Micah Embodies What Is Wrong With The Modern Day Cowboys Player

stiletto

Reaction score
I don’t even know why y’all are talking about his contract. Why are yall worried about paying him? No one said anything about paying him a record contract. And if you think Robert Quinn is the same caliber as Micah you are on a special type of dope.
You JUST said "that's why you pay him"... in another post. I don't think it is me that is smoking scrolls...

I likewise never said Robert Quinn is the same caliber as Micah BUT I do think Robert Quinn has done more in the league overall up until now to be considering Micah such a legend..

Micah so far is a "flash in the pan with a podcast". You might think he is more but like I said, he's just a legend in your mind... sure he can be a legend but only the media and people like you think he is.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t even know why y’all are talking about his contract. Why are yall worried about paying him? No one said anything about paying him a record contract. And if you think Robert Quinn is the same caliber as Micah you are on a special type of dope.
Quinn, like Micah, is just 1 of 53.

Pay em like that then.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You JUST said "that's why you pay him"... in another post. I don't think it is me that is smoking scrolls...

I likewise never said Robert Quinn is the same caliber as Micah BUT I do think Robert Quinn has done more in the league overall up until now to be considering Micah such a legend..

Micah so far is a "flash in the pan with a podcast". You might think he is more but like I said, he's just a legend in your mind... sure he can be a legend but only the media and people like you think he is.
I said that’s why you’d pay him….guys get paid for sacks is my point. Your issue is with Micah can’t control…..who cares if the media compares him to LT?

And why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Where did I say I’d give him a record breaking contract? Where did I say he’s a legend? What’s your deal?

stiletto

Reaction score
I said that’s why you’d pay him….guys get paid for sacks is my point. Your issue is with Micah can’t control…..who cares if the media compares him to LT?

And why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Where did I say I’d give him a record breaking contract? Where did I say he’s a legend? What’s your deal?
Fair enough. What would you want to pay him then? Do you think he is worth a record contract then?

nobody

Reaction score
I get Micah's frustration. Other teams are allowed to hold him all of the time. Should he be constantly airing it out to the media? No. That's only going to produce the opposite effect of what he wants.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough. What would you want to pay him then? Do you think he is worth a record contract then?
I wouldn’t pay him anything but I’m not naive here. I think he’s a great player. I never said he was a legend. But you guys just have these out of touch and outdated opinions on contract. Guys are paid based on accomplishments and potential. He will set the market. It’s just what it is. Don’t be mad at Micah for it blame the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're gonna double down now aren't ya? That's the route you're gonna take here?

That "special/game changer" players don't exists and everyone is just 1 of 53 and the 53rd guy and the 1 guy have the same impact?
What is your argument here? I asked you would you not pay Mahomes yes or no?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay him anything but I’m not naive here. I think he’s a great player. I never said he was a legend. But you guys just have these out of touch and outdated opinions on contract. Guys are paid based on accomplishments and potential. He will set the market. It’s just what it is. Don’t be mad at Micah for it blame the league.
This is a strawman argument. Who said anyone is "mad at Micah"? We want the best deal for Micah AND the team. If Micah is a one-dimensional player who is overpaid based on hype - as you are suggesting - it matters since his contract will be a HUGE OUTLIER. His performance needs to match the HUGE OUTLIER. And fading away down the stretch every year is not comforting.

Mannix

Reaction score
I honestly think we should trade him and fill needs....he is a one trick pony and not worth the money it's gonna take. Same with Deer in the headlights Dak.

stiletto

Reaction score
I honestly think we should trade him and fill needs....he is a one trick pony and not worth the money it's gonna take. Same with Deer in the headlights Dak.
Now we're going overboard. Micah is a huge talent. At some point it is the coaches and ownership being stubborn to pigeon him in one hole (mainly because of media attention). They need to move Micah around. Let him play LB against hard nose running teams. Let him rush the passer against high flying finesse teams. This isn't rocket science. But to trade him away for something we don't know? Risky...

Phil413Cowboy

Reaction score

The whining, woe is me, we're the victims, and the "they want us to lose" mindset is a big issue with not just this year's Cowboys, but past years Cowboys as well.

The 90s Cowboys would've used this as fuel and a "us against everyone" mentality would've been created, but the modern Cowboys just want to whine about it and play victim.

They don't realize they are talked about like this because they make it easy. They don't WANT you to fail, Micah. They KNOW you're going to fail. There's a difference.

If you don't like it then make your play on the field shut em up, because whining about it on a podcast won't do it.

Please no more comparing #11 to #56

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a strawman argument. Who said anyone is "mad at Micah"? We want the best deal for Micah AND the team. If Micah is a one-dimensional player who is overpaid based on hype - as you are suggesting - it matters since his contract will be a HUGE OUTLIER. His performance needs to match the HUGE OUTLIER. And fading away down the stretch every year is not comforting.
Let Micah go then. Let Micah go. Let him walk. What's the issue? I'm confused what are you guys proposing? Let him walk? Let him walk then. You either pay him big money or let him walk I don't understand what the issue is? You can't have both. You can't have him on a "best deal" for the team. Not how it works.