McCarthy's message to fans: Buy into us

phildadon86

Reaction score
McCarthy said one team played to a standard and the other did not…Is that why we saw fat mike giving dak a back rub halfway through the game instead of chewing his a** and others out? None of this makes sense people!

I clearly outlined fat Mike’s problems earlier in the season and very few agreed.

1)unable to motivate
2)unable to manage clock
3)unable to discipline (most penalized team in NFL)
4)unable to make successful challenge
5)UNABLE TO COACH…..PERIOD!!!!!!!

Nothing has changed, nothing will change, we are headed to the bottom of the ocean. WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!
I was more motivated listening to an 80 year old Jimmy Johnson at halftime than anything Mike has said in 4 years.

kwcool619

Reaction score
After hearing this I am reminded of the rap battle in the movie '8 mile' when Eminem's character, Rabbit battled with Lotto:
'Blah badi boo blah, blah blah badi bloo blah, I ain't heard a word you said. Hippity hoopla'

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Give us a reason Mike and maybe we'll buy into it.

We already know what 2024 will be. They will beat the snot out of all the bad teams, probably win 12 games again since sweeping the NFC East looks very likely.

And.............then the playoffs will come and there are no more cupcakes to get fat on.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
heck what more can he do. he got rid of Kellen who couldn't fix the dak, then he tried to fix the dak. Both failed, he might look into getting another OC to fix the dak.
The guy did miracles with the dak.

what can you do with a choker?

Asklesko

Reaction score
Buy into you? Man, proximity to JJ has turned MM into a snake oil salesman too

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Look guys, blame me, point the finger at me. But also, Kellen didn't run the ball enough. I'm going to take back the play calling. I used to call plays in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers said I was too predictable, especially in the playoffs. Have you guys noticed that here?

Also, I'm heavy analytics. Except for when I trust my gut. Then, if my gut is wrong, I can point how the matchups didn't go our way. We will spend the week making the corrections. You won't notice any change the next time, but trust me, we corrected it. I smashed a watermelon, and everyone said how motivated they were. They must have forgotten about the watermelons when Green Bay took it to us.

Did you guys know I coached Joe Montana?

Fraud owners surrounding themselves with fraud coaches.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They knew going into the season

1) that they were thin at LB.
2) that they needed another RB to pair with Pollard.
3) that the OL run blocking scheme needed to be better.

They didn't improve any of these. They better use free agency to fix the first two.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No. I don't think I will.

You lost me Mike, and if you can lose a fan like me you can lose anyone. Earn it.
:hammer: .....Jerry cemented this franchise as the leagues biggest joke. The number of memes this week are unreal. The Cowboys are the butt of every joke on the internet.

Way to go Jerry....That's gonna be your legacy in the end.

Couldn't make the right decision when the truth is starring you in the face.

He just can't admit a mistake....and move on...

In the end Jerry will be the Captain of the Titanic....riding this hunk of metal to the bottom.

And in a sick way....you get the impression...maybe that's what he wants.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
My care is at an all time low. Always love them but I don’t expect anything anymore. Too many horrific losses the last 10 years alone

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
And in a sick way....you get the impression...maybe that's what he wants.
I don't think that's what he wants.

He's afraid, has perpetually been afraid, of hitting a reset button and taking the hit for two or three years that it would take to get a fresh start. He doesn't feel he has time for it and hasn't in a long while.

He always feels like they're ALMOST there and all he needs to do is make a few changes, extend some contracts, bring in a few hole plugging budget free agents and they'll get there.

The irony is that continuing to do that just pushes the day where that will inevitably be necessary farther into the future. He won't acknowledge that's a day that comes for all teams, sometimes many times. So he keeps trying one more year, which ends up actually just being a year wasted against his ever running out ticking clock.

The way of the modern NFL is sometimes you have to reset, open the cap space, get the premium picks and reload. That sometimes means shedding good players that you don't want to lose, that sometimes means dumping good coaches who just aren't getting it done. Sometimes you have to shed a Tony Dungy, or a Mike McCarthy, guys who you like and your players like and who win games to find the right fit to get what you really want.

Jerry's not going to figure that out. He really really does like his guys and he wants to see good things happen for them. His downfall is that he can't bring the practical, pragmatic and cold side to being a GM that is sometimes required to get a championship.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well lets see.

30 years of no accountability but next year will be different moto.