Me, the "Fanboy," I'm done with the sideshow

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, and once again shows the stupidity of teams.
Again, it’s their decision ultimately if they want to stand firm. But if they want to win and having these players help them win.

These contracts are just part of the business. Another reminder that the NFL is a business first.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not sustained success... the one off here and there, sure. But only teams with sustained success have a HOF type qb, and of course "Great coaching." Lol
Perhaps we need to define success. Apparently only winning a SB is your definition?

I’d argue SF, Phil, Buff and Balt for example currently are pretty good models to follow for more success without a SB win.

We could probably add a couple more. Bottomline is there are several models out there who can advance further than we have without an Elite QB.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Perhaps we need to define success. Apparently only winning a SB is your definition?

I’d argue SF, Phil, Buff and Balt for example currently are pretty good models to follow for more success without a SB win.

We could probably add a couple more. Bottomline is there are several models out there who can advance further than we have without an Elite QB.
Buffalo hasn't made a SB appearance since 1993. They had 1 season where the made a title game. Hardly sustained success. Baltimore? Last 10 years ain't done much. Niners have done decent in last 8 years, still no title. Success is sb appearance and wins. Thats it, but I do appreciate how you like to define success in ways to make your point.....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Buffalo hasn't made a SB appearance since 1993. They had 1 season where the made a title game. Hardly sustained success. Baltimore? Last 10 years ain't done much. Niners have done decent in last 8 years, still no title. Success is sb appearance and wins. Thats it, but I do appreciate how you like to define success in ways to make your point.....lol

I had no idea you were a SB or we Suck fan. But that would explain much .lol

No wonder you’re so supportive of Jethro cause you think everyone suks if they don’t win the SB.

You don’t see the different levels of success and better models to follow if you don’t have a Mahomes.

plymkr

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. What’s the point of having a contract.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think you missed the sarcasm. I know the verse and also know how it's misused (just like the "judge not" verse that's actually a call TO judge). I left "love" out because just wanting more money because you think it's your fair market value doesn't mean you "love" money either, which a lot of the thumpers want to label players with (yet seldom for owners) so they can call them evil per this verse - much like the OP was hinting at. Way ahead of the game, my friend.
Yes, I missed your sarcasm. Pardon me. :thumbup:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Players want market value. Players are at risk of injury. Players want to capitalize on their talent before injury. Players have more to lose than Owners.

But blame and shame the player.

Trophies dont pay bills. Name etched in history dont pay bills.

Only owners get a hall pass to be greedy. Why is that?
First off, these guys get generational wealth by default. They just want more and more and more.

And injury risk? There are far more dangerous jobs out there than NFL player that only give ordinary pay.

Trophies in the NFL DO pay bills as in you are going to warrant better pay when you win SBs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and players go. I love them when they are on this team, the second they leave, I don't care about them. As a result, I am just done with the money, money, money being the issue. Players are going t get paid... the good ones are.

So I ahve had it with talks of holdouts and player demands.

Teams need to start using the tools at their disposal. The money is so big now, that the only leverage the team has, is using the CBA. Teams fought to get certain language in the CBA, and then they crumple like a little kid crying for mommy on the first day of school as soon a s aplayer makes a demand.

Teams either start using the tag and not allowing players to dictate that they arent playing under the tag, or lose the tag. Teams need to tell players that are playing this season, whether it be year 3,4 or 5 of their rookie deal if the team so decides. I love CeeDee, but I am so exhausted from the BS.
Now, you have people like Florio saying Parsons should hold out???/ huh, he just finished year 3. If he actually does hold out and I am the Cowboys, I would let him sit and just fine him to the max that the CBA allows.

If some team doesnt take a stand, this is going to get oh soooooooo much worse. Oh, well maybe Jerry actually is doing it. It appears so.
It goes both ways. CD held up his end of the bargain. He had arguable the best season ever as a WR in Cowboys history. GM Jethro is not even attempting to negotiate with him or his agent. So what should he do?

This is 100% GM Jethro's fault. He had to know what his plan was prior to the draft. He could have traded CD, and received multiple picks. Could have drafted one of the top WR in this draft to replace him and saved $18M this year.

If GM Jethro is surprised by the hold out he is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First off, these guys get generational wealth by default. They just want more and more and more.

And injury risk? There are far more dangerous jobs out there than NFL player that only give ordinary pay.

Trophies in the NFL DO pay bills as in you are going to warrant better pay when you win SBs.
I think that might have been more true in prior eras. Especially the key positions.

But this era not as much. If you are a top 5 type talent you’re going to get paid accordingly regardless whether on a championship team if not. Especially if you’re on a playoff team and or consistently a contender.

Don’t need trophies to make top money .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
People who blame the players rather than the owners for this stuff don't understand how the league works. I'm not a Dak fan, but I wholeheartedly encourage him to get every cent he can. Same with Ceedee or any other player. You think Jerry or any owner is leaving money on the table? What any star player makes is a pittance compared to what the owners make.

I'm with Peyton Manning - make as much as you can, and put the responsibility of figuring everything else out on management.
maybe it is you who dont understand?
The players greed is within the cap.
The owners greed is outside the cap.

A player should decide his value in his first year of rookie deal, as to what he wants or deserves when his rookie deal is up.
Instead they all go for this market value of more than the last guy signed to a new high.

They dont make a rational decision, they just say I want more than that guy !! lol Throw logic and true value out the window,
just give me more than that guy!

That is greed pure and simple, and it leaves less $ for the other team mates! The more lamb and dak get the less there is for the other guys
on the team.
So if it was a real pie, dak lamb and parsons would all eat a giant piece, and then the rest of the team has to share the rest of that pie, tiny pieces.

Money wise it has nothing to with owners and money , they have to spend 90% of the cap money.
They cant put it in their pocket. Except that 10% and they may be able to pocket some of that.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You are a clown if you think I dont understand how it works. Please go back to my post and tell me anything I wrote that shows lack of understanding. Ill wait.

PS, these adds stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Settle down Beavis!

FanofJerry

Reaction score

You dont get it.

Or dont want to.

GMO415

Reaction score
These greedy billionaire owners created this cap system. They tied their wagon to this lame horse, so they can deal with it.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You hope he is.
And you hope that Dak is resigned before the season starts.

Because you guaranteed that he will be resigned by then. You also said that anyone who disagrees that he will be resigned by the start if the season is “uninformed”.

Your clock is ticking down before you get the eternal label of “uninformed” yourself.

Keep hoping!

Tick, tock, tick, tock…

FanofJerry

Reaction score
maybe it is you who dont understand?
The players greed is within the cap.
The owners greed is outside the cap.

A player should decide his value in his first year of rookie deal, as to what he wants or deserves when his rookie deal is up.
Instead they all go for this market value of more than the last guy signed to a new high.

They dont make a rational decision, they just say I want more than that guy !! lol Throw logic and true value out the window,
just give me more than that guy!

That is greed pure and simple, and it leaves less $ for the other team mates! The more lamb and dak get the less there is for the other guys
on the team.
So if it was a real pie, dak lamb and parsons would all eat a giant piece, and then the rest of the team has to share the rest of that pie, tiny pieces.

Money wise it has nothing to with owners and money , they have to spend 90% of the cap money.
They cant put it in their pocket. Except that 10% and they may be able to pocket some of that.
Yeah...unfortunately there are highly in tuned agents that provide guidance if not completely negotiate for the player.

I would love to see the negotiation tactics and greed displayed when the owners negotiate with the TV Networks. No one wants to talk about that though.

There is always some back door excuse to place blame on the player..."Players are negotiating within a cap, and greed hurts the team".

Always always ALWAYS an excuse to gyp the player and start the blame and shame game.

My personal opinion is that the agents and owners have figured out, agreed and placed weights on each position in the sport based on impact value to a team...and players are paid according to that. There are rare occasions when there is a GENERATIONAL talent at a weird position that eats into cap where teams dont plan on it(Example = some crazy elite nose guard that no one can block), a rare QB like Mahomes talent...or like with the Cowboys, they are so good at drafting they have multiple positions they have to pay along with a very productive QB....these situations make it hard to pay everyone the Owner/GM want to...but thats their job to figure out. And...not the outsider fans job to place blame on a player for his contract.

I think fans need to curb the money-ball talk. Maybe not curb it...but stop complaining about player pay so much. Telling a player they shouldnt make market value because of team cap is unfair to a player, which is why there are no locker room issues amongst players and their pay. Its outsiders wanting to shame, when they would do what Dak is doing if in Dak's shoes and it was a once in a lifetime job with risk of injury ruining it all.