McCarthy and Zimmer won't attend Combine

rambo2

Reaction score
A lot of coaches don't go to the combine. The 49ers didn't go last year. The Rams haven't been since 2020. It's a growing trend in the NFL. It's amazing how ignorant some posters are.

Big_D

Reaction score
All we can do is hope; considering our overall record at our second rd pick under Jerry....
Is there a guy out there with a horrific injury just waiting to be plucked. If you’re a headcase or have a severe injury.. and always dreamt of being a Cowboy. This could be your lucky day!

rambo2

Reaction score
This perspective will make it that much more interesting how many head coaches, defensive coordinators--and offensive coordinators for that matter--of the other 31 teams attend the combine personally.
The 49ers coaching staff didn't go last year.

Creeper

Reaction score
The two men who control the offense and defense will not be at the combine to watch the college players in the draft work out first hand. Does that sound bad? After last year's draft, it seems to me maybe they should all be more engaged in the process to make sure this year they find some quality players that will make the team better in 2024. But, what do I know.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be plenty of video footage to watch. It's not like you have to be there. It's probably better to watch tape and work through at your own pace. You have 2 full months between the combine and the draft.

Cmac

Reaction score
As Bill Parcells once said or similar....."If you want me to cook the meal, you ought to allow me to pick the groceries." Understand technology is no problem with communication but viewing a player in real time with real eyes, says a lot too. I don't understand why Big Mike or Zimm wouldn't be there IMO.

rambo2

Reaction score
As Bill Parcells once said or similar....."If you want me to cook the meal, you ought to allow me to pick the groceries." Understand technology is no problem with communication but viewing a player in real time with real eyes, says a lot too. I don't understand why Big Mike or Zimm wouldn't be there IMO.
It's a copy cat league and other coaches aren't going.

Aven8

Reaction score
Because it’s sooo important to see how fast a OT runs a 5.2 40……

1942willys

Reaction score
A lot of teams have started not to send their coaches.
SO is it something thought out or are they lemmings?
That is the question.
The most successful franchise in the NFL currently is the Chiefs and its not even an argument/
What do THEY do?

1942willys

Reaction score
How in the World are the Cowboys the 4th ranked team? Don't they know Risen?
yeah for a team that CONTINUALLY lays down in the playoffs,,,,

how you guys puff yourselves up so much about our record is sickening

Cmac

Reaction score
It's a copy cat league and other coaches aren't going.
Understand.......but the "We're all in" and "Championship culture" is raising eyebrows. The sell job this franchise spews is ongoing.

1942willys

Reaction score
Understand.......but the "We're all in" and "Championship culture" is raising eyebrows. The sell job this franchise spews is ongoing.
show me they are not heading out on the yacht at the beginning of FA
Show me that everyone is at the combine and they got senior people at player days
SHOW ME THE EFFORT.

rambo2

Reaction score
show me they are not heading out on the yacht at the beginning of FA
Show me that everyone is at the combine and they got senior people at player days
SHOW ME THE EFFORT.
Are you beating your cane on the table?