Micah Parsons - as embarrassing as the Empire State Building

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Micah points fingers and talks ish against his QB after playoff loss to 49ers, but now is rooting for the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. Yet, he was raised to be a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Something is wrong with this dude.
Young and immature. He reminds me of martellus Bennett acts and talks just like him.

Hey its his life, he has a life outside football. I'd rather have him with twitter fingers, then seeing his face in police mugshots

And the way he talked bout lane Johnson calling him big bro, seems like they are actually close

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their fans are far tougher than the Texas golly gee dang bible thumpers we see here and on Sunday’s in Dallas.
Wait...did you just praise our rival eagles fans?
Traitor.

And religious people too....in one sentence. Impressive.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The other side of this is what is the problem here? What's so wrong with what he said?

If he goes out there and plays hard every week, why should I care that he praised another player on another team?

If one can make the case that what Parsons said about Johnson is detrimental to the team or how they perform, I am all ears.
Can you point out any legend of the game that tweets or gave media bites like Parsons does? Just one. I'm not saying all legendary players were *******s and didn't show respect, I'm asking you to show me any of them that talked about wanting their division rivals to get the ultimate achievement.

Whether it's a detriment to his play on Sunday, who knows - but I have been disappointed with Parsons in big moments and when he goes up against the best lineman in the league. Pretending the opposing player in front of you is your bro sure as hell doesn't help.

khiladi

Reaction score
Players now sign with agencies based on not just playing the sport, but developing "brand image", of which social media plays a huge part. They make money off clicks. It's a new era and the old rivalries are done, whether you like it or not. The whole sports economic model now is essentially built off TV REVENUE SHARING. EVen owners of small market franchises don't have any real incentive to produce results, because if they spend huge dollars they aren't going to recuperate it, like a big market franchise. When a big market team signs a ridiculous TV contract, which dwards what they get in their local areas, they get a portion of it.

Owners pick up a whole team and bounce to a new location with decisions like this in mind.

Athletes are more privy to the economics nowadays than every before. They aren't stupid when it comes to money. EVen when Dak said he wouldn't take a hometown discount when his first contract after the rookie deal was expiring, he was smart enough to point out how NFL would be making even more money with the gambling revenue that was no longer prohibited.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Young and immature. He reminds me of martellus Bennett acts and talks just like him.

Hey its his life, he has a life outside football. I'd rather have him with twitter fingers, then seeing his face in police mugshots

And the way he talked bout lane Johnson calling him big bro, seems like they are actually close
The only time those two are close is when Johnson is pancaking him like Williams did.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think it's fair to assume Micah Parsons existed and was a football fan before he became a Cowboy. It's also fair to assume many players have friends and affinities that cross team lines. As well as a fair share of players who aren't the narcissistic dbags many fans are.

This post is 100% a soyboy take.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The amount of vitriol spewed towards legitimately one of the best defensive players in the league, as well as a generational talent, makes you wonder why any player would come to the Cowboys for the franchise luster. Pretty pathetic showing by fans, honestly.

NotForLong

Reaction score
This guy is a flake - a phony - and a cliq overrated.

Now he’s being called out and exposed .

Micah Parsons Telling Lane Johnson To 'Go Win A Bowl For Our Division' Is The Lowest, Saddest Moment In Cowboys History
https://bars.tl/3454236
He commented on Johnson. Being a beast for playing through the injury and then He said to represent the Division

Nothing to see here

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He commented on Johnson. Being a beast for playing through the injury and then He said to represent the Division

Nothing to see here
If he doesn't fall on his sword for the Cowboys and then bleed blue, he's "disloyal," a "fake", and/or a "phony."

Oh, and now the potential DPOY for the second year in a row is also "overrated."

The fans saying this nonsense deserve exactly what they've gotten from the Cowboys for the last 30 years. It's embarassing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You must not have gone through the Razorback's last SWC season like we did. It was brutal and most of the fans got a big love on for the SEC immediately.

I can't explain it but the minute the Cowboys are out of it, I am an East fan and take pride that they have more rings and are the only division where all the teams have rings and may be multiple rings soon. I grew up with East ball and it was just special. I wish I could get as crazy for divisional games like I used to but everything changed with free agency. And I am a lot older now..
I'm not an "NFCE" cheerleader, but I can understand that it might be a source of consolation that the same team that beat us out also beat out everyone else.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Show me where I have called any football player a God. Is he quite possibly the most all around talented playmaker we have ever seen at the position? Yes. Again most people readily agree with me including HOF QB's.

The fact that you don't understand that invalidates any other QB evaluation you have.
Did I ever accuse you of it. Something mentally wrong with your thinking. how many rings does Aaron Rodgers have. Mahomes still only has one. And he supposed to be the best. I think you’ll be the next Jim Kelly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
by who? Not by the INT leader of the NFL thats for damn sure
He was tied, unlike your hero #9 who had more and led the league TWICE in interceptions, plus piled almost double the amount of INTs in only 3 more years as a starter than Dak. I bet you weren't complaining then.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think Micah is far more upset at his QB than he is his division rival lol
If so, he can ask Jerry for a trade. It would get several good picks for the Cowboys so they can draft players who truly want to be here.