Micah and Ceedee are to blame as well

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The mahomes contract, is the smartest contract in the nfl.
He took less so the team could win SB's. His per year pay is 50 mil , for ten years!
They can manipulate the cap bigtime since it is such a long contract.
He is making less in these early years so the team has more money for other players.

The cap is going up each year, so that makes it easier to deal with those later years when they have to pay him more.

If dallas pays CD 27 mil a year now instead of 30 , he is still generational wealthy, but helps the team ( he should decide how that money is spent)
A few mil less is not a big deal , Same for dak, 40 mil a year is plenty, but he wants 60, that is just greed.
No way any QB is worth more than mahomes. The others should all make less than mahomes.
QB salaries are not a pecking order. It’s all about Market Price and when they sign a new deal.

And there’s not really an official pecking order. The fact Mahomes signed a longer deal ( 10 years) about a half billion is a reflection more of the Chiefs wanting to invest long term. Most franchises aren’t willing to commit that long.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
why would these players help a losing organization? The only thing stephen would do is pocket the savings
There’s absolutely no reason. Totally absurd.

Fans are just sour grapes cause their FO’s and ownership aren’t able to manage and build a better team around them. Players salaries become scapegoats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greed is NFL owners setting a Salary Cap.

And then charging more for tickets for a watered down talent league.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
QB salaries are not a pecking order. It’s all about Market Price and when they sign a new deal.

And there’s not really an official pecking order. The fact Mahomes signed a longer deal ( 10 years) about a half billion is a reflection more of the Chiefs wanting to invest long term. Most franchises aren’t willing to commit that long.
the Market Price and reset mkt and being highest paid , just dont make sense to me.
KC avoided all that crap, and they have the leagues best qb.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
the Market Price and reset mkt and being highest paid , just dont make sense to me.
KC avoided all that crap, and they have the leagues best qb.
I’m sorry if it doesn’t make sense to you but it’s how the NFL does business . Market Price increases based on the Cap increasing .Think of it like Inflation.

KC lucked out cause Mahomes is arguably best QB. But that doesn’t set a precedent or pecking order as much as you’d like or expect it to.

BigD_95

Reaction score
The Jones family are trying to be tight with money, in order to save to have enough for Micah and Ceedee. We put a lot on our QB wanting to be paid, well it's on these two guys as well!

Justin Jefferson rejected 30 million, what would Ceedee be asking for. Micah mentioned the longer we wait the more expensive it will be! What are we to do!???

Stop! These guys are in the top 5 of their positions and haven’t had their 2nd contract yet. Dak isn’t a top 10 QB and has been vastly overpaid

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m sorry if it doesn’t make sense to you but it’s how the NFL does business . Market Price increases based on the Cap increasing .Think of it like Inflation.

KC lucked out cause Mahomes is arguably best QB. But that doesn’t set a precedent or pecking order as much as you’d like or expect it to.
I know it is how it works, but it is stupid.
Owners go along with it because they are stupid too.They are part of the problem.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of the three I'd keep Parsons and Lamb is too soft and Dak is well.....mediocre at best.
I agree 100% that there is no way Lamb is worth top-tier WR $.
Parsons you pay and cut ties with the rest.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
They are to blame for the team going into the toilet at the end of the year. You wanna be the man? The man doesn't run and hide when Green Bay comes to town.

visionary

Reaction score
The Jones family are trying to be tight with money, in order to save to have enough for Micah and Ceedee. We put a lot on our QB wanting to be paid, well it's on these two guys as well!

Justin Jefferson rejected 30 million, what would Ceedee be asking for. Micah mentioned the longer we wait the more expensive it will be! What are we to do!???
Signing CB, LB, and WR to top 5 contracts is a recipe for disaster

Show me the recent SB winner that had those 3?

You cannot

Just accept that we have one of the worst FO in the NFL