McCarthy and Zimmer won't attend Combine

Chasing6

Reaction score
Explain how the front office had something to do with the Dez no catch and the Romo fumbled snap.
Romo was not a fumbled snap and Dez was not a no catch. Both rules were immediately changed in the off season. Both were BS plays embarrassing enough to the NFL to force a rule change.

Big_D

Reaction score
You said, “the fans vote for the Pro Bowl.” That’s a lie or you’re just ignorant.
lol nice spin job. They’re a part of the vote. That’s the important part. Makes the rest completely irrelevant.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Absolutely insane that people here think McClay is some kind of genius while he's scared to death to interview for a GM job fearing they will ask him GM questions.
I think he is overrated on here. Then again Jones gang may not take his advice on who to draft and that’s the issue.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
It's not possible to evaluate Will unless we had the entire draft board in front of us. Then we can actually see the quality of the process by seeing hwo they thought were the best players at their positions after a few seasons in the league.

We can also see very clearly what situations were a pick for need, and which ones were based on their best player available evals.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First I think it's quite premature to assume that MM does not have the integrity to perform his job to the best of his ability despite his lame duck situation, and the same goes for Zimmer. Although Zimmer may not see this situation as a one year gig at all, since it's possible that Zimmer could be looking at HC of the Cowboys next year. ;)

However I agree with you about Jerry, in that I hope he hasn't backed himself into a corner like General Custer did at the Little Big Horn. It's hard to trust a character like Jerry, but I do trust the integrity of MM and Zimmer a LOT more that that of Jerry, so I don't believe we're down for the count yet. Hang in there guys!
its human nature. show them the end line and some of the motivation goes away. this was the only job Zimmer got offered. Jerry created a tough situation for himself, by not extending MM, or letting him go and then ther is coordinator position that has to be filled. how many really good ones would jump at that oppotunity, knowing you are on a one year deal essentially. so yeah, indirectly, Zimmer is auditioning. he will do his best. of course. that's the point. and I don't buy into the notion that he is potential HC candidate for Dallas. on paper maybe. but Jerry would go a different direction if this thing falls apart and there is a good chance it will.

I think the cowboys window of opportunity is come and gone. this year was it. its down hill from here.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
He clearly said “they” meaning team representatives would be there and they would be in communication with the coaches that are there. People don’t even read anymore.. they see the title and reply based off that one sentence.. lol. Too funny.. :eek:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The pro bowl? lol It's a crap game voted on by fans. I really wish people would stop using these garbage end of season accomplishments as a marker for a quality drafting football team. But somehow winning in the postseason isn't part of that equation.

I can't name a team with more fans who feverishly vote every year.

OK. Take the term pro bowlers out and replace it with a roster full of outstanding players. Does that make you feel better?

Coaches & players account for 2/3 of the vote.

shabazz

Reaction score
We'll have the best of the best onsite evaluating the situation. No worries. Jerry and Enos are really the only ones who need to show up.
And I'm confident that they will let MM and Zimbo know of any trades or moves they made AFTER they've made them......just like the Trey Trey aquisition

Big_D

Reaction score
And I'm confident that they will let MM and Zimbo know of any trades or moves they made AFTER they've made them......just like the Trey Trey aquisition
Better yet, don’t even tell them. Just let it be a surprise! Jerry knows best!

1942willys

Reaction score
Romo was not a fumbled snap and Dez was not a no catch. Both rules were immediately changed in the off season. Both were BS plays embarrassing enough to the NFL to force a rule change.
The desperate defenders of the status quo always come up with things like that to focus attention on that the continued failure of Jerry and his minions to be TRULY RELEVANT.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This perspective will make it that much more interesting how many head coaches, defensive coordinators--and offensive coordinators for that matter--of the other 31 teams attend the combine personally.