Media Rumors about Cowboys are not Fact

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does a night with Trixie at the Notel Motel count?
I almost forgot, what he and I were even talkin about. I don't buy into scuttlebutt propaganda. And some people think the whole world is a scam.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ll know soon enough if he sits out for Training Camp.

After hearing these rumors emerge yesterday I reached out to my closet friends in Dallas and they seem to echo the rumors that “ Zeke wants to be paid now”.

They didn’t say he was prepared to sit out until a deal was done but apparently he isn’t going to be patient waiting until next year especially with rumors of the Cowboys possibly not interested in extending him. Elliott not wanting to be be used up like Murray was before we let him walk.

The rumor is appearing to have more validity with no one shooting it down from Elliott's camp or Cowboys FO.
I live in the Dallas area.

I have friends that are employed by the Cowboys.

I have friends in the local sports media.

Nobody locally expects Zeke to hold out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I hope they’re right. As I suggested . Just because he wants to be paid now doesn’t mean he’s willing to hold out.

” Nobody” is a broad statement . One that can’t be substantiated.

You sound like you have some excellent insider contacts. If would be interesting to hear more about this. I truly value that type of information.
I don’t suppose you’re going to offer any of that information to support your claims ?

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What else are we going to argue/discuss, aka argucuss into the ground?

I do find it interesting that he's let this sit out there and not addressed it to derail it.

If you were a reporter and needing some action, what other team would you even think of starting a rumor about?
I wouldn't waste my time. The more you respond the more they antagonize you. It's not like the Forum here where we respond to everything.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they’re right. As I suggested . Just because he wants to be paid now doesn’t mean he’s willing to hold out.

You sound like you have some excellent insider contacts. If would be interesting to hear more about this. I truly value that type of information.
I don’t suppose you’re going to offer any of that information to support your claims ?

In English the grammatical context within which I used the term "nobody", it is implied that it means nobody within the general group of people that I previously defined and people associated with them.

In other words none of the people that I know or their associates.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I replied to your post where you referenced people you know in Dallas. You need to provide "proof" before requesting it from someone else.

With regards to sharing "information", are you asking me to secretly record conversations and then post them on the internet? Maybe you didn't think that through...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And now on to something completely different,,, Man, I'd finally answered this 1-844 united states phone number about an hour ago, that's repeatedly been calling, it was "claimed" to be from the Social Security Administration informing me,"that my SS# has hereby been suspended due to suspicious activity",,, &,,,that If I was of concernment regarding this necessary maneuver by the S.S.A. I was instructed to press the #1 icon to review the reasonings of their deemed actions,,,needless to say, I was all over that prompted request thru the sheer blazing speed of my utter& complete silence & non activity,,, till it kinda' freaked out the requesting party to self terminate their little " yo, just so you know" phone call,,,SHEESE! when the MAROONS of the world actually start believing that they ain't the MAROONS but think others really are the TRUE MAROONS , the WORLD has broached gate crashing entry speed to Hell itself:facepalm:

o_O

The phone scams nowadays are popping up with relentless frequency. Many elderly folks and even those younger are being subjected to losing their life savings. I've been subjected to continual scam attempt for the last two years or so and hang up before they even get started. Sometimes, they won't give up once they're got your phone number. Hang in there, buddy and don't let 'em fool you -- sounds like you're doing what you should by not falling for it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I replied to your post where you referenced people you know in Dallas. You need to provide "proof" before requesting it from someone else.

With regards to sharing "information", are you asking me to secretly record conversations and then post them on the internet? Maybe you didn't think that through...
I didn’t say my friends worked for the Cowboys or local media. Certainly you see the difference?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

:lmao:

Oh c’mon. Pleeeease have your friend that works the nacho bar on game day give us the “inside” information!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
363idi.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Looool, smh.

“Hey guys, don’t believe this stuff you’re hearing from this national media guy. He doesn’t really have a source or else he’d name him! Anyways, my sources deep within the organization and local DFW media, whom shall remain nameless, tell me that [blah, blah, blah].”

Give it a rest.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm in wait and see mode on this. I do think the headlines were pretty misleading on this if you were following the news. First headline was "Zeke tells friends privately that he will hold out". Second headline was "This could go sideways quickly". The story associated with the second headline actually refuted the first story and said that Zeke hadn't made the decision to hold out yet. But you wouldn't get that impression if you glossed over the headline.

It's a little bit reminiscent of the Tristan Hill ethics contract story that floated around after the draft.
thw msm in sports LOVES to create Dallas controversy. If the story sells, the facts be damned, they will throw it out there and see if it grows legs. That sums up Colin Cowturd to a TEE.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looool, smh.

“Hey guys, don’t believe this stuff you’re hearing from this national media guy. He doesn’t really have a source or else he’d name him! Anyways, my sources deep within the organization and local DFW media, whom shall remain nameless, tell me that [blah, blah, blah].”

Give it a rest.

You need to look a the post that initiated my reply.

I never use "I have contacts" unless it a reply to somebody claiming it first.