McCarthy is not the right head coach for the Cowboys

CCBoy

Reaction score
Micromanaging???? Jerry doesn’t even manage and the only biases are the stand pat and see what happens.
More filling up with hot air....this has no damn thing about Jerry or other posters!

As much of the real storylines involve:

MVP - Micah Parsons This actually wasn't as easy as you might think. Yes, obviously Parsons is an absolute menace who should be in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year, but names like Osa Odighizuwa and DeMarcus Lawrence popped up in my head as well. That said, the answer remains Parsons, especially after seeing him pressure Justin Herbert eight times and then overcoming an offsides penalty on the final drive to deliver a sack on the very next play that ultimately helped lead the Cowboys to a 4-2 record.

Biggest Surprise - Markquese Bell — There was a lot of justifiable hype surrounding rookie linebacker DeMarvion Overshown, who was a star in training camp before suffering a torn ACL in the preseason. The loss of the former Longhorn left the Cowboys looking for someone to step into that specific hybrid safety-linebacker role, and Bell was tossed the keys. It's almost like he was born to play it, despite being lighter than traditional LBs. His speed and quickness leaps off of the tape and, as seen in his domination of the Chargers and Austin Ekeler, the former FAMU talent is just getting started.

The team coming together.

Didn't think there was any touchstone above, with the term micromanage. EFFECTIVENESS BEING MISSED! :popcorn: Good night, son...

CCBoy

Reaction score
There are problems on this team that are Football 101. They make mistakes mediocre coached college teams don't.

For example, when you take motion out of the offense to help prevent pre-snap penalties, there is a problem.
Discipline and reinforcing procedure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Saving grace is still changes can be effected at any point. The NFL is still that dynamic in potentials.

The Cowboys have been directed to fast and talented...although when big and dominant, they have won. A mixture is now sought...that has to always grow in a team picture.

It’s unfortunate that you can’t deal with the truth.
Ditto sorry man you can't handle the truth..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Strange that Quinn has stayed, Jerry may of promised him the job if MM was let go. Just speculation
I'm just saying Dan Quinn is being a little overrated right now I don't see what he can do here that Mike McCarthy isn't doing right now I mean I'm watching Dan Quinn side of the ball make just as many mental errors have just as much responsibilities in the two losses and if we look at his head coaching stint with the Falcons he blew a lot of games which by the way do you remember last year the two big leads with the Jaguars and the Packers and add in all the games that he can't stop the run that's all rearing its ugly head again this year... So the assumption he just gets the head coaching job seamlessly to me is ridiculous just break it all up all new coaches 100% maybe even a new quarterback if you wanna purge you go full purge if not you literally need to stick with Mike McCarthy and Prescott and and roll with it until the windows fully sealed shut... No sense removing one or two pieces I mean that's like opening up two boxes of puzzles and trying to use some puzzle pieces from another another puzzle doesn't work we've seen that around here too much..

Brax

Reaction score
More filling up with hot air....this has no damn thing about Jerry or other posters!

As much of the real storylines involve:

MVP - Micah Parsons This actually wasn't as easy as you might think. Yes, obviously Parsons is an absolute menace who should be in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year, but names like Osa Odighizuwa and DeMarcus Lawrence popped up in my head as well. That said, the answer remains Parsons, especially after seeing him pressure Justin Herbert eight times and then overcoming an offsides penalty on the final drive to deliver a sack on the very next play that ultimately helped lead the Cowboys to a 4-2 record.

Biggest Surprise - Markquese Bell — There was a lot of justifiable hype surrounding rookie linebacker DeMarvion Overshown, who was a star in training camp before suffering a torn ACL in the preseason. The loss of the former Longhorn left the Cowboys looking for someone to step into that specific hybrid safety-linebacker role, and Bell was tossed the keys. It's almost like he was born to play it, despite being lighter than traditional LBs. His speed and quickness leaps off of the tape and, as seen in his domination of the Chargers and Austin Ekeler, the former FAMU talent is just getting started.

The team coming together.

Didn't think there was any touchstone above, with the term micromanage. EFFECTIVENESS BEING MISSED! :popcorn: Good night, son...
Keep believing and have mom wipe your tears at season end. Of course you have madden you and your buds can play.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jerry is our phantom hc and has been for decades. Look at all the type B personality types he’s hired. The Dallas hc has no authority to hire their own staff. Wade Phillips was named the hc after Jerry named Carrot Top the off coordinator. Jerry put a gag order on Phillips for a time. Dave Campo lol.

Jerry calls most of the shots and the hc is a figurehead w authority over game time clock management and little more. Craig Miller (the ticket Dallas radio) said he wished Jerry had the balls to just put the hc whistle on and stand on the sidelines to actually be on the field hc. But Miller then mentioned Jerry won’t ever do that because the hc is always the scapegoat, always the fall guy for Jerry’s micromanagement of the hc.

This is Jerry’s mess and as far as we’ve come with drafting better and improving the roster, having a toothless lion for a hc (players don’t respect any hc in the Jerry system) is crippling and has continued to be at or near the top of the list of why we suck in the playoffs.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep stand pat and let’s hope, why take a chance on upgrading anywhere we beat up the dreg teams. Of course you have to be a coach that’s willing to sell what self respect you have, parrot what Jerry says and don’t rock the boat as well as have a scapegoat ready every season, basically in it for the paycheck kinda coach and Jerry is happy with that Jerry’s the star in Dallas and F&F is the hiring mode and all bow to Jerry the legend.
Exactly. Risk-Reward analysis.
Exact same thing holds true for the QB position.
Stand pat with relevance and know that your team ceiling is division round at best or actually take the risk at getting someone that is better at the HC and QB position.

All depends on this Front Office decision making philosophy that has kept us in head coach and quarterback purgatory for so long.

No risk no reward.
If it fails. So be it.
At least they FINALLY tried something different.

jmo

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The McCarthy hire wasn't a sexy hire, I don't think most retread coaches that got fired are. However, it was a logical hire.. Proven coach with a good career record and playoff success.

I think Mike is a good motivator who players like and brings a more resilient culture than the prior coaches. He's led this team to 2 straight 12 win seasons and back to back playoff appearences. No coach since Barry Switzer has done that.

However, I don't think McCarthy is a nuanced details guy and probably needs an assistant coach that can do that for him. Hey Mike, this play didn't work because the look didn't move the LB or S to any area to open the play up. If we add motion and have this player run the route 3 yards this way it gives us a better chance.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly. Risk-Reward analysis.
Exact same thing holds true for the QB position.
Stand pat with relevance and know that your team ceiling is division round at best or actually take the risk at getting someone that is better at the HC and QB position.

All depends on this Front Office decision making philosophy that has kept us in head coach and quarterback purgatory for so long.

No risk no reward.
If it fails. So be it.
At least they FINALLY tried something different.

jmo
If Jerry is set on Dak then he needs to find a HC OC that can hide Dak’s shortcomings. The problem is those types aren’t yes men and Jerry isn’t having non of that. He’d rather take a washed liar lazy easily controlled type coach who who knows the magic word, yes.

StarLord

Reaction score
Despicable
  • 2021 = 141 penalties (most in the NFL)
  • 2022 = 113 penalties (3rd-most in the NFL)
  • 2023 = 46 penalties (most in the NFL
But didn't he have like the least penalties in the league with Green Bay? I recall something like that.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No one is capable of counteracting the Jones family taint. They are like herpes.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Jerry is set on Dak then he needs to find a HC OC that can hide Dak’s shortcomings. The problem is those types aren’t yes men and Jerry isn’t having non of that. He’d rather take a washed liar lazy easily controlled type coach who who knows the magic word, yes.
That person doesn’t exist.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Jerruh is still going to be the one hiring Mike McCarthy's supposed replacement.
No thanks, I'll stick with what we got.