McCarthy and Zimmer won't attend Combine

rambo2

Reaction score
Dak has been the QB since 2016
Jerry has been the real GM since Jimmy Johnson left.
Its not just about the last 3 years of failure ....... its about the last 28 years and how sane fans have had enough of sitting politely with our mouths closed and taking this garbage.

Throughout modern history consumers have not gotten what they wanted without rebelling ...... prohibition, classic coke, hot mustard, futurama, ect ect
Sounds like you think that you can do better.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In this day and age it probably really isn't necessary with video conference calling and all that. Plus Will McClay does a good job scouting (except last year).
Yes, it's McClay's job to evaluate talent and make recommendations to the coaches and others, let him do it.

I trust him more than either MM or Zimmer as far as draft evaluations go....

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Fat Mike does have a lot of ground to cover. He promised he'd "be better" in his final year as head coach. He has to "look at tape" like he used to at the barn.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So we’re not going to fully utilize free agency OR the draft to build a better team.

Makes sense
I don't think I'd be too quick to jump to big conclusions prematurely. They've got a lot of stuff to wade through in fairly short order with new coaches, players, etc etc. I think we need to step back and let it play out a little further before we form any major conclusions.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer will not be attending next week’s NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

McCarthy: “Zim and I will have a full week together here and cover a lot of ground with things we’re working on. At the same time, we can still participate in the combine process and have direct contact through video calls and meetings, while having our coaches on the ground there as well.”

I really hope this does not mean GM Jeruh will be there and it empowers him to think he knows best.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they finished mike's statement,

because I may not still be here at draft time LO. L.

I can hear It now. Zim am I aren't attending training camp this year. Because we can do it by zoom, Jerry said so.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
of course not. why should they? MM on the last year of his contract. doesn't matter and zimmer is just auditioning for a position somewhere next year..

great job Jerry, you have set up just a great football operation...

fat chance this team has any success next year.
First I think it's quite premature to assume that MM does not have the integrity to perform his job to the best of his ability despite his lame duck situation, and the same goes for Zimmer. Although Zimmer may not see this situation as a one year gig at all, since it's possible that Zimmer could be looking at HC of the Cowboys next year. ;)

However I agree with you about Jerry, in that I hope he hasn't backed himself into a corner like General Custer did at the Little Big Horn. It's hard to trust a character like Jerry, but I do trust the integrity of MM and Zimmer a LOT more that that of Jerry, so I don't believe we're down for the count yet. Hang in there guys!

starman22

Reaction score
Absolutely. I mean those guys are studs.

We can add guys like Sam Williams, Neville Gallimore, Jabril Cox, Josh Ball, Matt Waletzko and Will's pet cat Reggie Robinson II. The list goes on and on.

If they're there he will find them.
How in the world did the Cowboys win 12 Regular season games for 3 years in a row if all of their drafting and FA acquisitions were this bad? We must have one hell of a great coach to make this happen. Or maybe the QB really is carrying a mediocre team?

I am definitely not a rah-rah everything Cowboys is awesome, but they are doing something right if they are winning games at this pace.

IDK, I guess we are just getting lucky and it doesn't carry over to the playoffs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With their decades of experience, I would think that they know what they are doing.
You think Jerry and his idiot boy know what they are doing?

Well, yeah, I could see how somebody could come to that conclusion with all the rings we have won over the past quarter century............oh, wait

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't lie.. the Cowboys have the largest fane base and fans vote in droves. All those individual accomplishments mean nothing. Just drive up a players value, nothing more. But pretending that's the benchmark for a quality draft is hilarious.
You said, “the fans vote for the Pro Bowl.” That’s a lie or you’re just ignorant.

starman22

Reaction score
Sounds like you think that you can do better.
I don't think that is it at all. It might just be that a team with the vast resources that the Cowboys have should probably have more post season success than we have in the 28 or whatever years. Is that really that hard to understand? There is a problem somewhere in the Cowboys front office process that is preventing us from advancing further in the playoffs.

There is literally no other constant in those 28 years than Jerry & son. Even Will McClay is starting to lose his luster with the fans, even though he is just a symptom of what ails the Cowboys, and that sits on the emperors throne in his palace on gameday.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't think that is it at all. It might just be that a team with the vast resources that the Cowboys have should probably have more post season success than we have in the 28 or whatever years. Is that really that hard to understand? There is a problem somewhere in the Cowboys front office process that is preventing us from advancing further in the playoffs.

There is literally no other constant in those 28 years than Jerry & son. Even Will McClay is starting to lose his luster with the fans, even though he is just a symptom of what ails the Cowboys, and that sits on the emperors throne in his palace on gameday.
Explain how the front office had something to do with the Dez no catch and the Romo fumbled snap.