Twitter: Maliek Collins will breakout this year

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Hiring and firing has little to do with player development and nothing directly. I don't really care what you get excited about. You can have whatever opinion you like. OTOH, your opinion is based on nonsense. I hope it is intentional and you feel the need to troll for attention because the alternative does not speak well of you at all.

Garrett does not struggle to develop players. We have more drafter players on our roster than all teams but one and we won 13 games last year.

Collins had one of the best rookie campaigns for a DT in the past decade. It compares favorably with Donald, Atkins, and Dareus who are all All Pros. He has worked extra hard this offseason and has acquitted himself well against the All Pro interior linemen we have on the squad. Said All Pros speak very highly of him.

We should ignore that because of Jason Garrett? It's braindead and you should be ashamed of yourself.

good than the records will denote he had a comparable rookie season, great to know.

the only thing im ashamed of his not blocking your meandering posts, but i dont do that either. Some players fit certain schemes and some good players are on bad teams, it happens. Maybe collins will be good, maybe he wont, again im not getting excited by WHAT you think. ill wait to see what happens.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
no you are completely missing the point, but most posters get that about you, you try real hard.

I was comparing how people see them. Do try to ask questiosn if you are uncertain, and trust me, you have proven to be uncertain and roll with an opinion right or wrong be damned. just because you scream louder and longer doesnt make you correct.

You should stop trying to speak for anyone other than yourself.

I was the founding member of the Dunbar Hate club and there were only one or two people that would argue with me to say that could even contribute. I don't recall anyone saying he was so much as better than average.

Your strawman is poor.

waving monkey

Reaction score
no, went by facts. check the results. nothing impressive by our head coach.
I know your a fan thats a fact in my eyes, why because I witness your post here in the zone over long time.
What you call facts [goals] we are in disagreement because of length of time developing team and early mistakes.
We paid the price for Red and now the benefits are beginning to show but if you refuses to open your eyes
I can't help them see.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
one season and we get excited now. WOOOO . Let me know when to have an opinion , now its based on one year. I bet you are still cheering Randle who had a good back up year. lol. one year and we have to get excited now. good to know.

He's only played one year so it'd been tough to expect him to give you two seasons in his rookie year.

So now he's like Joseph Randle too?

You may be the only person on the planet with this view.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I know your a fan thats a fact in my eyes, why because I witness your post here in the zone over long time.
What you call facts [goals] we are in disagreement because of length of time developing team and early mistakes.
We paid the price for Red and now the benefits are beginning to show but if you refuses to open your eyes
I can't help them see.

again, and i said this before, maybe you will grasp it because you dont hop on the "argument train " because you have nothing better to do. I simply said ill wait for the facts. I could be wrong, i admit that, but im not getting excited over every player due to the fact they wear our uniform and than you would think i said Landry sucks. but thats how they are, i hope you get what i am trying to convey.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
good than the records will denote he had a comparable rookie season, great to know.

the only thing im ashamed of his not blocking your meandering posts, but i dont do that either. Some players fit certain schemes and some good players are on bad teams, it happens. Maybe collins will be good, maybe he wont, again im not getting excited by WHAT you think. ill wait to see what happens.

Again, I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. People that can get over themselves when I come at them like I am here are rare. EVen if you do change your mind you would never admit it. That is not what I am getting at.

I am trying to get you to support your opinion with something worthwhile. So far we have Jason Garrett, Lance Dunbar and your insisting that you can believe what you want when you have already been told that is not in question.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
again, and i said this before, maybe you will grasp it because you dont hop on the "argument train " because you have nothing better to do. I simply said ill wait for the facts. I could be wrong, i admit that, but im not getting excited over every player due to the fact they wear our uniform and than you would think i said Landry sucks. but thats how they are, i hope you get what i am trying to convey.

I'll get excited when they wear our uniform and, like, have very good rookie years.

Like Lance Dunbar and Joseph Randle did on your planet, apparently.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
He led all rookie DTs last year. You're reaching hard on this

how many were there? how many played ? vs who, which divsions, show me what you are comparing him too. Did he get all 5 in one game like another player did, (I think it was a Giant vs the eagles) Im just not going to look at the stats and get excited. The Commanders defense used to give Romo fits, did that mean he sucked or just that he sucked against the SKins. No, Haslett just had his number it happens.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Again, I'm not trying to get you to change your mind. People that can get over themselves when I come at them like I am here are rare. EVen if you do change your mind you would never admit it. That is not what I am getting at.

I am trying to get you to support your opinion with something worthwhile. So far we have Jason Garrett, Lance Dunbar and your insisting that you can believe what you want when you have already been told that is not in question.

oh good, now you are down to tell me what to think, this just gets better and better. just stop, you are sounding very very bad and its not help you. You dont know me or how i think. So stop telling people they can have an opinon than you telling us what we will think.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'll get excited when they wear our uniform and, like, have very good rookie years.

Like Lance Dunbar and Joseph Randle did on your planet, apparently.

ddi Randle not do well as a back up? i remember a lot of fans excited over him in that role? did that mean he would do good as the starter as say Hambrick? remember how that turned out? no just because you have one good year (Luarent Robinson) doesnt mean you will always have consistency, sometimes you just hit on a year, it happens.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
yes but again, read it twice, i wasnt comparing their careers, i was comparing their legends. Dunbar had a legend in so many posters minds for doing nothing. thats what im comparing.

Ive been in this forum for as long as I can remember. Dunbar was never a legend. But I know folks that wanted him off the team. Me included. Many agreed with me then.

As for Collins I think he's underrated. He's far from mediocre. Especially given that he was only a rookie. I'm wondering if you think Dak is mediocre also. If so, I know ESPN is hiring and you should apply.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddi Randle not do well as a back up? i remember a lot of fans excited over him in that role? did that mean he would do good as the starter as say Hambrick? remember how that turned out? no just because you have one good year (Luarent Robinson) doesnt mean you will always have consistency, sometimes you just hit on a year, it happens.

Ok here's my last post on this because frankly it's beneath me. When a player is drafted and comes in and has a very good first year as a starting player to boot, it makes you a normal human being to be excited about his future. It makes you abnormal and in need of therapy if after that year you start comparing him to Lance Dunbar and Joseph Randle.

Toodles.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
oh good, now you are down to tell me what to think, this just gets better and better. just stop, you are sounding very very bad and its not help you. You dont know me or how i think. So stop telling people they can have an opinon than you telling us what we will think.

:lmao: I just told you that no one is disputing that you can think what you want and your response is this?

I said that you have no real basis for said opinion. AT the same time people believe in all kinds of unfounded and contradicted nonsense. I stopped fighting that as a teenager. I believe in the first amendment. If anything, I am telling everyone else that there is no reason to take you seriously.

I am entitled to an opinion as well am I not?

Sydla

Reaction score
first of all no its not, Dunbar was a legend for doing nothing. Ok Collins might do more given time but right now he hasnt done much that im going to get excited over. I dont know even if i will jump on the wagon. Ill wait and see when the facts done. Do i get excited over every sack? no, some qbs just suck and run into sacks.

So shoot me if i dont get exited over a player who hasnt really done much. Take D Law when we drafted him and take his career to this date. Nothing to get excited over, yet people did for no reason. Ok, thats great and all, but i dont get excited for every player that wears the uniform. It might happen when you age, i dont know, but im not getting excited over every player.

He had 5.5 sacks as a rookie DT.

Holy #%^# dude.