Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
....and somewhere Tashard Choice is smilin' so hard it looks like he slept with a coat hanger in his mouth

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
This guy took his bonus money and would rather not play.
He's trying to avoid contact to get cut and land his next contract and take the bonus money.

Barber more than Barbarian

What a loser this guy turned into. Go train, I mean loaf in Miami.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694671 said:
I agree with your disagreement. I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach with Jason Garrett to see just how effective a head coach he can be--regardless of how much his personal individual head coaching decisions are appreciated by fans.
And let me just state I'm for what works. This is what I would do. If Jason Garrett does something different and we see positive results then I'm all for it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;3694664 said:
I wonder how we'll stop the Giants pass rush.
Great question and one which I wondered about on the forum as far back as last April's draft when New York was adding to their defensive front seven. With our offensive line, it is a huge concern.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694666 said:
Any good head coach is going to weigh the positives and negatives of how long to bench a player which he already knows the other team's coaching staff has gameplanned for. There are more things to consider here than being upset with what Barber has done to counter Garrett's dress code. That's a reality of today's NFL.

Cool...then play him the whole game, fine him a few hundred so he can buy a nice blue suit. I'm sure that if Garrett plays him the rest of the team will see him as a hero to that damn red headed kid...players like Jenkins.

Barber...Barber...Barber! He's da man...

We wil get our first glimpse of what Garrett is made of. Talk the talk, walk the walk. Oh well...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694675 said:
And let me just state I'm for what works. This is what I would do. If Jason Garrett does something different and we see positive results then I'm all for it.
It has worked for other teams, other head coaches and other teams players under similar situations. Will it happen here? I do not know. I just know that the possibility exists and will not arbitrarily dismiss it knowing that the chances of a positive team effect can happen.

cowboyed

Reaction score
How about we find out what really happened before we speculate what action Garrett will or should take or if Barber is the RB from hell of a sudden.

Consider these "august" sources like Steve Dennis and Calvin Watkins. They always don't get it right, now do they. If it is true Garrett will deal with it appropriately from a professional head coach perspective, not from fans eager to put players into their place.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;3694681 said:
Cool...then play him the whole game, fine him a few hundred so he can buy a nice blue suit. I'm sure that if Garrett plays him the rest of the team will see him as a hero to that damn red headed kid...players like Jenkins.

Barber...Barber...Barber! He's da man...

We wil get our first glimpse of what Garrett is made of. Talk the talk, walk the walk. Oh well...
Jason Garrett is not Wade Phillips. Give the man a chance if you see Barber on the field today.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyed;3694684 said:
How about we find out what really happened before we speculate what action Garrett will or should take or if Barber is the RB from hell of a sudden.

Consider these "august" sources like Steve Dennis and Calvin Watkins. They always don't get it right, now do they. If it is true Garrett will deal with it appropriately from a professional head coach perspective, not from fans eager to put players into their place.
:shush:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
IMO, they screwed it up already. They should have told Barber, when he showed up in jeans and sneakers, to go home and put on a suit and buy a ticket to NY on his own dime.

They should inactivate him for today's game.

It won't happen, Jerry will not allow it. Barber is still starting because Jerry paid him some big $ and he will get his $ worth from Barber.

sago1

Reaction score
Back in the 90s when Garrett was a backup behind Aikman, Cowboys required their players to wear suit & tie on plane flying to play their opponents. That might have been NFL policy at the time. Don't know if there is any NFL policy now but I've heard a few teams (don't know which ones) still require suit/tie.

The point is Garrett established this has one of his policies for Cowboys players to follow. MBIII deliberately decided not to follow Garrett's orders. What does that say about him being a team player & after all, football is a team sport.

If Garrett doesn't punish MBIII, the rest of the players will lose respect for him & some will begin to ignore other orders. Garrett can't let MBIII get away with it but how he punishes him is to be determined. Frankly, MBIII makes too much money to care about a fine. I believe it's best if Garrett benches MBIII for the entire game. Let's see a lot more of Choice & Felix.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyed;3694684 said:

There's been nothing posted from the usual suspects. All I've found so far is this:
sportsbull Chris Bullock

Cowboys New dress code. Coat and Tie when traveling to Road games. Only one player did not wear Coat and Tie. Marion Barber
-----------
Someone asked Breer about it, but no response yet.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I guess put me in the pitchfork crowd.

Cant believe Garrett allowed him on the plane in jeans at tennis shoes when the rules said otherwise.
IF he just ends up getting fined, my respect for Garrett will plummet.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694685 said:
Jason Garrett is not Wade Phillips. Give the man a chance if you see Barber on the field today.

I have no choice but to give him a chance. And, I'm sure Barber will play if for nothing else than to help on blitz pickups, because he ain't doin crap running the ball.

But, if a player completely disrespects company policy, what makes anyone think he cares about blocking for the team?

What's that saying, "one bad apple spoils the lot"...

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Aliencowboy;3694674 said:
This guy took his bonus money and would rather not play.
He's trying to avoid contact to get cut and land his next contract and take the bonus money.

Barber more than Barbarian

What a loser this guy turned into. Go train, I mean loaf in Miami.
You can't be serious.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DallasEast;3694676 said:
Great question and one which I wondered about on the forum as far back as last April's draft when New York was adding to their defensive front seven. With our offensive line, it is a huge concern.
you know your team sucks when the two biggest threads in the last few days are about wearing a tie on the plane.

sago1

Reaction score
i suspect Garrett was surprised that MBIII didn't follow his dress code & therefore Garrett didn't react quickly enough to tell MBIII to go home, etc. Garrett needs take a strong stance re MBIII & it better not be just a fine. You can be sure other players on the team will be watching to see if Garrett has the moxie to do what has to be done. If JJ doesn't like it, then maybe it's time for Garrett to step up to JJ.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
5Stars;3694450 said:
Looks like you don't get it either. If your employer says something is mandatory....you do it, or lose our job.

Exactly. That was a pretty ridiculous post to me, I couldn't believe I was reading that.

After the whole big ordeal of new regime, new toughness, new accountability, he has the audacity to come out and explicitly decline to follow the new rules? Not acceptable.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;3694694 said:
I have no choice but to give him a chance. And, I'm sure Barber will play if for nothing else than to help on blitz pickups, because he ain't doin crap running the ball.

But, if a player completely disrespects company policy, what makes anyone think he cares about blocking for the team?

What's that saying, "one bad apple spoils the lot"...
I don't get it. If it's a certainty that Garrett will undermine himself and lose his authority over his players should he play Barber, why not write him off the very moment he puts Barber into the game?