Micah Embodies What Is Wrong With The Modern Day Cowboys Player

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Now you are trolling.

Micah is right. The media does pick on and constantly criticize the Cowboys all the time, but Micah and the rest of this team's leaders need to step it up and shut the media up with their performance on the field.
Micah can cry me a river.

He should use this as motivation instead of whining about it on his podcast.

They've said this same stuff about the Cowboys for almost 30 years now and none of the teams did anything about it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Frankly, I like our team. The Eagles are looking like toast with the 3 consecutive losses. The Cowboys are undefeated after a loss. I like our guys.
That's not what I asked.

Do you prefer the "we're victims because of the mean media" mindset or the calling out your team mindset?

Which one of those is more leader like?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Frankly, I like our team. The Eagles are looking like toast with the 3 consecutive losses. The Cowboys are undefeated after a loss. I like our guys.
They said the Niners were looking like toast after 3 straight loses also. I haven't buried the Eagles just yet. We better be worried about Dallas. They could be heading for 3 straight loses.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
The same ones on here dogging Jalen Hurts for questing the commitment of the Eagles are defending Micha whining about the media "hoping they lose".

They need to keep that same energy when it comes to the Cowboys players.

What Micah is doing so much weaker than what Hurts is doing. Hurts is calling out his team for their play while Micah is crying about the media.
Given how Micah has played the last 3 weeks, I question his commitment.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Now you are trolling.

Micah is right. The media does pick on and constantly criticize the Cowboys all the time, but Micah and the rest of this team's leaders need to step it up and shut the media up with their performance on the field.
You play hard every week the media will shut up or have nothing to say. Attacking them for being right is just adding more for them to talk about. You making their job easier-not harder. That's all they talked about today" what you said"... Mission Accomplished,Micah :facepalm:

Creeper

Reaction score
Micah is right in a way and wrong in another way. He is wrong to talk about this because all it does is bring the worst kind of media attention. It feeds the haters, even among fans. But I think he is right that there are haters out there that do relish at the thought of the Cowboys failing. Every week 16 teams lose. But the Cowboys are always a the story when they lose. We have people on this board who think we should trade Micah because one game he doesn't get a sack or a TFL, despite teams putting 2 or 3 blockers against him every down. As someone else said, take Micah out of this defense and watch them drop to the worst in the NFL which is what they were before he was drafted.

And remember, everyone in the NFL gets up to face the Cowboys. Every team gives the Cowboys their best. Players who played against the Cowboys but are not in the media still carry that rivalry mentality with them into the TV studios. We all see it.

I don't think Micah is whining. I think he has a legitimate beef. I just don't think it does any good to bring it up as a Cowboys player. I worry though that his frustration about the way the Dallas media covers the Cowboys may cause him to hit free agency and leave. Then we will go back to the 6-10 seasons of the past.

The 49ers, Chiefs, Bills, and Eagles all went through rough patches. But for some reason when Dallas loses on the road a narrative is formed.

stiletto

Reaction score
Given how Micah has played the last 3 weeks, I question his commitment.
Very good point.. last 3 games I think he has 1 sack and only a couple solo tackles. He tends to jump on piles lately. Is he hurt or is he thinking about his podcast? I'm starting to wonder myself.
Someone should point him to this thread IMO.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Very good point.. last 3 games I think he has 1 sack and only a couple solo tackles. He tends to jump on piles lately. Is he hurt or is he thinking about his podcast? I'm starting to wonder myself.
Someone should point him to this thread IMO.
He wants to rush for 2.5 seconds ...maybe 4 and declare his job over. Gone is the guy who chased down a guy on the 1 on a screen play.

I am going to repeat this: We did him a disservice by making him a dummy terminal instead of a roving thinking "head of the snake" MLBer. If he was busy learning defensive calls and recognizing formations, maybe he would have less time to inspect piles and host podcasts.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Micah is right in a way and wrong in another way. He is wrong to talk about this because all it does is bring the worst kind of media attention. It feeds the haters, even among fans. But I think he is right that there are haters out there that do relish at the thought of the Cowboys failing. Every week 16 teams lose. But the Cowboys are always a the story when they lose. We have people on this board who think we should trade Micah because one game he doesn't get a sack or a TFL, despite teams putting 2 or 3 blockers against him every down. As someone else said, take Micah out of this defense and watch them drop to the worst in the NFL which is what they were before he was drafted.

And remember, everyone in the NFL gets up to face the Cowboys. Every team gives the Cowboys their best. Players who played against the Cowboys but are not in the media still carry that rivalry mentality with them into the TV studios. We all see it.

I don't think Micah is whining. I think he has a legitimate beef. I just don't think it does any good to bring it up as a Cowboys player. I worry though that his frustration about the way the Dallas media covers the Cowboys may cause him to hit free agency and leave. Then we will go back to the 6-10 seasons of the past.

The 49ers, Chiefs, Bills, and Eagles all went through rough patches. But for some reason when Dallas loses on the road a narrative is formed.
Is the media wrong about the Cowboys though? They think the Cowboys have been frauds for the past 30 years. Are they wrong?

If Micah don't like the media's attention then why not tell Jerry, the only owner in the NFL to talk to the media like he does, to shut up?

If Micah hates the media so much why does he do a weekly podcast basically becoming a member of the media himself?

Oh, and the worry about losing him thing is nonsense. He's about the money and his brand. He'll get paid here and being a Cowboy is the best thing for his brand. He won't go anywhere.

Loso86

Reaction score

The whining, woe is me, we're the victims, and the "they want us to lose" mindset is a big issue with not just this year's Cowboys, but past years Cowboys as well.

The 90s Cowboys would've used this as fuel and a "us against everyone" mentality would've been created, but the modern Cowboys just want to whine about it and play victim.

They don't realize they are talked about like this because they make it easy. They don't WANT you to fail, Micah. They KNOW you're going to fail. There's a difference.

If you don't like it then make your play on the field shut em up, because whining about it on a podcast won't do it.

Oh ok, hate him when we lose l9ve him when we win I got it

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
It's not Micah's job to put the team on his back by himself they are all capable of stepping up.
Exactly.

It’s not fair for us to to expect other players ( being careful not to make this thread about someone not MP) to not burden all the blame so why do we expect MP to put it all on his back.

He can’t rush the qb, play pass defense , and score touchdowns…

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Exactly.

It’s not fair for us to to expect other players ( being careful not to make this thread about someone not MP) to not burden all the blame so why do we expect MP to put it all on his back.

He can’t rush the qb, play pass defense , and score touchdowns…
If he's not expected to be a difference maker every week then why pay him like one?

We should let him walk or trade him, right?

Because when he becomes the highest paid defensive player ever are we supposed to not expect him to be better than everyone else and make an impact every game?

stiletto

Reaction score
He wants to rush for 2.5 seconds ...maybe 4 and declare his job over. Gone is the guy who chased down a guy on the 1 on a screen play.

I am going to repeat this: We did him a disservice by making him a dummy terminal instead of a roving thinking "head of the snake" MLBer. If he was busy learning defensive calls and recognizing formations, maybe he would have less time to inspect piles and host podcasts.
I understand why they've done it. He is kind of a beast at it but I am too seeing chinks in the armor. Also, the fact that the coaching staff wants to just sit there and let Micah pass rush at DE while we get gashed for 7-8 yards a clip. Micah can't tackle or make great plays at LB by reading the offense?? It doesn't make sense.