McCarthy's message to fans: Buy into us

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would have been so happy had McCarthy said they hadn't earned the fans trust, they shouldnt buy into them yet, and it's up to the Cowboys to get that trust back this offseason and with their play in 2024. This whole nonsense about how everything is perfectly in place and they are on the right path is what makes me sick. How do you fix a problem that you cant even acknowledge is there?

Creeper

Reaction score
My answer is no. I will not buy into it. Win a big playoff game and maybe then I will be convinced. Beat a good team on the road and maybe I will be convinced. Play with some urgency I might be convinced. Don't look so soft on defense.

If the Cowboys go 10-3 next year in their first 13 games I will assume they finish 10-7. Right now I think 10 wins is giving them too much credit. But, let's see what they do in the offseason to address their problems.

LoneStar84

Reaction score
Here’s what Mike said about Dak (sounds like Jerry made clear to him during their 3-hour meeting that they are sticking with Dak going forward):

"I believe in Dak Prescott. I think he's clearly the answer," McCarthy said. "He's part of the solution moving forward, and I think, as difficult as this time is right now, when we can work through this emotional period that we're in, we'll continue to build off of what he brings to the table."

Staubacher

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy to the fans: “I came to Dallas to win a world championship."

So did the endless line of coaches before you that came after Jimmy Johnson's team.

We bought into them and we bought into you the last 4 years too, yet here we are ...
Exactly. Like what coach doesn't say this or hope this?

ksadler1

Reaction score
I stopped buying into these guys when we had home field throughout and the Giants came into our stadium and knocked us off. The Giants went on to win the SB that year. I don't buy anything anymore, including Cowboys gear.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I would have been so happy had McCarthy said they hadn't earned the fans trust, they shouldnt buy into them yet, and it's up to the Cowboys to get that trust back this offseason and with their play in 2024. This whole nonsense about how everything is perfectly in place and they are on the right path is what makes me sick. How do you fix a problem that you cant even acknowledge is there?
Exactly. It's like they want to pretend GB didn't happen or it was just a crazy outlier to be forgotten.
They got boat raced multiple times during the regular season too

Staubacher

Reaction score
After hearing this I am reminded of the rap battle in the movie '8 mile' when Eminem's character, Rabbit battled with Lotto:
'Blah badi boo blah, blah blah badi bloo blah, I ain't heard a word you said. Hippity hoopla'
And the Police song:

De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
They're meaningless and all that's true

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
You failed every big test thrown at you. You got blown off the field by the 49ers and the packers. Our biggest rivals besides the eagles.

We deserve a big moment.

Every big game or big play has gone against us for decades.

bigE79

Reaction score
YnJvd24uZ2lm.gif
Not this year Lucy

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously Jethro bought it. And condition of him staying in place is selling it to public.

Fans always want to believe. It’s basic human instinct as most believe in something they’ve never seen.

John813

Reaction score
Quite possibly one of the most inspiring quotes from Mike McCarthy.

I mean, he said it's all there and to buy in? Man, I'm sold.

GORICO

Reaction score
Jerry: you want to keep your job, fat boy?
Fat Mike: of course , sir
Jerry: convince these idiots to spend more

Fat mike presser: buy into us! I know how to win
FAT FOOL...best i can say

GORICO

Reaction score
:rolleyes::facepalm: We deserve all the ridicule we get from people like SAS. We DO have the worst fane base in the history of sports. I didn't know this until I started posting here.
i changed my HOMERISM to Stephen A Smith....only thing that makes a lick of sense?