Micah Parsons - as embarrassing as the Empire State Building

J-man

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect a player to hate the same teams it's fans hate. After all he is an employee who should give his best for his employer, anything else is up to him.

Especially if he's from Philly or the area... cudos to him for being honest. :)
He's from Harrisburg PA, (where I am from and live also) it's about 1 1/2 hrs from Filthydumpia, an hour from Baltimore, 3 hrs to NY and about 4 hrs from Pittsburg. So there is a good chance he's a closet igglets fan, we got em all here!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Meh players today play for the money and their own brand. It isn't about beating your opponent and championships anymore. Why would it be. Look no further than Diggs if you want to see what it is to be a modern professional athlete.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm rather proud of the NFC East for winning more Super Bowls than any other division.

When analysts knock the NFC East it is an insult to all four teams including the Cowboys.

Admit it, every Cowboys fan was somewhat insulted by the term "NFC Least" and it was an "in your face" moment when three NFC East teams made the playoffs.

I don't share any enthusiasm for rooting for the Eagles but I understand those that do.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good for Micah.

He's from PA. Its normal for him to be an eagles or steelers fan. Most fans support local teams.

He's also a player and is frre to respect and like other players. Maybe he looks at how they built the team and wishes his team would do that.

stiletto

Reaction score
Micah points fingers and talks ish against his QB after playoff loss to 49ers, but now is rooting for the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. Yet, he was raised to be a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Something is wrong with this dude.
Yeah something is wrong. He's a 23 year old know it all Gen Z'er. Poised to be one of the dumbest generations in history. Micah isn't the only one that there's gonna be something wrong with. He's a kid by most standards. Hopefully it doesn't last.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak ended our hopes this season with his interceptions. The defense had a chance to give him the ball back and failed. That doesn't excuse Dak's picks.
Understood, but if only fans understood what's happening and why it wasn't better...

These comments below from another thread might help.

I’ll also add that no one can really make many comments about the passing game or the QB (other than he should have taken the sack or thrown it away) simply by watching the game on TV.

When you watch some of the film breakdowns former professionals do and hear a HOF SB QB like Kurt Warner looking at plays and commenting, “That’s a bad decision by Dak, but I really have no idea what they are trying to accomplish with the routes on this play,” or “The design here is okay, but there’s no attention to detail. The receiver must get to that defenders outside shoulder; then he can keep going making it an easy throw for the QB, or if that other S drops down, he now has more room when cutting back. By stopping where he did, he made even the low outside throw too easy to be deflected.” Over and over and over, former QBs and OCs look at the film, love some designs, but too often can’t figure out what the play is trying to accomplish. Too often also talking about little adjustments that make plays work and help set up something else down the line.

It was time, past time for a change.
Excellent post and analysis! Thank you for this well thought out and explained post. It's why I can't agree or like those blaming the QB (or any QB) for the drastic failing(s) of the O-Coordinator and his terrible pass concepts and schemes. It's mind-boggling how so many don't understand or refuse to understand how routes, schemes, separation, concepts can affect a QB. If the QB were to simply throw the ball away or take a sack, these same people would complain the QB is afraid to just let it rip and take a chance...and visa/versa. It all starts off with proper concepts/schemes and better route running and designs. That's what Kurt Warner and other professional ex QBs are noticing right away.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah something is wrong. He's a 23 year old know it all Gen Z'er. Poised to be one of the dumbest generations in history. Micah isn't the only one that there's gonna be something wrong with. He's a kid by most standards. Hopefully it doesn't last.
Very true. Hope it doesn't as well.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people care so much? He knows lane Johnson he can’t root for a guy he knows?

so Micah can’t say anything just because his ownership is inept?

Micah parsons balled out this year… two time all pro. Showed up both games in the playoffs. He isn’t the problem. He can say what he wants

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you think Bill Parcells would say that the way to win is take the ball out of Brady's, Wilson's, Rodgers' hands? LOL.

Stop. The article you cited actually undermined your points. Parcells said what most have said. Dak is decent, maybe good but he's not great and the way to win with him is take the ball out of his hands (I mean that's literally what was said in the article) and be more balanced/run the ball more. I mean the quote from Parcells starts with him admitting Dak isn't a "top, top-quality" QB in this league.
The same way Parcells tried to reign in Romo but failed. He succeeded with Phil Simms, though, so Bill knows what he's talking about when one can win a SB with such QBs. I have no problem doing the same with Dak. The problem has been as Bill said, the lack of weapons, lack of a running game, bad Oline, bad passing scheme and route design concepts with receivers who do not gain separation, etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Understood, but if only fans understood what's happening and why it wasn't better...

These comments below from another thread might help.

Excellent post and analysis! Thank you for this well thought out and explained post. It's why I can't agree or like those blaming the QB (or any QB) for the drastic failing(s) of the O-Coordinator and his terrible pass concepts and schemes. It's mind-boggling how so many don't understand or refuse to understand how routes, schemes, separation, concepts can affect a QB. If the QB were to simply throw the ball away or take a sack, these same people would complain the QB is afraid to just let it rip and take a chance...and visa/versa. It all starts off with proper concepts/schemes and better route running and designs. That's what Kurt Warner and other professional ex QBs are noticing right away.
This thread wasn't even about Dak.....you brought him up and now it has become another trash Dak thread.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No offense but you guys gotta grow up and get into the real world. The rivalry’s we care about don’t matter to these players- they look at the league as a fraternity. They know how much hard work and dedication and pain it takes to make it at this level. When the game is kicked off they go hard and wanna beat the hell out of each other but it’s a new era.

Theirs mutual respect all across this league….players share agents, share endorsements, habe same Friends and connections through coaches and teammates.

Get over it dude. It means zero.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am getting a little concerned that Micah is looking to jump ship when his contract is up. The Cowboys can keep him through 2026 by picking up his option year, and then they can franchise him for 2 more years. So they can hold onto him if he is unwilling to re-sign with Dallas. I see the same problem with Diggs. He seems to be looking for a way out too. There is no 5th year option for Diggs and I don't think he is worth the franchise tag. So he could be gone after this season. I could see him giving the Bills a discount so he can play with his brother.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I think at the end of the day, you have an issue with Parsons because of his tweet about the playoff QBs and how it looked like a slight of Dak. Once he did that, you were done with Parsons.
:hammer:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Bottom line, like I've said for years, you're just another butthurt Romo apologist that's always hated Dak. Plain and obvious.
This is why most of the board is done with you. You try to tell everyone how to be a "team" fan. Yet it's obvious you are willing to blame anyone & everyone else totally rather than admitting Dak has any culpability. When your arguments run dry you resort to comments like this. Says way more about your biases and thought patterns than mine. You know nothing about me or any other poster on this board so keep your ******* drivel to yourself or better yet the mods should just ban you permanently for all your personal attacks.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I am getting a little concerned that Micah is looking to jump ship when his contract is up. The Cowboys can keep him through 2026 by picking up his option year, and then they can franchise him for 2 more years. So they can hold onto him if he is unwilling to re-sign with Dallas. I see the same problem with Diggs. He seems to be looking for a way out too. There is no 5th year option for Diggs and I don't think he is worth the franchise tag. So he could be gone after this season. I could see him giving the Bills a discount so he can play with his brother.
I think he absolutely is and I don't blame him
the guy wants to win and if he sees a franchise and a locker room that isn't 100% committed to the same, he's looking for a way out.
I applaud him for that. we need more guys like that. Guys who desperately want to win and don't care if anyone's feelings are hurt in the process.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Needs to spend more time working on pass rush moves instead of just trying to use speed.

Oh and not being tired and injured
Uh, have you seen Baldy's takes?
Parsons has been experimenting with a number of pass rush moves.
The stutter step and the hump move (Reggie White's specialty) are among two of them that have gotten him major attention.
Don't let the hate consume you.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This is why most of the board is done with you. You try to tell everyone how to be a "team" fan. Yet it's obvious you are willing to blame anyone & everyone else totally rather than admitting Dak has any culpability. When your arguments run dry you resort to comments like this. Says way more about your biases and thought patterns than mine. You know nothing about me or any other poster on this board so keep your ******* drivel to yourself or better yet the mods should just ban you permanently for all your personal attacks.
:clap::clap: