McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

Reaction score

The Cowboys understand that Trey Lance needs game time, but they appear very satisfied with his progress to date.

"He continually gets better every time you give him a chance," McCarthy told reporters via The Athletic's Jon Machota. "I think that says a lot about him. He's just a young guy that needs to play. I think he'll play in this league for a long time." (AZ Sports)

As far as Jerry Jones, he was quoted as saying, “I saw some good, and I saw some things you’d like to have back,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, per Pro Football Talk. “I hate that those five interceptions are going to be a stat on a game that I couldn’t have asked for more reps and a better situation to watch him play. He needed that because the one thing he’s missing more than anything is the lack of reps much less NFL reps. Certainly, we’re planning on him being on our roster for sure.”(Trevor Woods,Yardbarker)

Yesterday's outing was more than likely one in which Lance was encouraged to take chances in order to learn what he could and couldn't do.

Lance can't sniff the talent, decision making and leadership of Prescott. Remarkable how well Prescott has played in spite of an incompetent front office. Folks that want Prescott gone are absolutely nuts - and will get what they deserve if and when it happens.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Really? And what have they won? Is mahomes a running QB? How about Brady or Stafford. Seeminly none of these running QBs can win.

I guess being able to throw the ball is for whatever reason unbeknownst me is less important than running ability. Perhaps somebody will take a RB and make them a QB
Let me help you out here, and I must have to speel everthing out. QB's that can run is what Jerry is seeing not necessarily "runing qb's." There are numerous examples of these guys that Jerry can watch daily and salivate over the potential of having one on his team. Does that help?

starfan1

Reaction score
Well I mean it must hurt the moral of the team when their "leader" throws to early picks (one being a pick 6)

Its like ....... here we go again.
that has been debated all off season. If their psyche is that weak they don't belong in the league. we can argue to till the cows come home about how the game played out. It don't matter whether you favor the Dak lost it narrative or the defense sucked narrative or the all of the above narrative if you are going to quit like Dlaw and someone said youre part of the problem. Anyway time to move on

phildadon86

Reaction score
Meh.

I'm not impressed with anything except his running ability and arm cannon after that last game.

His poor decision making really irked me.

I don't need to watch him for 8 more years to judge him properly.

On to the draft.
Im with you on this.

However. This upcoming draft is TERRIBLE for QBs.

This FO again failed to capitalize on a draft with a few QBs who can be something.

If they then pay Dak after sitting out of free agency. I dont know what I will think.

starfan1

Reaction score
So it only applies to the rest of the team ....... ok
why is it you guys just look for a dak argument? If dak quit then yes but hes not the one that said it now was he that was DLaw. You brought this up below. You are such a one trick pony its laughable. dont worry it looks like you only have 1 more year of dak then you can find something else to complain about. I got a 10:30 meeting I got to step into so that will end this conversation that probably shouldn't be in this thread
Well I mean it must hurt the moral of the team when their "leader" throws to early picks (one being a pick 6)

Its like ....... here we go again.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If your being honest no way he is a better backup NFL QB to win games than Rush....let that sink in...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let me help you out here, and I must have to speel everthing out. QB's that can run is what Jerry is seeing not necessarily "runing qb's." There are numerous examples of these guys that Jerry can watch daily and salivate over the potential of having one on his team. Does that help?
ok, so its jerry dreaming about something that may or maynot translate into post season success. well, Jerry is been fiddling with this thing for 28 years and failing

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
ok, so its jerry dreaming about something that may or maynot translate into post season success. well, Jerry is been fiddling with this thing for 28 years and failing
you got it now, lol. Me as a fan am envious of young QB talent out there and after the Dak experiment was pretty good, I am smart enough to realize it's time for a change. That being said, there is but 1 Patty, and my list of QB's although lenghty, also has lots to prove when games count

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Can you name the 15 or so teams he can start for please?
Sure. The teams that currently have their "Trey Lance" starting but would quickly upgrade if 1) the arrow isn't pointing up on their current guy and 2) they had a chance at the playoffs. This happens every year. It's all dependent up on the available QBs...but there only like 12-14 locked in/competent QBs...and the rest are on a carousel. And Rush could definitely step in and do what Baker Mayfield does...or some of these other stop-gap backups like Menshew.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's no dis. Cooper Rush is a top backup in the league..which by definition means he can start for about half the league.
How? Cowboys cut him and no one picked him up. So I don't know where you getting half of the league at. Hell Cowboys have the chance to sign him to a long term deal now......