Video: McFarland - Dak Prescott is the most disrespected quarterback in the NFL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Passing yards don’t translate to the playoffs unless you are the Patriots.
Who destroyed the Ravens and the Giants when we turned Prescott loose. It's not that he can't do it it's that he doesn't do it. That's what I find so ridiculously blatant about their evaluation. Just because we don't do it doesn't mean we can't do it. And that's what they believed he's not capable. They just don't want to move on from the reality that he's America's quarterback. They've never said one thing positive about Dak Prescott. And I don't expect it. At least I have and you have the ability to know his flaws and his abilities . That's the reality

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s living in a fantasy world.i think the Cowboys are smart not try and win with the running game and not the passing game. Trying to outduel the Chiefs or Rams is just dumb football to me.
And the Chiefs the only do it again sports defensive teams. The Patriots destroyed Patrick Mahomes. He put up like three Hail Marys missed two of them. I can't wait to see him this season now that we know how to beat him. Middle pressure rattles the hell out of him. Yes that's football 101. But he still is horrible handling it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who destroyed the Ravens and the Giants when we turned Prescott loose. It's not that he can't do it it's that he doesn't do it. That's what I find so ridiculously blatant about their evaluation. Just because we don't do it doesn't mean we can't do it. And that's what they believed he's not capable. They just don't want to move on from the reality that he's America's quarterback. They've never said one thing positive about Dak Prescott. And I don't expect it. At least I have and you have the ability to know his flaws and his abilities . That's the reality
Exactly....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And the Chiefs the only do it again sports defensive teams. The Patriots destroyed Patrick Mahomes. He put up like three Hail Marys missed two of them. I can't wait to see him this season now that we know how to beat him. Middle pressure rattles the hell out of him. Yes that's football 101. But he still is horrible handling it.
Me too. Cowboys need to be more consistent and execute in the redZone. Their style of play can win in this league they just have to not leave points on the board.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You will realize it's the same five or six consistently slamming Prescott. You can't take anything they say with any Integrity whatsoever. There's an underlying reason they don't like him. Maybe it was Tony maybe they hated the college he played for. Whatever the reason. It's laughable because when you hate something that much you lose sight of logic two of them won't even respond to me any longer. I find that comical in itself

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me too. Cowboys need to be more consistent and execute in the redZone. Their style of play can win in this league they just have to not leave points on the board.
That's my usual also. We left too many points on the field in the red zone. I think Jason Witten is going to help solve that this season. It was Dak Prescott threw him his first-ever playoff touchdown. Yes he hasn't done it in the past wooden but I think he's going to make a difference with this new offense of coordinator. But I totally agree we left too many points in the field. So it's not like we didn't get there. That's what they would like to believe

mcmvp

Reaction score
Passing yards don’t translate to the playoffs unless you are the Patriots.

This doesn't make much sense. It’s a statement in a vacuum. I think what you are trying to say is that the further you get in the post-season, the better the defenses are (generally speaking). But there are still big numbers in the playoffs. You just have to go back two seasons.

And no, it’s not all about total passing yards. I agree with that if that’s your point. It’s always about who is playing the best situational football. 3rd down conversions and red-zone scoring

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Respect is earned, he should do something to earn it. We can revisit this issue at the end of the season, no respect, doubt, yeah that about right at this point.

Dak had one of the best, if not the best, rookie QB seasons in NFL history. He’s made numerous comebacks and he’s taken the team to the playoffs as division winners in two of his first three seasons. It could’ve been all three if Zeke hadn’t been suspended (probably not but we’ll never know). How does that not merit any respect?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, online scouts and evaluators. Any criticism is wrong, don't read his scouting reports

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This doesn't make much sense. It’s a statement in a vacuum. I think what you are trying to say is that the further you get in the post-season, the better the defenses are (generally speaking). But there are still big numbers in the playoffs. You just have to go back two seasons.

And no, it’s not all about total passing yards. I agree with that if that’s your point. It’s always about who is playing the best situational football. 3rd down conversions and red-zone scoring
I’m saying if you are passing for 300 yards in the regular season that doesn’t mean anything once the playoffs come around.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Know what booger...I don't wanna hear it...Dak is my guy...but you want respect? GO TAKE IT. Brian Billick once said about respect, you want it?, kick the damn door in and take RESPECT!" Dak is about to be paid like a top tier QB..and in my opinion, rightfully so...but he must now TAKE THE RESPECT HE GARNERS. No one will give it to him. Booger makes a good point tho...but it don't matter much if you don't take it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Alex Smith was part of a SB team...yes they lost, but wasn't he on that team that almost beat Bmore? The guy is SO overlooked. Sadly, with that Gruesome leg injury...he likely wont ever get another shot.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lmao, online scouts and evaluators. Any criticism is wrong, don't read his scouting reports
LMAO your consistency of any approval of this quarterback shows your lack of being able to take seriously. Look nobody thinks he's perfect but he doesn't suck

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You took his statement out of content when he was responding to another person. You have to take the entire sequences of posts and put them together not just one statement.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m saying if you are passing for 300 yards in the regular season that doesn’t mean anything once the playoffs come around.
It happens quite often on Cowboy forums people take a statement that is a reply to a dozen statements and think it was just one statement LOL they don't read the entire conversation they just jump in the middle of it. The easiest way I answer that is. Read the entire battle before you reply to just one statement

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had a Landry's hat, from the old Cowboys fan forum. I've never seen so many Eagles fans Commander fans. Sneaky little trolls they are. Laugh them off the site. Carson Wentz LMAO

12+88=7

Reaction score
I see two views. The first is things are good, keep the status quo. The second is, the status quo is not good enough to win a championship. Need to improve.

I'm in the second camp. Dallas has a top defense, but a middle of the pack offense. What I believe it will take to win a championship is a top defense with a top offense.

The Dallas running game is one of the best in the NFL. The Dallas passing game is not. This is the area that needs improvement to lift the offense from middle of the pack status into one of the top offenses in the NFL.

This view is taken by some as a slight of Prescott because he is the passing game, it's not. But improving the passing game is the biggest area of need, so again, it's on Prescott to improve.

This is a concern for some, because they understand what I'm saying and doubt that Prescott can improve to the level needed to make the Dallas passing game one of the best. Their doubt is rooted in that Prescott has played 48 games in his career and hasn't shown this ability.

Don't get your panties in a bunch here, just an example. When Romo got his first start in 2006 versus Carolina, you could see his ability in the passing game immediately. It continued that year and for his whole career. It jumped off the screen. We haven't been "wowed" by Prescott in the passing game. It hasn't jumped off the screen making it impossible to deny.

I want Dallas to win a championship, but the way the team is constituted right now, improving the passing game is what will get them closer to achieving that goal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I had a Landry's hat, from the old Cowboys fan forum. I've never seen so many Eagles fans Commander fans. Sneaky little trolls they are. Laugh them off the site. Carson Wentz LMAO
I say that and they tell me no its no troll fans on this site lol. That’s a joke lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LMAO your consistency of any approval of this quarterback shows your lack of being able to take seriously. Look nobody thinks he's perfect but he doesn't suck
Your ability to read is the reason nobody takes you seriously. I stated if he has perfect protection and the receiver gets open he has the ability to get the ball in their area. I stated he has low turnover ratings due to being scared to take chances. When pressured, his internal clock goes crazy and he sees pressure, even if they are not any pressure. Hum sorta like what you would have read on his scouting reports.
Hum seems like a pretty accurate assessment. smh did this hurt your feelings too. :facepalm: