McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
After having Troy Aikman and Tony Romo, why are the Jones’ so enamored by inaccurate QB’s. Seems like they would know better.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It is his 4th season, but he missed a lot of football because of the broken hand (2021) and leg (2022)

And he’s young. 24?

They obviously have QB1 plans for Trey.
So excuses co tinder.

And it's your wishful thinking on him being QB1

And his ceiling ain't thar high...

The mistakes he makes is reading defenses and thar happens in film room....so his hand was broke...and what about the other 2 years?

And what is his celing?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Overly critical of Dak comes with the territory. My point is that same criticism isn’t given to Lance.
I’ve been defending Dak on this site since 2016 when people claimed he’s not capable of throwing for over 200 yards consistently.

Lance is a 4 year pro and a project lol. Dak struggled in real game and Lance struggles in preseason games. They aren’t alike.
Dak played a full college career and then got 1st string snaps in games & practice after Romo went down. Lance was never prepared to be in the situations he was thrown into. Agreed, they aren't alike.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It is his 4th season, but he missed a lot of football because of the broken hand (2021) and leg (2022)

And he’s young. 24?

They obviously have QB1 plans for Trey.

He's 24, So how many more QBs his age need as much time to figure out whether or they can be a reliable starting QB in the NFL? There's still a ton of questions surrounding Lance. He still had chances to win back the job with the 49ers and they didn't even see enough in him to keep him as their back up. How many years should Lance get to even show he can develop into a legitimate NFL QB. Where there are some QBs around his age are way more advanced in the most important QB attribute areas than Lance is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak played a full college career and then got 1st string snaps in games & practice after Romo went down. Lance was never prepared to be in the situations he was thrown into. Agreed, they aren't alike.
How long are you guys gonna use this excuse? Next year too right since he won’t play any football next season? Not sure why people don’t use that as a reason why he may never be able to play in this league. Maybe his lack of experience will always hinder him. Nope. Once he gets 60 games played maybe then he will be Jordan Love.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's 24, So how many more QBs his age need as much time to figure out whether or they can be a reliable starting QB in the NFL? There's still a ton of questions surrounding Lance. He still had chances to win back the job with the 49ers and they didn't even see enough in him to keep him as their back up. How many years should Lance get to even show he can develop into a legitimate NFL QB. Where there are some QBs around his age are way more advanced in the most important QB attribute areas than Lance is.
Lance and his team finessed everyone into thinking he’s something he’s not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody thinks Lance has pulled the wool over anybody's eyes, they are hoping the team can strike lightning in a bottle. Right now, we all know what he is
Oh they for sure did. His limited play is why San Fran used 3 first rounders on him. They for sure got finessed.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How long are you guys gonna use this excuse? Next year too right since he won’t play any football next season? Not sure why people don’t use that as a reason why he may never be able to play in this league. Maybe his lack of experience will always hinder him. Nope. Once he gets 60 games played maybe then he will be Jordan Love.
What excuse? Just facts. If it's right to be patient with a promising player at any other position, why isn't it right with Trey?

Who knows what he will ever become but it's pretty clear he's progressing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The best ones are the ones who can run...I think you know who they are and don't need me to figure it out for you. Through the elderly eyes of Jerry, my guess is he think he has a diamond in the rough with the pedigree of these guys
Really? And what have they won? Is mahomes a running QB? How about Brady or Stafford. Seeminly none of these running QBs can win.

I guess being able to throw the ball is for whatever reason unbeknownst me is less important than running ability. Perhaps somebody will take a RB and make them a QB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What excuse? Just facts. If it's right to be patient with a promising player at any other position, why isn't it right with Trey?

Who knows what he will ever become but it's pretty clear he's progressing.
He’s progressing to what? He threw 5 picks in a preseason game lol. It’s never happened in 30 years.

Nothing wrong with hoping the best for him I hope he progresses I just don’t know what his ceiling is.

But his lack of experience isn’t a reason to be optimistic it should be a concerned.