Micah Parsons - as embarrassing as the Empire State Building

Xeven

Reaction score
Careful or he might be sacking Dak Dak in near future on his way to his own SB rings with Philly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would he be mad at the coaches? The kicker missed the extra points.
Because, as explained earlier, Dak was upset the coaches were stubbornly forcing Maher to attempt more extra points when it was clear Maher was in a mental funk. Best thing for the team at that point would have been going for 2 points.

coult44

Reaction score
This guy is a flake - a phony - and a cliq overrated.

Now he’s being called out and exposed .

Micah Parsons Telling Lane Johnson To 'Go Win A Bowl For Our Division' Is The Lowest, Saddest Moment In Cowboys History
https://bars.tl/3454236
I can see someone saying it’s an issue, or even creating a thread saying “***”. But to say it’s the the “lowest and saddest” moment in Cowboys history is a reach and crazy over exaggeration. I can name 50 more off the top of my head that really matter.

Next, you say he’s a “fake and phony” , I bet I can guess exactly what type of fan you are and who you are as a person. I can probably tell you your age group, and how long you’ve been a fan.

Get over it bro or just stop watching. Parsons is as genuine as it gets. He’s pretty open and honest about how he feels. And probably to a fault, gives an opinion about everything. There’s nothing fake or phony about it. If you don’t like his takes and his opinions, fine. But you mixed it up by saying he’s fake.

Why is it ok for millions of fans to play fantasy football and like other teams and players but it’s not ok for players to do the same? It’s not the old days where guys hate teams and players of teams because they play for a division opponent. The owners made sure of that when they created the salary cap and these short term contracts.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Don't like Micah after he told it like it is about your favorite player.
Well, there's nothing wrong with his comment it's classy and shows a smart educated mind.
Unlike some other players, we have who condone throwing garbage at the refs.....
Bahhh

It’s soft weak and embarrassing.

“ hey Philly go win the Super Bowl yay !!”

What a clown

mattjames2010

Reaction score
People need to grow up. Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell would have dinner together during the season. It didn’t affect the way they played the game against each other. Antonin Scalia and Ruth Badger Ginsburg were ideological opposites and often on different sides of important issues, but were best friends outside the Supreme Court. Does him rooting for a guy fighting through a nasty injury really bother you if it doesn’t affect his play on the field?
And Michael Jordan and Larry Bird respected each other, but didn't gloat about each other's teams and did not shy away from trash talking each other post-game.

There is a level to these things - the top top top players to ever enter leagues have this type of competitiveness. Ever hear Tom Brady talking like this about his rivals?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
And Michael Jordan and Larry Bird respected each other, but didn't gloat about each other's teams and did not shy away from trash talking each other post-game.

There is a level to these things - the top top top players to ever enter leagues have this type of competitiveness. Ever hear Tom Brady talking like this about his rivals?
Do you follow the modern NBA? Happens all the time. It’s not old school anymore. The days of someone like Brian Dawkins saying he would never have a star on his helmet are over.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who cares? Owners drop you in a second with no sense of loyalty. Nowadays, the majority of fans have no loyalties because they are gambling junkies and fantasy football has become a house-hold reality. Half these folks on this forum think a player will sign with the Cowboys, because said player "grew up a Cowboys fan" and expect that player to give them a hometown discount, but bounce from their hometown state for better money and are talking about "returning at the end of their career". Micah grew up in Pennsylvania as Philly fan. It is what it is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
While rivalries aren't the same as they used to be, I don't see any Eagles player tweeting out that they're cheering for the Cowboys to win a big game or Super Bowl for the sake of the division.
Some Cowboys fans have grown as soft as this franchise, yet they complain about Jerry's past 27 years of no championship game appearances? Unbelievable.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Do you follow the modern NBA? Happens all the time. It’s not old school anymore. The days of someone like Brian Dawkins saying he would never have a star on his helmet are over.
Uh, I used your example of old school NBA - there is a difference between "That's a great player" and running to Twitter to bring in good boy points by telling your division rival to win the Super Bowl.

As I said, there is a tier to competitiveness - and almost always the best of the best don't talk like this. They have a drive on a whole other level. Read stories about Tom Brady and how competitive he is with his own teammates - he'll trash talk and won't accept defeat in a simple card game with them. I remember people here talking about Ware not having a killer instinct, Parsons seems to be Charmin' soft getting by on athleticism.

XXLMike

Reaction score
While rivalries aren't the same as they used to be, I don't see any Eagles player tweeting out that they're cheering for the Cowboys to win a big game or Super Bowl for the sake of the division.
Their fans are far tougher than the Texas golly gee dang bible thumpers we see here and on Sunday’s in Dallas.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Because, as explained earlier, Dak was upset the coaches were stubbornly forcing Maher to attempt more extra points when it was clear Maher was in a mental funk. Best thing for the team at that point would have been going for 2 points.
How do you rationalize calling out teammates as bad, but calling out coaches as good?

Bonus question... How do overlook the fact that yelling at the coaches to not trust the kicker is in fact calling out the kicker. In the heat of the battle, no less.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You also don't see Steelers and Ravens players congratulating each other either. Heck, I don't see anyone in the league initiating this type of bromanship to Cowboys players. The league hates the Cowboys and gets entertainment watching them fail over and over again.

The pretending that ultra competitiveness is just some boomer thing is silly. Twitter is a hellscape where every player goes on there to use their name as a brand pushing tweets like this to get in the good graces of fans that will root for their downfall any given sunday.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Uh, I used your example of old school NBA - there is a difference between "That's a great player" and running to Twitter to bring in good boy points by telling your division rival to win the Super Bowl.

As I said, there is a tier to competitiveness - and almost always the best of the best don't talk like this. They have a drive on a whole other level. Read stories about Tom Brady and how competitive he is with his own teammates - he'll trash talk and won't accept defeat in a simple card game with them. I remember people here talking about Ware not having a killer instinct, Parsons seems to be Charmin' soft getting by on athleticism.

Yeah, I don't even mind Parsons complimenting talented Eagles players such as Lane Johnson for being great. But really can't get on board with him going as far as to cheer for the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. And don't really see a lot of players in the NFL going as far as to say that they're cheering for their rival to win a Super Bowl for the sake of the division. I get that Parsons is from a different generation of players, but also understand why Cowboys fans aren't happy with seeing a Dallas player of Parsons caliber wanting a rival to win the Super Bowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This guy is a flake - a phony - and a cliq overrated.

Now he’s being called out and exposed .

Micah Parsons Telling Lane Johnson To 'Go Win A Bowl For Our Division' Is The Lowest, Saddest Moment In Cowboys History
https://bars.tl/3454236
The lowest saddest moment in Cowboys history? You might want to slam on the brakes. You’re going way overboard. Lol

Sydla

Reaction score
How exactly what he's saying decency? It's decent to acknowledge a rival player is a good (He sure doesn't seem to give that respect to Jalen Hurts or even his own teammate), but to go out of your way to say "win it for our division"? Also it's AFC vs. NFC - so it would be "win it for our conference".
The other side of this is what is the problem here? What's so wrong with what he said?

If he goes out there and plays hard every week, why should I care that he praised another player on another team?

If one can make the case that what Parsons said about Johnson is detrimental to the team or how they perform, I am all ears.