News: McFadden broke elbow in home accident *Update post 169*

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So many people writing DMC off for an unproven rookie. Many great college backs never pan out in the NFL. Prob an even higher percentage of Big 10 backs don't perform up to expectations. We better hope McFadden is back and ready for opening day.

That's a good point. Lawrence Phillips tore up the NCAA and then busted in the NFL. I think Zeke has a great chance to be an outstanding back, but you're right that there are no guarantees.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Question is - if he comes back at the end of TC, but is not ready, can he go on PUP to return ? So another 6 weeks right ? Doesn't cost them anything more than what they already owe him and its not like he will be tradable now.
EE, Morris (Yay) with Jackson as 3rd runner. See how that goes. Dunbar to PUP as well. When he returns, that is when the have a decision to make.
I like it, makes the choices at RB fairly simple right now, and gives Morris and Jackson plenty of rep's to see how they fit into the zone blocking scheme. Morris the backup, and Jackson to catch passes out of the back field .....

slick325

Reaction score
Hope he gets healthy soon. Never wish injury on anyone.

His "peanut brittle" nature is why I am glad Dallas invested in a top flight back.

Hardline

Reaction score
McFadden is the 2nd best RB on this team. He is not getting traded or cut.
He will be healthy before the season and already knows the play book.
His past injury history has no bearing on his health going into this season.
He was healthy last season. And he is a sure fire 1000 yard rusher if healthy again if given the opportunity. Which he won't.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Reminds me of Tony Dorsett dropping a heavy mirror on his toe and breaking it.

Except that Dorsett was a truly important piece of the team.

I remember Jeff Kent from the baseball Giants said he slipped while washing his truck and broke his wrist but was really stunt riding his motorcycle

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I remember Jeff Kent from the baseball Giants said he slipped while washing his truck and broke his wrist but was really stunt riding his motorcycle

Well, that is kind of the point. If it sounds like an excuse a kid would come up with, it usually means a player is trying to avoid a situation that violates rules of part of their contract. Oh, it happened at home with me trying to grab my phone.

A millionaire breaking his elbow diving for a phone that costs very little. Even us commoners can get a new one free in the same situation.

Yeah, right.

If only he dived into a few more piles last year like he dropped his phone. We might have won a few more games.

The Natural

Reaction score
Well, that is kind of the point. If it sounds like an excuse a kid would come up with, it usually means a player is trying to avoid a situation that violates rules of part of their contract. Oh, it happened at home with me trying to grab my phone.

A millionaire breaking his elbow diving for a phone that costs very little. Even us commoners can get a new one free in the same situation.

Yeah, right.

If only he dived into a few more piles last year like he dropped his phone. We might have won a few more games.

called it out a few pages ago and was accused of leading the charge of conspiracy theorists. Look man, I broke my elbow last summer falling off a regulation sized basketball hoop, had no rotation or flex in the arm. They mean to tell us this guy broke his elbow fumbling for a freaking phone :rolleyes: unless he fell down a flight of concrete stairs I aint buying it

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
called it out a few pages ago and was accused of leading the charge of conspiracy theorists. Look man, I broke my elbow last summer falling off a regulation sized basketball hoop, had no rotation or flex in the arm. They mean to tell us this guy broke his elbow fumbling for a freaking phone :rolleyes: unless he fell down a flight of concrete stairs I aint buying it

I really don't care how he broke it. I just find the whole situation amusing.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
lol, since when does physicals include x-rays of your elbow. :laugh:

Physicals are not done during the OTA's. This is their first opportunity this off season. Probably told the trainers about the accident and that it has been bothering him since. They say lets go to some X-rays. just guessing here of a scenario of what lead to the X-rays.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score

Kevin Pillar of the Blue Jays went on the DL for sneezing.. Strained his Oblique