without a training camp.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yeah and your comparison sucks. Dunbar did nothing. Collins had a very good rookie year. One has nothing to do with the other. There's actual reason to be excited about Collins.

one season and we get excited now. WOOOO . Let me know when to have an opinion , now its based on one year. I bet you are still cheering Randle who had a good back up year. lol. one year and we have to get excited now. good to know.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
yes, but everything stops at garrett, remember who can hire and fire. Did Rod do well with him, possibly, am i going to get excited over every player? agian no.

Facts point out Garretts struggles not me. if not, just let me know how many back to back winning seasons hes had in the time hes been a HC, ill wait.

Hiring and firing has little to do with player development and nothing directly. I don't really care what you get excited about. You can have whatever opinion you like. OTOH, your opinion is based on nonsense. I hope it is intentional and you feel the need to troll for attention because the alternative does not speak well of you at all.

Garrett does not struggle to develop players. We have more drafter players on our roster than all teams but one and we won 13 games last year.

Collins had one of the best rookie campaigns for a DT in the past decade. It compares favorably with Donald, Atkins, and Dareus who are all All Pros. He has worked extra hard this offseason and has acquitted himself well against the All Pro interior linemen we have on the squad. Said All Pros speak very highly of him.

We should ignore that because of Jason Garrett? It's braindead and you should be ashamed of yourself.