McClay Leads the Division in Drafting Pro Bowl Players

J-man

Reaction score
Will McClay is the main reason Dallas is a contender today and has been on the slow steady road to building a perennial powerhouse, like NE.
I know JJ is the GM and SJ is the, well whatever the hell he is, but Will McClay should get whatever title he damn very well pleases and all the $ and fame to go with it before he decides to go get it somewhere else.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is posting this after I posted the links to him of the NE sportswriters saying Easley was cut for his attitude and not the injuries.

And those were wrong too, and it was bolded and pointed out to you that these issues were related to injury treatments. Did you ignore it when I said it then or are you trying to ignore it now?

Pull them up again and I'll bold it for you again.

Sydla

Reaction score
How about some context here?

Here are the defensive lineman New England drafted from 2010 through 2016:

Brandon Deaderick
Kade Weston
Chandler Jones
Jake Bequette
Michael Buchanan
Dominique Easley
Zach Moore
Malcom Brown
Geneo Grissom
Trey Flowers
Vincent Valentine

Not one guy is still on the New England roster. Most are gone from the league. 1st round draft pick Easley was waived after two seasons in New England.

When we have Belichick, I guess this context will make more sense.

We shouldn’t be telling ourselves, hey this happened in NE, so it’s not that bad here.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And those were wrong too, and it was bolded and pointed out to you that these issues were related to injury treatments. Did you ignore it when I said it then or are you trying to ignore it now?

Pull them up again and I'll bold it for you again.

It appears Easley was released because of off-field issues, not for his performance on the defensive line. CSNNE.com’s Tom E. Curran reported Easley was released because of “philosophical differences on following injury programs, etc.”

CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora reported the release was “not a pure performance/football matter. Off field issues related to the decision to part w/ former top pick.”

FoxSports.com’s Peter Schrager reported the release was “more for off-field reasons than on. Nothing specific, at the moment.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2016/04/dominique-easley-released-by-patriots-due-to-off-field-issues-not-play/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears Easley was released because of off-field issues, not for his performance on the defensive line. CSNNE.com’s Tom E. Curran reported Easley was released because of “philosophical differences on following injury programs, etc.”

CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora reported the release was “not a pure performance/football matter. Off field issues related to the decision to part w/ former top pick.”

FoxSports.com’s Peter Schrager reported the release was “more for off-field reasons than on. Nothing specific, at the moment.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2016/04/dominique-easley-released-by-patriots-due-to-off-field-issues-not-play/

FOLLOWING INJURY PROGRAMS.

Thanks once again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FOLLOWING INJURY PROGRAMS.

Thanks once again.

But in all honesty Stash that has to do with the player not doing what the team is requesting as far as rehab.

There's a certain amount of "Taco" in that.

Easley had some "I'm right/the team is wrong" issues about him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said it's not that bad here?

The apologists. Like Machota and the guy who feels compelled to join in the damage control.

Do you honestly think that it is coincidence that Machota's mentions of McClay's track record, or this thread being created happened right after this team cut a 1st round draft pick after just two years? Seriously?

This is damage control and diversion, plain and simple, from the amateur Cowboys PR wannabes. Transparent at that.

I have no stomach for it and I never will. Maybe some people like being fooled, I'm not one of 'em.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But in all honesty Stash that has to do with the player not doing what the team is requesting as far as rehab.

There's a certain amount of "Taco" in that.

Easley had some "I'm right/the team is wrong" issues about him.

Maybe he did? I'm not suggesting he was any saint. I'm merely stating that the conditions with him involved injury while Taco's did not. I think I made that point clear earlier? If not, I hope it is now. The conditions between the two players were NOT the same. And that's crystal clear. But the excuse-makers want to gloss over those facts in their blind attempts to justify Taco's failure.

It's like a kid tattling on the other kid when he does something wrong. Equally childish.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's pathetic.

Because it's true?

Sorry if the truth hurts.

But what's truly "pathetic" are your continued attempts to ignore those facts because you feel compelled to excuse Cowboys failure, even if it means distorting the truth. That's "pathetic".

Kaiser

Reaction score
ut what's truly "pathetic" are your continued attempts to ignore those facts because you feel compelled to excuse Cowboys failure, even if it means distorting the truth. That's "pathetic".

Stash to his waiter: "My soup is cold, send it back"

Waiter: "We have other things on the menu, I can bring you something else that is quite good"

Stash: "WHY ARE YOU EXCUSING FOOD POISONING AND GENOCIDE???????"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash to his waiter: "My soup is cold, send it back"

Waiter: "We have other things on the menu, I can bring you something else that is quite good"

Stash: "WHY ARE YOU EXCUSING FOOD POISONING AND GENOCIDE???????"

@Kaiser

Stash: "The Cowboys cut a 1st round pick after just two years."

Kaiser: "Hey! Look over there!'

668.gif

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Interesting factoid for Jon Machota's article in The Athletic this morning:

McClay has helped draft six players who have gone on to make at least one Pro Bowl. The group, which consists of Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Byron Jones, Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott and Leighton Vander Esch, has combined for 13 Pro Bowl appearances, most of any team since 2014. The other three NFC East teams have combined for a total of 10. The same group of six stars has been named first- or second-team All-Pro a combined 10 times, which also tops all teams’ draft picks since 2014.

The only first-round miss in the bunch is Charlton.
Love ya Kaiser! Love your Kaiser Rolls editions!

Maybe I’m becoming more jaded, but I could care less about how many Pro Bowl players we’ve drafted. Many were invited to the Pro Bowl because their 1st choice was either playing in the upcoming Super Bowl, and we all know they are automatically opting not to play in that crap game, or injured and could not play, hence the “next man up”.

I want our good players to experience the big games! The end game... the pageantry of the Super Bowl. I want our fans to feel all of that too! Pro Bowl has become rather “meh”!

Just not interested.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Maybe I’m becoming more jaded, but I could care less about how many Pro Bowl players we’ve drafted.

Okay, Okay, I admit it. I just posted this thread to troll Stash.

Its like the "never read this website after a loss" rule, this pick was a disaster but the team is doing well and could very well win a Super Bowl this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash: "We cut Taco, this team can't draft!"

Kaiser "Every team makes mistakes, overall we are better than most under Will McClay"

Stash:

iu

I'm just not about to let you or anyone else try to sugarcoat this failure. You clearly feel the need. And I'll be there to shove the failure in your face every time you try.

Do whatever form of Damage Control and diversion in your own head that you need to in order for you to feel less bad about the fact that the team blew a 1st round draft pick after two years. Pretend that there's no connection when TJ Watt is sacking quarterbacks and making Pro Bowls. Tell yourself whatever lies you need to, just don't expect a free pass on it from me.

I don't like it when anyone tries to bull**** me, maybe you do?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
What a steaming pile of bull****.

Are you seriously expecting anybody other than a blind homer like yourself to not make the distinction between a player dealing with knee injuries placed on IR back to back years and a player that wasn't?

Do you seriously expect anyone to overlook your apples-to-oranges nonsense comparison?

If you don't know any better, that's your issue, that's your problem, that's your fault. The rest of us do.

source.gif
I notice you post without a shred of evidence that shows he was cut due to injuries. You can say it loud and often but that doesn’t make it true.