McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure. The teams that currently have their "Trey Lance" starting but would quickly upgrade if 1) the arrow isn't pointing up on their current guy and 2) they had a chance at the playoffs. This happens every year. It's all dependent up on the available QBs...but there only like 12-14 locked in/competent QBs...and the rest are on a carousel. And Rush could definitely step in and do what Baker Mayfield does...or some of these other stop-gap backups like Menshew.
He said name the 15 teams and you only bring up Baker and Minshew who are much better quarterbacks then Rush lol.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'd love to see that list to. Because even teams without quarterbacks like the Raiders would rather have Minshew. There is not one team in this league I can say would rather have Rush then what they have at QB.
It's a fluid list. He's not starting over Drake Maye TODAY...but let's say the Patriots have a stellar D or a great offense but the QB is holding them back....if they had a Cooper Rush on the team, he's getting a shot. The previous poster made it seem like Cooper Rush is not starting material.

He's not FRANCHISE MATERIAL...but Cooper Rush is definitely STARTING MATERIAL. I think the burden is on you to tell me why he is NOT, rather than for me to prove something he already has.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He said name the 15 teams and you only bring up Baker and Minshew who are much better quarterbacks then Rush lol.
I know what he said...the question is why do you run when people questions your posts but then join up to pile on others? I got him...you wait your turn for your lesson.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL hes worried hes losing trolling material. Nothing more he'll find something else. Remember this? "we want lance , we want lance" . Good times!! :laugh:
He claimed Lance would be taken over during the season. He kept going on and on about how Trey Lance was our future and would lead the Cowboys to a Lombardi. Now he’s bailing on him. Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's a fluid list. He's not starting over Drake Maye TODAY...but let's say the Patriots have a stellar D or a great offense but the QB is holding them back....if they had a Cooper Rush on the team, he's getting a shot. The previous poster made it seem like Cooper Rush is not starting material.

He's not FRANCHISE MATERIAL...but Cooper Rush is definitely STARTING MATERIAL. I think the burden is on you to tell me why he is NOT, rather than for me to prove something he already has.
He is not starting over Drake Maye lol. On no planet.

Rush isn't starting material. He's a backup who can come in and keep things afloat. But he can't win you games. He's a backup. The point was Lance can't beat himout and that says more about Lance then it does Rush. Cowboys don't want to take 3 QB's with them. They'd rather save that roster spot.

The burden should be on you being you are the one who said he can start for 15 teams in this league. You didn't name the 15.

Rush is just a guy. Just a guy is better than a bad QB. Yes. But Minshew is just a guy who I would rather have than Rush.
I know what he said...the question is why do you run when people questions your posts but then join up to pile on others? I got him...you wait your turn for your lesson.
Nobody ran from you you the one who replied to me in defense of Lance. He’s worse than Rush. Rush nobody signed when he was available. You one of these dudes who think if you have a star on your helmet you are better then everyone else but they not. Every team has a Cooper Rush on their bench.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He wouldn't hit waivers. We signed him to a contract. The man went 5-1 AFTER that event...so...not sure what you are getting at.
We let him hit waivers that off season after he went 5-1 and no body brought him to camp...thats is a fact, again i think most see what we see his arm is just not that good. Even with his arm he is miles ahead of Trey, again my problem is why has this FO let it come to this...you Knew Daks contract was comming up why not have some QB's in camp that CAN play.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As I said,

I don’t need a decade worth of loser to recognize a loser.

Unlike you Dak fans I am capable of changing my mind about someone.
All you needed was one bad game to move on from Lance because you live in the moment. You were carrying on about him like he was some prodigy, claiming he was our future and now you’re giving up on him. Lol If there were four preseason games and he played great this coming weekend you would be back on the Trey Lance bandwagon. Lol Dak is 10 times better than Lance will ever be. Roger Staubach is the only Cowboys QB that has a higher winning percentage than him. Dak has the 5th highest career passer rating in NFL history. His numbers and winning percentage are as good as any of the top QBs in the league. If the Cowboys had a good enough team that showed up in the playoffs they could win it all with Dak. You fans that pin our problems entirely on him need to learn football. You and the rest of this fan base isn’t going to be happy with any QB until the Cowboys build great playoff teams that are committed to being the best. No QB is going to win in the playoffs when it gets thrown entirely on their shoulders because of no running game and a defense that’s being manhandled.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
All you needed was one bad game to move on from Lance because you live in the moment. You were carrying on about him like he was some prodigy, claiming he was our future and now you’re giving up on him. Lol If there were four preseason games and he played great this coming weekend you would be back on the Trey Lance bandwagon. Lol Dak is 10 times better than Lance will ever be. Roger Staubach is the only Cowboys QB that has a higher winning percentage than him. Dak has the 5th highest career passer rating in NFL history. His numbers and winning percentage are as good as any of the top QBs in the league. If the Cowboys had a good enough team that showed up in the playoffs they could win it all with Dak. You fans that pin our problems entirely on him need to learn football. You and the rest of this fan base isn’t going to be happy with any QB until the Cowboys build great playoff teams that are committed to being the best. No QB is going to win in the playoffs when it gets all thrown entirely on their shoulders because they can’t run the football and play defense.
This FO has not shown the ability to build that team.....

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
How? Cowboys cut him and no one picked him up. So I don't know where you getting half of the league at. Hell Cowboys have the chance to sign him to a long term deal now......

We let him hit waivers that off season after he went 5-1 and no body brought him to camp...thats is a fact, again i think most see what we see his arm is just not that good. Even with his arm he is miles ahead of Trey, again my problem is why has this FO let it come to this...you Knew Daks contract was comming up why nmot have some QB's in camp that CAN play.
My bad...you are right that we did and no one took up. I had my wires crossed.

That said...my eye test tells me Rush can start on most teams if they got over their current draft pick crush. Again, you're not making a long-term investment in him (franchise), but that's the issue many of these teams have. They are not looking for a starter, they are looking for "franchise"...but if you look at competent starters...many of these teams are wishing on a star. Cooper Rush is better than the guy they currently have, but they see upside. Sometimes the upside never happens.

For example, Carson Wentz is a backup....way more highly touted and physical gifts than Cooper Rush. But if you were to ask me who I want as my backup/starter if Dak went down...it's easily Cooper Rush for me. So again...saying Trey Lance can't beat out Cooper Rush is no dis. Cooper Rush is no slouch...that's my point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This FO has not shown the ability to build that team.....
The Joneses coddle their players too much. They should’ve ripped them after the Green Bay debacle. We showed against a bad Arizona team in week three that we weren’t committed to being a championship team. You’re not going to get far with a team that doesn’t show up every week and starts giving up when they get punched in the mouth.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He is not starting over Drake Maye lol. On no planet.

Rush isn't starting material. He's a backup who can come in and keep things afloat. But he can't win you games. He's a backup. The point was Lance can't beat himout and that says more about Lance then it does Rush. Cowboys don't want to take 3 QB's with them. They'd rather save that roster spot.

The burden should be on you being you are the one who said he can start for 15 teams in this league. You didn't name the 15.

Rush is just a guy. Just a guy is better than a bad QB. Yes. But Minshew is just a guy who I would rather have than Rush.

Nobody ran from you you the one who replied to me in defense of Lance. He’s worse than Rush. Rush nobody signed when he was available. You one of these dudes who think if you have a star on your helmet you are better then everyone else but they not. Every team has a Cooper Rush on their bench.
Did better than Dak with the same team. It burns you, but it's true. In fact, Dak was raving about how much he learned by watching Rush. No Rush is not "better" than Dak, but that wasn't my original point. The point is that Rush could start for many teams who are in the carousel of QBs. Cooper Rush has been with the team since 2017...there's no shame in being behind a guy who is a proven winner in this league and would get the nod over many scrubs if the competition was fair.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We let him hit waivers that off season after he went 5-1 and no body brought him to camp...thats is a fact, again i think most see what we see his arm is just not that good. Even with his arm he is miles ahead of Trey, again my problem is why has this FO let it come to this...you Knew Daks contract was comming up why not have some QB's in camp that CAN play.
Summed up perfectly.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
All you needed was one bad game to move on from Lance because you live in the moment. You were carrying on about him like he was some prodigy, claiming he was our future and now you’re giving up on him. Lol If there were four preseason games and he played great this coming weekend you would be back on the Trey Lance bandwagon. Lol Dak is 10 times better than Lance will ever be. Roger Staubach is the only Cowboys QB that has a higher winning percentage than him. Dak has the 5th highest career passer rating in NFL history. His numbers and winning percentage are as good as any of the top QBs in the league. If the Cowboys had a good enough team that showed up in the playoffs they could win it all with Dak. You fans that pin our problems entirely on him need to learn football. You and the rest of this fan base isn’t going to be happy with any QB until the Cowboys build great playoff teams that are committed to being the best. No QB is going to win in the playoffs when it gets thrown entirely on their shoulders because of no running game and a defense that’s being manhandled.
I like how you talked about all that Dak winning then when you get to the playoffs it becomes a team thing finally.

And passer rating? Watson is #3, Cousins is #8, Jimmy G #10.

You’re reaching, Dak fan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did better than Dak with the same team. It burns you, but it's true. In fact, Dak was raving about how much he learned by watching Rush. No Rush is not "better" than Dak, but that wasn't my original point. The point is that Rush could start for many teams who are in the carousel of QBs. Cooper Rush has been with the team since 2017...there's no shame in being behind a guy who is a proven winner in this league and would get the nod over many scrubs if the competition was fair.
How did he do better with the same team Dak had?

He had a 58 percent completion percentage which is one of the worst in the league and passed for 5 TD's and 3 Interceptions lol while averaging a whomping .7 yards per rush attempt.

Come on OG SCHOOL ME and take me to class fam. You not on it this morning.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
not upset at all. I dont let you guys get under my skin for the most part. I quoted you with a fact you responded with nonsense and tried to change the context of the conversation. Its all good I understand. enjoy your day.
Whatever you need to tell urself for your hypocritical take

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My bad...you are right that we did and no one took up. I had my wires crossed.

That said...my eye test tells me Rush can start on most teams if they got over their current draft pick crush. Again, you're not making a long-term investment in him (franchise), but that's the issue many of these teams have. They are not looking for a starter, they are looking for "franchise"...but if you look at competent starters...many of these teams are wishing on a star. Cooper Rush is better than the guy they currently have, but they see upside. Sometimes the upside never happens.

For example, Carson Wentz is a backup....way more highly touted and physical gifts than Cooper Rush. But if you were to ask me who I want as my backup/starter if Dak went down...it's easily Cooper Rush for me. So again...saying Trey Lance can't beat out Cooper Rush is no dis. Cooper Rush is no slouch...that's my point.
Wentz is a nut case. I wouldn't intentionally have him start or back up for me either.

Rush a guy. Your eye test is failing you or grading on a curve because he has a star on his helmet. He's a JAG. He also couldn't beat out Sam Darnold either. Not beating out Dak or Purdy....fair enough. Not beating out Sam Darnold or Cooper Rush is a travesty.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Wow...you're gone bro.

Look just because you have undying loyalty for Dak doesn't mean the rest of us need to have undying loyalty to the player we want to replace him. Can't speak for @MountaineerCowboy, but I'm loyal to a standard. I respect that he's seen enough...although I would give Trey more time/training/attention. I would not give him more money though...and that decision is coming soon.

That said, you keep hiding behind IRRELEVANT NUMBERS. Confidence is a zero sum game...either you have it - and they have it in you - or they don't. Period. Equivocation is a lack of confidence in the NFL. The organization, the players, his teammates have all expressed and experienced DOUBTS about Dak...and you trying to hide behind "best since xyz" is poppycock. It's a distraction from the issue of CONFIDENCE.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Wentz is a nut case. I wouldn't intentionally have him start or back up for me either.

Rush a guy. Your eye test is failing you or grading on a curve because he has a star on his helmet. He's a JAG. He also couldn't beat out Sam Darnold either. Not beating out Dak or Purdy....fair enough. Not beating out Sam Darnold or Cooper Rush is a travesty.
NO...you're trying to create ARTIFICIAL separation between Dak and Rush because Dak doesn't have real accomplishments to stand on. He took Dak's team and did as well and so now you crap on Rush at every turn. Again, I'm not saying Dak is better than Rush...Rush has some physical limitations. But when a few of us say the same about Dak - he's no scrub, but he's not as physically talented as the top QBs in the league - yall get mad and defensive. But unlike you, I'm not inflating Rush's accomplishments by saying he is a viable/potential starter on the QB carousel for half the teams in the league who are not set at the position.

Dak is a JAG too. He can win some games if you put talent around him, but we're about to see what he can do when he has no #1 and you ask him to win without a run game. That's why you are running around crying about free agency AND paying Dak at the same time. Dak can't do it alone...he's a JAG. So is Rush...just a bustdown Dak.