Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694558 said:
I'll have a dumb look on my face and wonder what on earth the point in that was.
The point could be, "Hey. This could have been you for the whole game. Now you have to sit and wonder if you will be getting that much action for the rest of the season".

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694565 said:
The point could be, "Hey. This could have been you for the whole game. Now you have to sit and wonder if you will be getting that much action for the rest of the season".
Dunno.. that just seems like an odd way to approach it. If I'm JG his butt is on the bench the entire game and I express how that will not be tolerated after the game at some point.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694555 said:
What if Garrett plays him during the first series and then sits him the rest of the game?

Pointless either you sit him all game or your words has no credibility as a coach.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hostile;3694431 said:
I'd sit him for at least the 1st quarter if I were Garrett.

I'd make it at least the first half. That would give Choice enough carries and we can see what he does.

YR

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasEast;3694565 said:

That would be stupid...because what if in the first series Barber is tearing it up and the Boyz score on the opening possesion. Now you say that Garrett would bench him for the remainder of the game?

That's putting the cart before the horse...

VACowboy

Reaction score
This epitomizes the attitude that has the Cowboys not only sitting at 1-7, but also just plain refusing to play. And it's not just Jenkins and a bunch of peons lying down. Witten has been my favorite NFL player for years, but the penalties game after game and the way he went through the motions against Green Bay is inexcusable. IMO, if Witten can be that flaccid, it's an indication that the team is far more dysfunctional than I ever would have dreamed possible. These players need a serious jolt. Deactivating Barber for the game would be a start.

</pitchfork>

VThokie7

Reaction score
DallasEast;3694555 said:
What if Garrett plays him during the first series and then sits him the rest of the game?

If that is the case, why did we make a coaching change? That is a Wade move, not the move of a guy trying to take charge in his first days as head coach.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694568 said:
Dunno.. that just seems like an odd way to approach it. If I'm JG his butt is on the bench the entire game and I express how that will not be tolerated after the game at some point.
It would: 1) give the Giants something to think about/which helps your established gameplan; 2) tells the team that starters will be benched; and 3) gives Barber something solid to think about/which could inspire him to get onboard with Garrett from here on out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Fonz;3694569 said:
Pointless either you sit him all game or your words has no credibility as a coach.
Well, no gray area here and not something which is all-inclusive within head coaching decisions.
5Stars;3694572 said:
That would be stupid...because what if in the first series Barber is tearing it up and the Boyz score on the opening possesion. Now you say that Garrett would bench him for the remainder of the game?

That's putting the cart before the horse...
Dallas has Felix Jones and Tashard Choice. Do you really see that much of a drop off if Barber is "tearing it up and scoring" afterwards?
VThokie7;3694580 said:
If that is the case, why did we make a coaching change? That is a Wade move, not the move of a guy trying to take charge in his first days as head coach.
When had Wade sat anyone for more than a quarter?

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694584 said:
It would: 1) give the Giants something to think about/which helps your established gameplan; 2) tells the team that starters will be benched; and 3) gives Barber something solid to think about/which could inspire him to get onboard with Garrett from here on out.
The game plan is important, but even having the guy walk beyond the sideline during the game shows that you're not going to hold the players to the rules you've established. Points 2 and 3 IMO can be achieved without ever playing Barber.

rynochop

Reaction score
tupperware;3694513 said:
Yeah it just doesn't make sense. He forgot? Really?

Can't afford a suit? Really?
Don't like wearing suits?
Dog ate it?

Seriously, what excuse is there other than "I'm not going to follow your orders JG"

Maybe he doesnt know how to tie a tie. I could just see him on the internet, the rabbit around the tree and then down the hole??...ahh it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694591 said:
The game plan is important, but even having the guy walk beyond the sideline during the game shows that you're not going to hold the players to the rules you've established. Points 2 and 3 IMO can be achieved without ever playing Barber.
If you are a head coach and do not want a player walking the sidelines, you have the authority to send that player to the locker room for the rest of the game.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
They shouldn't have let him on the plane...seriously.

And he shouldn't play at ALL in this game...period.

After the big deal made of this dress code and he does that...total lack of respect and he should be punished.

They need to weed out BS attitudes like this.

Nirvana

Reaction score
He isn't that relevant so bench him at least the first half. If it was Ratliff or Free I'd settle for a fine and play him the whole game. With Barber, sticking Choice in there will probably net more yards anyway.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694596 said:
If you are a head coach and do not want a player walking the sidelines, you have the authority to send that player to the locker room for the rest of the game.
Okay, but this is in contrast to the point you're trying to get me to argue against. Which is (Or I think it is) that having Barber start sends any more of a concise message than just not having him play at all.

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
I'd say, "Marion, since you like jeans and tennis shoes so much, you can wear them for the rest of the day, and in your vehicle driving home" then leave him at the airport, and would cut him from the team.

This would deliver a message that would go much further than a $500 fine ever could.

We're in a such a terrible position attitude-wise that mere words aren't going to work. Minor monetary consequences won't work either. A bold consequence would jump start the culture change and let the team know Garrett is dead serious. Barber has done Garrett a favor. Show the team you mean business, Jason.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694606 said:
Okay, but this is in contrast to the point you're trying to get me to argue against. Which is (Or I think it is) that having Barber start sends any more of a concise message than just not having him play at all.
I believe that a 'concise message' can be given to both the team and Barber without taking Barber completely out of today's gameplan. It happens on other teams as well, regardless of whether they are led by brand new head coaches or not.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
stardeep;3694609 said:
I'd say, "Marion, since you like jeans and tennis shoes so much, you can wear them for the rest of the day, and in your vehicle driving home" then leave him at the airport, and would cut him from the team.

This would deliver a message that would go much further than a $500 fine ever could.

We're in a such a terrible position attitude-wise that mere words aren't going to work. Minor monetary consequences won't work either. A bold consequence would jump start the culture change and let the team know Garrett is dead serious. Barber has done Garrett a favor. Show the team you mean business, Jason.

Yeah these fines for the players who make this kind of money is freaking pointless. Comparatively it's like saying to a local McDonalds worker, hey you can go ahead and walk around with your shirt untucked and take breaks whenever you want, it'll just cost you a quarter off your pay check.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694612 said:
I believe that a 'concise message' can be given to both the team and Barber without taking Barber completely out of today's gameplan. It happens on other teams as well, regardless of whether they are led by brand new head coaches or not.
I just don't know that the benefit of playing Barber for a single series is going to benefit us enough as would sending a clear message from JG that he will not tolerate it.

One series is not going to make or break our team in this game, at least not as far as having MB play or not is concerned.