McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok who is the guy insulting him? Since you don’t know what it means I’ll ask him because even a google search doesn’t come up with anything. You have a tendency to make something out of nothing…
You mean like you are doing here.

You claimed you saw it and thought it was a contraction. Now your saying you don;t know who it is.

Exposed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You mean like you are doing here.

You claimed you saw it and thought it was a contraction. Now your saying you don;t know who it is.

Exposed.
You’re lying. What I said was

I’m asking you what does it mean? I’ve seen plenty or guys use it not just one particular poster. What does the name mean to you?

I verbatim said I did not see one particular poster use it I saw a few people…..

So what did you expose other then your comprehension?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re lying. What I said was

I verbatim said I did not see one particular poster use it I saw a few people…..

So what did you expose other then your comprehension?
So who was it?

You don;t remember?

But you remember my history of "never seen a positive post".

Exposed.

And let's say for the sake of argument...you don't know. Any Lance thread...several at the top...has him.

I can tell you the ONLY *TWO* I have seen....it is certainly not "a few".

exposed.

Now stop making something out of nothing sheesh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So who was it?

You don;t remember?

But you remember my history of "never seen a positive post".

Exposed.

And let's say for the sake of argument...you don't know. Any Lance thread...several at the top...has him.

I can tell you the ONLY *TWO* I have seen....it is certainly not "a few".

exposed.

Now stop making something out of nothing sheesh.
There are is more than one guy on this site who calls him Trance. I didn’t study who calls him that. All I asked you is what does it mean and you’ve yet to tell me. All you keep doing is deflecting and trying to find this ulterior motive that’s not that. If you don’t know what it means then ok. Just say that. But this back and forth is tired and meaningless.

Chasing6

Reaction score
One year starters in college.
Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez
Mitch Trubisky
Dwayne Haskins

I am sure there are others.
Not all did great, but most had or have a decent career and not a total bust.

Ryan Tannenhill had a little over 1 year playing in college.
Kurt Warner, started 1 year at Northern Iowa. And if not for an injury to Trent Green would nat have ever had any success.
Matt Cassell never started a game in college.

Some with a little more experience in college but weren't great QB's at the time.
Tom Brady was mediocre in college, and went until the 6th round.
Brett Favre was a mediocre college QB as well
Phil Simms, Brad Johnson
Kyle Murray played 29 game in College - A&M and Oklahoma. Murray threw for 10,000+ yards in HS.

Cam Newton played 20 games Florida and Auburn. At 16 Cam threw for 2,300 yards 23 TD's and ran for 638 yards and 9 TD's as a sophomore in HS.

Mark Sanchez played played 27 games at USC. Mark was 14-0 as a Senior, threw for 2,400 yards and 23 TD's as a Senior.

Trubisky started 31 at North Carolina. In HS Trubisky threw for 9,000+ yard, 92 TD's and ran for 1,500 yards and 33 TD's.

Haskins started 22 games at Ohio State. In HS threw for 4,500 yards, 45 TD's.

Now let's compare them to Trance. Started 1 year at North Dakota State. In HS he played 9 games and threw for 1,000 yards, 53 completions and 10 TD's. Ran for 400 yards and 5 TD's.

Not much of a comparison.

Chasing6

Reaction score
lmao !! This article is basically Dallas way of saying, welcome to the Trey Lance Era , and the DakDavidians see it as Dak winning and getting paid more ??

Someone is gonna make a killing selling sleep pills to the Chokota Davidians
How does the preseason become and era???

Do tell???

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Context matters. If they didnt strike gold with Purdy hed still be there in all likelihood.

I'm not proclaiming him to be anything. Only saying it's super incomplete to go off his "career" numbers. Hes just getting started.

I don't understand why so many of yall are so eager to crap all over Lance, but I'd like to see him play before joining in. There is NOTHING wrong with working on his throwing motion.
Not sold they have struck gold with Purdy. He’s been good but the same thing happened with him in the SB against KC that happened with Jimmy G against KC in the SB. Neither could make a play with the game on the line allowing Mahomes to beat them in the end. I’m not crapping on Lance but the odds of him being our next longterm starting QB is highly unlikely. There’s one fan predicting Lance will take over for Dak during the 2024 season and lead us deep into the playoffs. I crapped on that thought because it’s just some fan being stupid if they actually believe that. I would like to see Lance play but I have no expectations with him. Some fans want Dak gone so bad they’ll take any QB over him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Context matters. If they didnt strike gold with Purdy hed still be there in all likelihood.

I'm not proclaiming him to be anything. Only saying it's super incomplete to go off his "career" numbers. Hes just getting started.

I don't understand why so many of yall are so eager to crap all over Lance, but I'd like to see him play before joining in. There is NOTHING wrong with working on his throwing motion.
I don't agree. If they seen something, they would have kept him as the back up QB.

Why would you pay Darnold for 1 year at $4.5M, when Trance was only $945,000??? Then have to look for another back up the next year?

Now they are paying Josh Dobbs $2.5M for 1 year who has to learn the offense.

You would think Trance would have had the offense down by now going into year 4.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't agree. If they seen something, they would have kept him as the back up QB.

Why would you pay Darnold for 1 year at $4.5M, when Trance was only $945,000??? Then have to look for another back up the next year?

You would think Trance would have had the offense down by now going into year 4.
Trey had a $5 million dollar for this year then they would have had to make the decision for $25 million to pick up his 5th year option.
It was more future money driven than as if Darnold was a better QB. They rolled the dice as for Purdy getting injured again. So took what they could get in a trade.

It had nothing to do with the better back up QB. Darnold was never going to be there longer than a year anyway. They broke even on the money.

CWR

Reaction score

Because he wasn't capable of back up. He was developmental and they realized if Purdy went down he couldn't be relied on.

Being developmental doesn't make you bad, it makes you green, raw. Lance needed more time and he still might suck.

That's to be determined.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he wasn't capable of back up. He was developmental and they realized if Purdy went down he couldn't be relied on.

Being developmental doesn't make you bad, it makes you green, raw. Lance needed more time and he still might suck.

That's to be determined.
You'd think this would be simple, right?

Chasing6

Reaction score

That's to be determined.
A top 3 pick being developmental is bad. The expectations that were put on him with his lack of playing time were extremely unrealistic.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He really has no idea. This is from the fourth paragraph of the article cited in the OP:
I know exactly what I am talking about. He attempted to give us a look at what theNiners offense would look like with his time that. How did that work out for us. Other than he played on the scout time when we played running QB's.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know exactly what I am talking about. He attempted to give us a look at what theNiners offense would look like with his time that. How did that work out for us. Other than he played on the scout time when we played running QB's.
Are you senile, or just don't know what the hell you are talking about? You have been adamant in other posts saying he never played on the scout team, now you are saying he did? Yeah, he has your brain in a Trance for damn sure!

CWR

Reaction score
A top 3 pick being developmental is bad. The expectations that were put on him with his lack of playing time were extremely unrealistic.
I dont disagree, but it wasn't our top 3 pick. He's our fourth. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved a RB in the fourth.

conner01

Reaction score
The mistake was made by the 49ers giving 3 first round picks for him lol everyone knew he needed a lot of development